77% of American youth are too unhealthy and/or drugged military service

Earth Dollar

Earth Dollar

Victim of autocorrect
A new study from the Pentagon shows that 77% of young Americans would not qualify for military service without a waiver due to being overweight, using drugs or having mental and physical health problems.

A slide detailing the findings from the Pentagon's 2020 Qualified Military Available Study shared with Military.com shows a 6% increase from the latest 2017 Department of Defense research that showed 71% of Americans would be ineligible for service.

"When considering youth disqualified for one reason alone, the most prevalent disqualification rates are overweight (11%), drug and alcohol abuse (8%), and medical/physical health (7%)," the study, which examined Americans between the ages of 17 and 24, read. The study was conducted by the Pentagon's office of personnel and readiness.

Mental health accounted for 4% of disqualifications, while aptitude, conduct or being a dependent accounted for 1% each. Most youth, 44%, were disqualified for multiple reasons.

The updated figures paint a picture of what is currently plaguing military recruiters in many of the service branches, with a shrinking pool of potential service members available to them.

Maj. Charlie Dietz, a Department of Defense spokesman, confirmed that the study shared with Military.com was accurate and said all the services are being challenged by the current recruiting environment.

"There are many factors that we are navigating through, such as the fact that youth are more disconnected and disinterested compared to previous generations," Dietz said. "The declining veteran population and shrinking military footprint has contributed to a market that is unfamiliar with military service resulting in an overreliance of military stereotypes."

Lawmakers have been raising the alarm over the recruiting environment throughout the year. Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., the rankin
g member of the Senate Armed Services Committee personnel panel, said during an April 27 hearing that he was worried the widespread ineligibility of many Americans will contribute to readiness problems.

"To put it bluntly, I am worried we are now in the early days of a long-term threat to the all-volunteer force. [There is] a small and declining number of Americans who are eligible and interested in military service," Tillis said. He added that "every single metric tracking the military recruiting environment is going in the wrong direction."

The Council for a Strong America, a nonprofit organization made up of retired military officers, law enforcement and business leaders that advocates for better nutrition and healthy lifestyles among kids, issued a press release expressing alarm at the findings.

The group called on lawmakers in Washington to take action so that younger generations would qualify for military service.

"The retired admirals and generals of Mission: Readiness recognize that the underlying causes of obesity cannot be solved by the efforts of the military alone," the Council for a Strong America said in a statement. "With an increase in youth being ineligible for military service, it is more important than ever for policymakers, including state and local school boards, to promote healthy eating, increased access to fresh and nutritious foods, and physical activity for children from an early age."

Dietz told Military.com that the Army and most of the service's reserve components are in jeopardy of missing their FY2022 recruiting goals.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Hades, Shrek2OnDvD, Deleted member 18931 and 6 others
Good. I hope we get taken over by china and forced into re-education camps.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369, Hades, Shrek2OnDvD and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19174
@Octillionaire, are you too sped to enlist in the military? :unsure:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369 and Deleted member 21620
All leftists are starvemaxxed vegans while rightists are just living the "My 600-lb Life" till they die. Don't even counting the furries, fags, trannies. World is a shit hole.

I wake up every day wishing that there is a zombie apocalypse.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Earth Dollar
All leftists are starvemaxxed vegans while rightists are just living the "My 600-lb Life" till they die. Don't even counting the furries, fags, trannies
I think Americans regardless of political affiliations are fat. I was in the south and I couldn't believe the obesity rate there.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shrek2OnDvD, Trilogy, Lmao and 3 others
All leftists are starvemaxxed vegans while rightists are just living the "My 600-lb Life" till they die. Don't even counting the furries, fags, trannies. World is a shit hole.

I wake up every day wishing that there is a zombie apocalypse.
Americans are just fat in general. especially the women

I think Americans regardless of political affiliations are fat. I was in the south and I couldn't believe the obesity rate there.
Yea America has a obesity problem. Its a bit less in the west coast, and some states like Colorado, utah, idaho in the younger generation 14-25. But overall its still way to high.

And the thing is in the event of a war, they'll just lower the standards to the point any man who can move gets conscripted. All the fat fucks will be tank and vehicle operators, while the fit people get sent to be soldiers.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21620
USA already has the biggest military by far. In all honesty it should downside a little. USA got a serious obesity problem tho. Gymmaxx everybody. Bodymogging feels good

• JFL
"Muh Chico face will get me in the military who cares if I'm a lil chubby rn I'm bulking"

another reason why america is easy mode

• JFL
USA already has the biggest military by far. In all honesty it should downside a little. USA got a serious obesity problem tho. Gymmaxx everybody. Bodymogging feels good
Americans are the laziest dumbest pieces of shit on the planet. I am a natural born American citizen so I can say this. Even though it seems like gymmaxxing is common it really is only common on the coasts, it isn't in middle America, them niggas fat and lazy, ain't shit to do out there but eat and sit on your ass

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ricochet, Deleted member 18931 and Deleted member 21620
@Octillionaire, are you too sped to enlist in the military? :unsure:

No. I’m pretty sure you need to be seriously mentally ill to do that. My dad got out of the Vietnam war draft because he larped as a schizo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Zer0/∞ and Deleted member 21620
No. I’m pretty sure you need to be seriously mentally ill to do that. My dad got out of the Vietnam war draft because he larped as a schizo
You can’t enlist if you have an iq below 80, they have a cognitive aptitude test that is 80% correlated with IQ.

