Advice for starting college & social success?

Lux

Lux

Kraken
With fall semester starting in ~ a month what advice would you guys have for someone starting fresh at uni. All advice is welcome. I've got some ideas but pretty much going into this blind.

The current plan is to be running a perpetual vodka redbull for the first week or two & talk to everyone possible what you guys think?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Crusile and Deleted member 20565
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Lux
1. Get the partying out of your system asap
2. Do not fuck up your first year classes, most do because of the sudden freedom
3. Know who to associate with and who to avoid (retards that do nothing in groups, girls that will use you for your IQ, genuinely good people, etc.)
4. If you want to max out your success post college, focus on internships/co-ops (if your uni offers them), networking events, make a LinkedIn asap if you work/study in Tech/Finance
5. Making friends is easiest in the first few days of class, be the one to break the ice and introduce yourself to whoever seems interesting to you
6. Try to be a leader in group projects, a lot of idiots will try to get away with doing nothing and will fall into the fetal position when someone gives them shit for it
7. If you actually seem like an idiot, people will avoid you, first impressions are important (physically and mentally)
8. Be approachable
9. Don't be surprised if people ghost you
10. There is a lot of "fakeness" in Uni, and it depends a lot on what field of study you are in (business fields especially), be ready to navigate around people like this
11. Find interesting hobbies, clubs, events, etc. Don't just be a party goer with no ambitions.
12. If your sole goal is to fuck as many bitches as possible, do that in first year, if you realize you are getting no bitches, fix your life and re attempt in your last year of study. Don't fucking waste time trying to get laid when you can't even pull any bitches in the first place, while also trying to focus on studies.

• +1
Reactions: watah, anon_will_overcome, poopoohead and 13 others
2. Do not fuck up your first year classes, most do because of the sudden freedom
3. Know who to associate with and who to avoid (retards that do nothing in groups, girls that will use you for your IQ, genuinely good people, etc.)
4. If you want to max out your success post college, focus on internships/co-ops (if your uni offers them), networking events, make a LinkedIn asap if you work/study in Tech/Finance
5. Making friends is easiest in the first few days of class, be the one to break the ice and introduce yourself to whoever seems interesting to you
6. Try to be a leader in group projects, a lot of idiots will try to get away with doing nothing and will fall into the fetal position when someone gives them shit for it
7. If you actually seem like an idiot, people will avoid you, first impressions are important (physically and mentally)
8. Be approachable
10. There is a lot of "fakeness" in Uni, and it depends a lot on what field of study you are in (business fields especially), be ready to navigate around people like this
11. Find interesting hobbies, clubs, events, etc. Don't just be a party goer with no ambitions.
12. If your sole goal is to fuck as many bitches as possible, do that in first year, if you realize you are getting no bitches, fix your life and re attempt in your last year of study. Don't fucking waste time trying to get laid when you can't even pull any bitches in the first place, while also trying to focus on studies.
Do you have any advice for frauding your way into a top school given you already have decent grades

Do you have any advice for frauding your way into a top school given you already have decent grades
Can you elaborate?

You mean from high school into a Uni?

What country are you based in.

8. Be approachable
What abt starting High-school?

Can you elaborate?

You mean from high school into a Uni?

What country are you based in.

Yeah highschool from uni

Top schools like ivy leagues

Average grades: gpa 3.5- 3.7

• JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84
With fall semester starting in ~ a month what advice would you guys have for someone starting fresh at uni. All advice is welcome. I've got some ideas but pretty much going into this blind.

The current plan is to be running a perpetual vodka redbull for the first week or two & talk to everyone possible what you guys think?
first impression = everything
if you fuck that up its over

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and Lux

Yeah highschool from uni

Top schools like ivy leagues

Average grades: gpa 3.5- 3.7
Frankly I don't know how it works in the states as I am based in Canada but I know at a certain point your ECs and connections start to matter more than grades, as well as the essays they make you write out (idk if they do that there).

Basically if your grades legit cannot be improved much further its all about the clubs and shit you were in during high school, any volunteering you did for the community, etc.

If you are white try to volunteer for some shit that promotes people of color (I know but that's the way academia is headed right now) and LGBTQ (assuming you are in a lenient state like Cali or NY).

If you are not white then do the same regardless.

If you really wanted to hardfraud you make a donation to some schools lmfao.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Lux
If you are white try to volunteer for some shit that promotes people of color (I know but that's the way academia is headed right now) and LGBTQ (assuming you are in a lenient state like Cali or NY).

just fagmaxx bro

• JFL
Reactions: bara
Frankly I don't know how it works in the states as I am based in Canada but I know at a certain point your ECs and connections start to matter more than grades, as well as the essays they make you write out (idk if they do that there).

Basically if your grades legit cannot be improved much further its all about the clubs and shit you were in during high school, any volunteering you did for the community, etc.

