AITA for throwing all my son (14M)'s skincare products?

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
The story is simple. We live in India, where there are a bunch of weird products based around eurocentric beauty standards usually named Fair and Handsome or Fair and Lovely.

I don't like these products for obvious reasons, they are scummy, they are not going to whiten your skin and I don't like the idea of changing your own skin color, especially for our son. My husband and I gave him this beautiful brown skin color like most of the other Indians so he must feel proud of it whether he likes it or not.

So anyway, as I have been cleaning his room while he was away for school, I noticed that he has a bunch of these products (Fair and Handsome) inside his closet, I was so angry, we weren't giving him allowance for this reason! I immediately threw away all these products, he was angry when he came home, he used the excuse that it's his own money and I told him that it's our house our rules plus it's actually our money and it's our job as parents to look out for our children when they make wrong decisions. Now he's upset and keeps telling me that to buy him new ones, I didn't tell my husband yet about this, AITA?

• JFL
Reactions: incel194012940 and the BULL
Most obvious larp i ve read to date, and im low iq ....

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
It’s a reddit post… did you think OP is the indian mom chilling on looksmax?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, HOLYFUARK and Deleted member 2729

Yeah, it seems doubtful an Indian woman would be upset about her kid wanting to be lighter.

Indians are very hung up on skin colour, generally speaking. Even the ones here.