Another way to measure whether military members are dumb is cognitive ability, or IQ.

Some question the idea of using standardized testing to measure intelligence. Others say these tests matter.

The military, universities, and businessesspend vast sums of money researching and designing standardized tests. How do military members stack up against their non-military peers?

All military recruits must take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) to qualify for enlistment. The ASVAB is essentially an IQ test (correlation = 0.8). The ASVAB predicts SAT scores (correlation = .82). And it correlates with ACT scores (0.77).

To qualify, recruits must score higher than roughly one-third of all who take the ASVAB. The lowest acceptable percentile score to join is 36 for the Air Force, 35 for the Navy, 32 for the Marine Corps, and 31 for the Army

This was instituted after Vietnam where the mentally disabled were dying at 3x the rate and proved to be a liability in the war.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369 and Deleted member 21620
You can’t enlist if you have an iq below 80, they have a cognitive aptitude test that is 80% correlated with IQ.

This was instituted after Vietnam where the mentally disabled were dying at 3x the rate and proved to be a liability in the war.

Interesting. I’m pretty low iq so I not even make the cutoff. Although 80 is really low

A new study from the Pentagon shows that 77% of young Americans would not qualify for military service without a waiver due to being overweight, using drugs or having mental and physical health problems.

A slide detailing the findings from the Pentagon's 2020 Qualified Military Available Study shared with Military.com shows a 6% increase from the latest 2017 Department of Defense research that showed 71% of Americans would be ineligible for service.

"When considering youth disqualified for one reason alone, the most prevalent disqualification rates are overweight (11%), drug and alcohol abuse (8%), and medical/physical health (7%)," the study, which examined Americans between the ages of 17 and 24, read. The study was conducted by the Pentagon's office of personnel and readiness.

Mental health accounted for 4% of disqualifications, while aptitude, conduct or being a dependent accounted for 1% each. Most youth, 44%, were disqualified for multiple reasons.

The updated figures paint a picture of what is currently plaguing military recruiters in many of the service branches, with a shrinking pool of potential service members available to them.

Maj. Charlie Dietz, a Department of Defense spokesman, confirmed that the study shared with Military.com was accurate and said all the services are being challenged by the current recruiting environment.

"There are many factors that we are navigating through, such as the fact that youth are more disconnected and disinterested compared to previous generations," Dietz said. "The declining veteran population and shrinking military footprint has contributed to a market that is unfamiliar with military service resulting in an overreliance of military stereotypes."

Lawmakers have been raising the alarm over the recruiting environment throughout the year. Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., the rankin
g member of the Senate Armed Services Committee personnel panel, said during an April 27 hearing that he was worried the widespread ineligibility of many Americans will contribute to readiness problems.

"To put it bluntly, I am worried we are now in the early days of a long-term threat to the all-volunteer force. [There is] a small and declining number of Americans who are eligible and interested in military service," Tillis said. He added that "every single metric tracking the military recruiting environment is going in the wrong direction."

The Council for a Strong America, a nonprofit organization made up of retired military officers, law enforcement and business leaders that advocates for better nutrition and healthy lifestyles among kids, issued a press release expressing alarm at the findings.

The group called on lawmakers in Washington to take action so that younger generations would qualify for military service.

"The retired admirals and generals of Mission: Readiness recognize that the underlying causes of obesity cannot be solved by the efforts of the military alone," the Council for a Strong America said in a statement. "With an increase in youth being ineligible for military service, it is more important than ever for policymakers, including state and local school boards, to promote healthy eating, increased access to fresh and nutritious foods, and physical activity for children from an early age."

Dietz told Military.com that the Army and most of the service's reserve components are in jeopardy of missing their FY2022 recruiting goals.

The US has fucked itself over so bad for no reason. Yea other countries are much bigger shitholes but Its rare that a country makes such an effort to deliberately turn itself into a shithole as much as the US has.

• +1
Reactions: Earth Dollar
Interesting. I’m pretty low iq so I not even make the cutoff. Although 80 is really low
10% of the US population have an IQ of 80 or below.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
no need to be fit when you can just destroy entire armies with drones half way across the world

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back