If you are not white then do the same regardless.

If you really wanted to hardfraud you make a donation to some schools lmfao.
Okay thanks

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
1. Live on campus
2. Don't rely on class to meet girls. You need to befriend guys and get invited to their parties.
3. Do the minimum effort in all your classes and don't stress about class like an incel. College is only for socializing in 2022.

• +1
Reactions: watah, poopoohead and Lux
I'm going to repost something I wrote here about two years ago when someone asked a similar question (time sure flies). Idk what country you're in but this mostly applies everywhere. Your vodka red-bull idea is theoretically pretty good. The first month is make or break socially and will dictate the next couple years. You need to go to everything (parties, orientation events, etc.) and talk to everyone. The key at first is to be high visibility.

Literally the most useful part of college in 2022 is the social connections you make ( "networking" is basically just being popular/well-known and having a lot of friends). Anyways, see below. It's long but worth it. Good luck.

Most people here are retarded, mentalcels, or will troll you, so be careful. Many are also in high school and don't know what they're talking about. I'll try to give you the advice I would have wanted and it's actually good. This issue is tough because for normies it's all intuitive and autists don't get it so you need someone who's seen both sides. I'm responding seriously here on this garbage forum so please take this to heart, I see myself in this post. Lmk if you have questions. I know you don't have much experience bc American kids do smoke cigs (and vape) at parties when they're drunk then just vape the rest of the time. It's gross but so is party lifestyle tbh. The residence hall floor below mine freshman year is known for degenerecy and upperclassmen RA's take bets on how long it will take for the freshman there to break out the coke in the common room. My year it was 3 days after move-in.

First, the first 2 months are literally make or break (especially first few weeks), like everyone says. Normies intuitively know this, but anyone who is asking this likely doesn't have a ton of social experience (that was me in the past). Your goal in the first few weeks isn't to make lifelong friends or anything, it's just to meet as many people as possible. You want to be a guy who many people know or at least recognize. If you can do this, then you build up social momentum which is what you need and why things get way harder later. Imagine this: you sit down next to a guy in your first class before the lecture starts and find out he's a freshman too and make small talk (how are you, what's your name, where are you from etc.) and afterwards ask to grab his number (no homo) -- in a cool way in case you hear about any social events going down or have questions about class (depending on how well you vibe). Later, you're standing in a long line in the dining center and talk with the chick standing behind you (e.g. "this line's taking forever, I didn't pay for this" etc.) for 2 min. Repeat this over and over your entire first week. That's what you need to do. Even if you don't want to join a frat or be a chad, you must talk to as many people as possible, say literally anything. Being known is better than not.

Now imagine it's the end of the week and you're heading out with some people in your residence hall who seem cool. Maybe you text your dude from class to see where he's headed out. You go pregame then later end up at a party and see the dude from class. You go up and make small talk (how was your week etc.) so you don't have to stand alone. Then you notice the chick from the line, you approach and say hi to her and ask her to introduce you to her friend (she'll definitely be with a friend). That's +1 people you've met, then you keep the conversation going for 3 minutes before some other guy comes up. You introduce yourself to him them dip out back to your original group. +1 more person. Repeat. I'm laying this out like a story so you can understand with actual examples how this all works. This may seem too perfect or made up to you, but I promise you this is literally how it all happens. The difference is chad would bang the chick and later her friend. All women and cool guys will naturally experience the first weeks like this -- constantly making flimsy connections then using them to meet more people, some of whom they build real friendships with. If dudes see you approach a girl like that at a party, they'll think you have huge balls and respect you but the truth is you already kind of knew her (so it's not really weird). Girls will notice you talking to a girl and respect you more, so you have an easier time talking to them. Being able to approach like this seems simple but immediately puts you ahead of at least 50% of guys.

Also, like other posters said, prepare to be mogged. You're in the U.S. it seems and since you mentioned frats I'm assuming your going to a bigger school, possibly a state one. The competition will be high. A lot of guys were the top ones in there high schools and many older guys in frats are on juice (steroids). You can join a frat, but the lower level ones are considered lame and it might not be worth it (or maybe it is, nothing wrong with having a cool group of guy friends, just don't expect the stereotypical frat life). Be honest with yourself, if you're not really about the party lifestyle or can't fake it for a few months, it's not worth it -- find another niche but use my same advice.

I'll end this effortpost here, hopefully someone reads this, but the last thing is don't buy in to the blackpill stuff while you're there. Yeah looks matter, all this stuff is real, but not in the way you think. I'm not coping when I say that there are shortish, ugly guys in top frats. Usually they're charismamaxxed or have something really special about them but it can be done. The name of the game here is status. Looks help chad get status effortlessly, but if you're more proactive than other kids, you can build status just by knowing people then it snowballs.

