1 year for econ degree or 2 years for CS degree?

user1728482728

user1728482728

zephir
I go to a shitty small state school. Its actually not that bad academically just not well known.

Anyways Im a senior but dropped out twice so not finished my degree, but I almost have enough credits to graduate I have 105 credits.

I could easily finish an Econ degree but I think it might be pretty useless. Would 2 years for a CS degree be worth it?

Or I could just do Econ and learn web development on the side, I guess.

You can learn web development on the side but cs students have more of a chance getting into work place after college, just max out your portfolio

• +1
Reactions: user1728482728
cs. the degree doesnt matter. you just need the paper for retarded hr's who will most of the time disqualify you for jobs because of not having a degree.

self taught is a huge cope. 99.9% don't get the jobs they want. if cs grads are failing to get grad jobs or make 30k after what makes u think avg self taught will be any higher. incredibly difficult to have the motivation and learning capability to learn on same level someone having a structured course with professors and learning it all in a short time frame. the web dev market is also saturated as fuck.

the very few people who succeed and get good jobs after self taught would've excelled in college or any other path eitherway.

do the degree, start building projects/things on the side from day one, start leetcoding after doing DS&A module, get a research role first year and internship in second. youll get a well paying job easily after grad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
CS since you go to a shitty school. Breaking into industry with an Econ degree from a shitty school will be much harder. Most firms only recruit from Top 20 uni's.

cs. the degree doesnt matter. you just need the paper for retarded hr's who will most of the time disqualify you for jobs because of not having a degree.

self taught is a huge cope. 99.9% don't get the jobs they want. if cs grads are failing to get grad jobs or make 30k after what makes u think avg self taught will be any higher. incredibly difficult to have the motivation and learning capability to learn on same level someone having a structured course with professors and learning it all in a short time frame. the web dev market is also saturated as fuck.

the very few people who succeed and get good jobs after self taught would've excelled in college or any other path eitherway.

do the degree, start building projects/things on the side from day one, start leetcoding after doing DS&A module, get a research role first year and internship in second. youll get a well paying job easily after grad.
No internships, no research, no projects outside of coursework, shitty gpa, but graduated from a top 20 university in U.S. What do?