Anyone Here Ever Tried Duolinguo?

Zesto

Zesto

ベルセルク
Website or app?

My mom signed me up for the wrong Japanese class and the right one filled up. I will now not be able to take a class prior to my trip.

This looks like my only option left.

I also have the textbook (Genki 1) I was going to use for the class as well as another one I'll pick up tomorrow (Japanese From Zero 1).

Yeah. Used it for two years for English. It's pretty solid.

• +1
Reactions: Zesto
It's good for written stuff.

But the only way you're gonna learn a language for real is through constant communication with natives in said language.

So don't worry too much, just learn some basics, and learn the rest from practice.

• +1
Yes I've used it and other language learning apps. It's pretty decent place to start learning a language from, and you will get to a basic level soon if you use it every day.

• +1
I got two months until I leave.

Lmao, it's over for signing-up-for-Japanese-lessons-2-months-prior-to-departurecels.

• +1
Reactions: Zadig, Zesto and Deleted member 283
Lmao, it's over for signing-up-for-Japanese-lessons-2-months-prior-to-departurecels.
8.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Zadig
pretty superficial , simple . If u want to learn a new language u are gonna have to invest a lot more time and effort

• +1
Reactions: Immanuel and Zesto
Isn't jap like one of the hardest languages to learn

Isn't jap like one of the hardest languages to learn
Yes but Zesto is a high-IQ free-thinker you can tell by his quality posts that range from worshipping Japanese women to worshipping Japan.

Truly astounding content.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 283
Yeah shit works ngl

• +1
Works wonderfully for non-complicated languages (i.e. not Japanese)

Works wonderfully for non-complicated languages (i.e. not Japanese)

Japanese is phonetically simple and has straight forward word arrangement.

It's a very common misconception that it is a difficult language.

What is difficult are the writing systems but the spoken language, not at all. I will demonstrate this when I come further along in my studies.

In fact it's been called the perfect tourist language because you can say many sentences in English with just a single word in Japanese.