Also read everything by Chris (Good Looking Loser) about college. He was a PUA-type from like a decade ago but the difference was he was a chad mentalcel so he still had success. Here's one of his posts, he has a series: https://www.goodlookingloser.com/misconceptions-about-college-part-2 . This is gold man. Good luck.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: watah, zeshama, anon_will_overcome and 8 others
I'm going to repost something I wrote here about two years ago when someone asked a similar question (time sure flies). Idk what country you're in but this mostly applies everywhere. Your vodka red-bull idea is theoretically pretty good. The first month is make or break socially and will dictate the next couple years. You need to go to everything (parties, orientation events, etc.) and talk to everyone. The key at first is to be high visibility.

Literally the most useful part of college in 2022 is the social connections you make ( "networking" is basically just being popular/well-known and having a lot of friends). Anyways, see below. It's long but worth it. Good luck.

Most people here are retarded, mentalcels, or will troll you, so be careful. Many are also in high school and don't know what they're talking about. I'll try to give you the advice I would have wanted and it's actually good. This issue is tough because for normies it's all intuitive and autists don't get it so you need someone who's seen both sides. I'm responding seriously here on this garbage forum so please take this to heart, I see myself in this post. Lmk if you have questions. I know you don't have much experience bc American kids do smoke cigs (and vape) at parties when they're drunk then just vape the rest of the time. It's gross but so is party lifestyle tbh. The residence hall floor below mine freshman year is known for degenerecy and upperclassmen RA's take bets on how long it will take for the freshman there to break out the coke in the common room. My year it was 3 days after move-in.

First, the first 2 months are literally make or break (especially first few weeks), like everyone says. Normies intuitively know this, but anyone who is asking this likely doesn't have a ton of social experience (that was me in the past). Your goal in the first few weeks isn't to make lifelong friends or anything, it's just to meet as many people as possible. You want to be a guy who many people know or at least recognize. If you can do this, then you build up social momentum which is what you need and why things get way harder later. Imagine this: you sit down next to a guy in your first class before the lecture starts and find out he's a freshman too and make small talk (how are you, what's your name, where are you from etc.) and afterwards ask to grab his number (no homo) -- in a cool way in case you hear about any social events going down or have questions about class (depending on how well you vibe). Later, you're standing in a long line in the dining center and talk with the chick standing behind you (e.g. "this line's taking forever, I didn't pay for this" etc.) for 2 min. Repeat this over and over your entire first week. That's what you need to do. Even if you don't want to join a frat or be a chad, you must talk to as many people as possible, say literally anything. Being known is better than not.

Now imagine it's the end of the week and you're heading out with some people in your residence hall who seem cool. Maybe you text your dude from class to see where he's headed out. You go pregame then later end up at a party and see the dude from class. You go up and make small talk (how was your week etc.) so you don't have to stand alone. Then you notice the chick from the line, you approach and say hi to her and ask her to introduce you to her friend (she'll definitely be with a friend). That's +1 people you've met, then you keep the conversation going for 3 minutes before some other guy comes up. You introduce yourself to him them dip out back to your original group. +1 more person. Repeat. I'm laying this out like a story so you can understand with actual examples how this all works. This may seem too perfect or made up to you, but I promise you this is literally how it all happens. The difference is chad would bang the chick and later her friend. All women and cool guys will naturally experience the first weeks like this -- constantly making flimsy connections then using them to meet more people, some of whom they build real friendships with. If dudes see you approach a girl like that at a party, they'll think you have huge balls and respect you but the truth is you already kind of knew her (so it's not really weird). Girls will notice you talking to a girl and respect you more, so you have an easier time talking to them. Being able to approach like this seems simple but immediately puts you ahead of at least 50% of guys.

Also, like other posters said, prepare to be mogged. You're in the U.S. it seems and since you mentioned frats I'm assuming your going to a bigger school, possibly a state one. The competition will be high. A lot of guys were the top ones in there high schools and many older guys in frats are on juice (steroids). You can join a frat, but the lower level ones are considered lame and it might not be worth it (or maybe it is, nothing wrong with having a cool group of guy friends, just don't expect the stereotypical frat life). Be honest with yourself, if you're not really about the party lifestyle or can't fake it for a few months, it's not worth it -- find another niche but use my same advice.

I'll end this effortpost here, hopefully someone reads this, but the last thing is don't buy in to the blackpill stuff while you're there. Yeah looks matter, all this stuff is real, but not in the way you think. I'm not coping when I say that there are shortish, ugly guys in top frats. Usually they're charismamaxxed or have something really special about them but it can be done. The name of the game here is status. Looks help chad get status effortlessly, but if you're more proactive than other kids, you can build status just by knowing people then it snowballs.

