Advice on Bimax (ceph image provided)

M

mss2272

Iron
Due to my sleep apnea and my reluctance to wear CPAP, I decided to get bimax and genio (both of which are covered by my insurance). Based on the ceph, can anyone advise on the type of movement and how much I should advance my maxilla, mandible, and chin? I have my surgery plan consult tomorrow (the surgery is on the 27th). So any thoughtful advice would be much appreciated!

For the record, I have custom wraparound jaw, infraorbital, and paranasal/premaxillary implants (designed by Dr. Y). Unfortunately, the surgeon will remove the custom wraparound jaw and paranasal/premaxillary implants during the surgery.

Attachments

• A892CC8C-301E-48D2-B6A3-7CB7CF7C2086.jpeg
    A892CC8C-301E-48D2-B6A3-7CB7CF7C2086.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Administrator, DivineBeing, Pumanator and 4 others
implants taking another L

• +1
Reactions: spark, mss2272 and Patient A
Due to my sleep apnea and my reluctance to wear CPAP, I decided to get bimax and genio (both of which are covered by my insurance). Based on the ceph, can anyone advise on the type of movement and how much I should advance my maxilla, mandible, and chin? I have my surgery plan consult tomorrow (the surgery is on the 27th). So any thoughtful advice would be much appreciated!

For the record, I have custom wraparound jaw, infraorbital, and paranasal/premaxillary implants (designed by Dr. Y). Unfortunately, the surgeon will remove the custom wraparound jaw and paranasal/premaxillary implants during the surgery.

i hate the thought of surgeons implanting a jaw of a person that has sleep apnea, it's just wrong.

At least this bimax is covered by Insurance.

Im not sure of what sort of movements you will need but it may be the case you need extractions and decompensation orthodontics before undergoing this surgery.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Jason Voorhees, Deleted member 4614 and 2 others
i hate the thought of surgeons implanting a jaw of a person that has sleep apnea, it's just wrong.

At least this bimax is covered by Insurance.

Im not sure of what sort of movements you will need but it may be the case you need extractions and decompensation orthodontics before undergoing this surgery.
To be fair, I did not know about my sleep apnea until two years ago, so Dr. Y had no knowledge about it.

Unfortunately given the timeline, extractions are not possible. But all the doctors that I sent this ceph image and CBCT scans recommend surgery first.

Btw, congrats on getting Bimax with Ramieri! You look amazing. I’ve consulted with him. He’s a great guy but unfortunately Italy is too far from where I live, and my insurance (US based) wont cover surgery abroad.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
How do like the implants? Did they make you significantly more attractive? Did you notice a change in your dating life?

no one here has the knowledge what movements you should get based on looking on your ceph. It’s better to provide a picture and make morphs of it. ask what we think about it and improve it based on that. Then proceed to show your surgeon the morphs. That’s what I’m doing and I’m advising this everyone. The docs even asked for the morphs to use in further planning

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
no idea and probably too late anyway but your side looks good tbh. i think its the implant im seeing there. so without it you surely need bimax and some genio aswell.

• +1
Reactions: mss2272 and Deleted member 7725
@SixCRY @Acromegaly_Chad @RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Pumanator
Screen Shot 2022 01 17 at 22622 AM

Not going to recommend movements, but this case may somewhat educational.

How do like the implants? Did they make you significantly more attractive? Did you notice a change in your dating life?
It did, even though I was not particularly happy with my forward growth. I should’ve done bimax first.

Thank you! I find it interesting that Dr. Gunson/Arnett did clockwise rotation in her case. But she def looks a lot better!
She had a shortface. To fix that you Do CW and often downgraft the maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: mss2272
Damn bro, you were able to get the a wrap around by Dr Y and it has to be removed. It's too bad you weren't diagnosed beforehand would have been the ultimate transformation to get the wraparound after. Looks like it's in good position too.

How did your consult go?

Damn bro, you were able to get the a wrap around by Dr Y and it has to be removed. It's too bad you weren't diagnosed beforehand would have been the ultimate transformation to get the wraparound after. Looks like it's in good position too.

How did your consult go?

I’m still super pissed about it. I’ll probably get a wraparound with Dr. Y again later this year, even though I had a better experience with Dr. E (who did my browbone and forehead).

The surgery plan is as follows:

CCW (around 10 degrees)
LeFort I (6mm)
BSSO+Genio=17mm
Some vertical lengthening for my chin

I’m still super pissed about it. I’ll probably get a wraparound with Dr. Y again later this year, even though I had a better experience with Dr. E (who did my browbone and forehead).

The surgery plan is as follows:

CCW (around 10 degrees)
LeFort I (6mm)
BSSO+Genio=17mm
Some vertical lengthening for my chin
What were the issues with Dr Y? Everyone says he's a bit difficult tbh, but I might still go to him for my infras because he's that good.

That's a big lower movement, but definitely gonna pay off functionally and you can top it off with an implant later and know how the process works.

It's
What were the issues with Dr Y? Everyone says he's a bit difficult tbh, but I might still go to him for my infras because he's that good.

That's a big lower movement, but definitely gonna pay off functionally and you can top it off with an implant later and know how the process works.
It's really hard to change his plan and his staff was a bit messy. That being said, his aesthetic judgment is compared to none. I like my infraorbital rim implants (also done by Dr. Y). I think they make my eyes significantly better.

It's

It's really hard to change his plan and his staff was a bit messy. That being said, his aesthetic judgment is compared to none. I like my infraorbital rim implants (also done by Dr. Y). I think they make my eyes significantly better.
DM'd you