Anyone does boxing here?

25thpercentile human

25thpercentile human

Zephir
Thinking of joining boxing when uni opens again. Anyone got some advice? What exercise should I be doing to prepare? Is it practical for real fights?

• +1
Reactions: Blackout.xl
Thinking of joining boxing when uni opens again. Anyone got some advice? What exercise should I be doing to prepare? Is it practical for real fights?

giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC
Real boxing is fighting on the streets like a real man. Nobody be following some bullshit rules. Every man for himself.

• +1
Reactions: Blackout.xl
I'm starting MMA

Try to get hit in the face
So you can bonesmash
And get a good mouth guard so your teeth won’t get fucked up

Nah face too precious

I box with this dick every 3 hours

I do boxing, bro

I've been doing for 6 months or so.

My advice is for you to work mainly on three muscle groups:

Neck muscles
Traps
Lower back

I guarantee you, you'll feel more pain in these muscles than any other ones. I still feel pain on the lower back after a training session with lots of pendulum.

Get your cardio on point too, the rest you'll need the coach to teach you tbh.

Also, learn how to properly wrap your hands, it makes a shit ton of difference when it comes to how hard you can hit on something, or don't use it at all:

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII and 25thpercentile human

btw, boxing is the base of everything that involves the hands, so yeah, if you have awareness of how street fights start and when it's safer for you to throw a punch to knock the guy out before a fight even begins, it's useful.

For self-defense only, I'd recommend krav mags though, no rules

• Love it
Reactions: 25thpercentile human
I do boxing, bro

I've been doing for 6 months or so.

My advice is for you to work mainly on three muscle groups:

Neck muscles
Traps
Lower back

I guarantee you, you'll feel more pain in these muscles than any other ones. I still feel pain on the lower back after a training session with lots of pendulum.

Get your cardio on point too, the rest you'll need the coach to teach you tbh.

Also, learn how to properly wrap your hands, it makes a shit ton of difference when it comes to how hard you can hit on something, or don't use it at all:

so i should be built kinda like a turtle? i should start doing more pullups from now on then. gonna stop doing deadlifting and squats and just focus more on running now

Real boxing is fighting on the streets like a real man. Nobody be following some bullshit rules. Every man for himself.
Yeah, but those street fighters don't know how to box, so if they challenged an actual boxer, they'd be decapitated by him in matter of milliseconds.

so i should be built kinda like a turtle? i should start doing more pullups from now on then. gonna stop doing deadlifting and squats and just focus more on running now

Not really, the muscles don't need to be big, but they need a lot of endurance, especially traps and neck muscles

Your neck will grow pretty fast btw, even without working out them.

Start doing daily:

pull-ups
sit-ups
squat (you'll need a lot of your quads to move and throw punches)
lower back exercises

• Love it
Reactions: 25thpercentile human
I do boxing. Well you will learn eveything there but i would start building your endurance

I wanna start punching as well. It's one thing to lift weight in a clean, safe environment and another to use your strength to learn the most basic but useful skill in fighting.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401