3-AD Pro-hormone (dehydroandrosterol)

D

Deleted member 19865

"But why... Is that all I'm worth?"
Making this post to share a discovery I made which I thought would be helpful to you guys. A few months ago, I came across an obscure pro-hormone being sold on online supplement stores called 3-AD, or dehydroandrosterol. This stuff seemed too good to be true at first, and barely anyone has covered it, even on hardcore roid forums. The few vids on the stuff had claims such as increased testosterone production (instead of suppression), increased energy, and enhanced muscle growth.

I decided to do my own research on it, as I was quite intrigued. I avoid roids and sarms because of the side effects (the sides can be bad enough to actually be a looksmin if you're unlucky), but I've always wanted to know what that "alpha feeling" that people claim to get from anabolics was like. I figured maybe this stuff would be worth a shot.

I purchased two bottles of this stuff, and it was expensive as fuck. I'm talking 60-80 USD a bottle.
Here's my overview:

Gains:
Over the course of two months, I gained about 10 pounds. Strength went up on my bench by about 40 pounds. Leg strength went up substantially, with my leg lifts going up between 30 - 60% (maxxed out some of the leg machines so I couldn't go up any higher for some movements).

Energy and mindset:
I felt noticeably more bold and ambitious. Felt the constant desire to "hustle and grind". Felt more confident and motivated in general.

Side effects:
  • Mild hair shedding. Nothing serious, but noticeable. When I combed my hair, a lot more hair fell out. Fortunately it was temporary from what I could tell.
  • Prostate enlargement. Never experienced this myself, but I've come across comments and reviews from others who've claimed this happened to them.
  • Increased acne. Very mild, but still noticeable. Most of it was back/body acne. Nothing too serious.
  • Increased sex-drive. Didn't notice this very much, but some other users have claimed this to happened to them.
  • Elevated cholesterol. Cholesterol was somewhat elevated from this stuff. Not off the charts, but definitely above average.
Pros and cons:
Pros:
  • No liver enzyme elevation.
  • Noticeable muscle and strength gains
  • Boosted mood and confidence
  • Potential testosterone production increase*
Cons:
  • Some side effects (see above)
  • Expensive as fuck (one bottle will last two weeks. Bottle is $60 minimum).
  • Hard to find any reliable info on it
  • Have to dose twice per day
*The evidence of this is tentative, but it's still promising. My hypothesis on why it can lead to increased test output instead of suppression is that dehydroandrosterol (androst-5-ene-3α,17β-diol) acts as an intermediary for the production to test. Androstenedione (androst-5-ene-3β,17β-diol), which is extremely close in chemical structure has been confirmed to be an intermediate for testosterone production in clinical literature [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androstenedione].

Here's some links to some videos on the stuff:

Tony Huge is affiliated with Enhanced and has reason to promote this stuff, so take it with a grain of salt.

Interview with the creator of this compound by Ryan Russo. I got the impression that they are trying to be low key with its promotion so as to avoid getting it banned or spotlighted enough to be tested for in competitions.

Other links:
https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/dehydroandrosterol.302899/ (only serious discussion on dehydroandrosterol on the entire internet)
https://patents.justia.com/patent/20180071314 (patent link for compound)
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/WADA_Prohibited_List_2007_EN.pdf Something interesting. WADA link showing that this exact compound was banned for competitive athletes all the way back in 2006.

Keep in mind, there have been other pro-hormones called 3-AD in the past that were completely different compounds. The chemical compound is androst-5-ene-3α,17β-diol. If it is even slightly different, such as something like androst-5-ene-3β,17β-diol, then it is not the same compound. If you see old bodybuilding forum discussions on this stuff circa 2008, then chances are it's about a completely different compound.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: basedblackpiller and thereallegend