Also read everything by Chris (Good Looking Loser) about college. He was a PUA-type from like a decade ago but the difference was he was a chad mentalcel so he still had success. Here's one of his posts, he has a series: https://www.goodlookingloser.com/misconceptions-about-college-part-2 . This is gold man. Good luck.
good reply thank you. Forgot about goodlookingloser I'll give the place a look around

Thoughts on going to an Ivy League the social aspect will be significantly worst but the education and the opurtunity to be successful after college will vastly increase

join the videogame society, find a nerd girl, and go to town on her pussy 7 days a week for the three years you are there.

fuck all the slaying bullshit. way more trouble than its worth.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate and Lux
find people that have things in common with you.

Such as inceldom? Don’t do that. It’s a recipe for disaster. Don’t fill your social circle with a bunch of incels or you’ll stay incel.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Sexually Disabled
Thoughts on going to an Ivy League the social aspect will be significantly worst but the education and the opurtunity to be successful after college will vastly increase
After graduating I can assure you, you will not look back and say "I am glad I picked this school for all the parties" if it meant the difference between working at a top IB firm or a much smaller firm/shittier job opportunities.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, Respalier and Prince charming
After graduating I can assure you, you will not look back and say "I am glad I picked this school for all the parties" if it meant the difference between working at a top IB firm or a much smaller firm/shittier job opportunities.
Okay thank you I’ve been turn because I have the opportunity to go to really good schools but all my friends are going to hbcu’s where all the girls and parties are so I’ve been having a bit of fomo but ik if I go to a Ivy League my chances of success will drastically improve

Okay thank you I’ve been turn because I have the opportunity to go to really good schools but all my friends are going to hbcu’s where all the girls and parties are so I’ve been having a bit of fomo but ik if I go to a Ivy League my chances of success will drastically improve
Most people go their own ways anyway during or after uni. It sucks that you have to go your own way but this is (can be) a life changing decision.

Do not cuck your future opportunities for some extra fun.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, Respalier, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
Most people go their own ways anyway during or after uni. It sucks that you have to go your own way but this is (can be) a life changing decision.

Do not cuck your future opportunities for some extra fun.
Okay really appreciate the advice

Okay really appreciate the advice
No problem.

Also on the fomo thing, it can happen to you.

You can choose to go with your friends to the fun party schools but chances are the novelty factor of partying may wear out for you and by the time you are in your final years and you mature more and start to get into career maxing you will begin to fomo on not going to a better school (it depends on what kinda jobs you are shooting for obviously, but some schools do really have it easier than others).

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, PubertyMaxxer and Prince charming
8. Be approachable

Would you recommend getting facial Fillers shortly before to improve your first impressions?

Would you recommend getting facial Fillers shortly before to improve your first impressions?
I don't know much about cosmetic alterations (if that is what you are referring to).

Regardless, just the basics at first :

1. don't smell like shit (shower, clean clothes, fragrance)
2. have self awareness
3. smile and look approachable
4. lean/gym maxxed
5. know how to carry a conversation and be confident, be friendly

Basically, there is some sort of a hierarchy in uni much like there is in high school.

Not only does it exist on a campus level, but on a class level.

In class, you do not want to look like someone that is alienated because no one will want to associate with you.

Put yourself in the position of entering class for the first time ever.

You WILL see individuals that you just look at and think "what the fuck".

You do NOT want to be one of those individuals.

That will be everyone's first impression of you when they see you everywhere else on campus.

There is a good bit of research on how impactful first impressions can be.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, Respalier and PubertyMaxxer
I don't know much about cosmetic alterations (if that is what you are referring to).

Regardless, just the basics at first :

1. don't smell like shit (shower, clean clothes, fragrance)
2. have self awareness
3. smile and look approachable
4. lean/gym maxxed
5. know how to carry a conversation and be confident, be friendly

Basically, there is some sort of a hierarchy in uni much like there is in high school.

Not only does it exist on a campus level, but on a class level.

In class, you do not want to look like someone that is alienated because no one will want to associate with you.

Put yourself in the position of entering class for the first time ever.

You WILL see individuals that you just look at and think "what the fuck".

You do NOT want to be one of those individuals.

That will be everyone's first impression of you when they see you everywhere else on campus.

There is a good bit of research on how impactful first impressions can be.
Should one do Hardcore surgeries before entering Uni?
Or some filler now and then transfer to another uni with 1 year free semester for Leg Lengthening, Trimax & implants?

Should one do Hardcore surgeries before entering Uni?
Or some filler now and then transfer to another uni with 1 year free semester for Leg Lengthening, Trimax & implants?
I unfortunately just read your sig :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: poopoohead and PubertyMaxxer

a year late but just wanted to lyk this is one of the best things i’ve seen on this shithole

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lux, anon_will_overcome, poopoohead and 1 other person

Users who are viewing this thread

Back