Best facial hair for wide jaw

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Either clean shaven (good zygos) or light stubble (average zygos).

Heavy stubble or beard will hide your biggest halo, making your face look worse and even bloated/fatter because facial hair adds width but at the same time removes angularity.

This happens to me and another good example is Henry Cavill, his best looks have been clean shaven or light stubble.

When I say wide jaw, i mean relative to the face i.e. square face shape. Nick Bateman has a wide jaw universally, but relatively speaking his face is more longer than wide, which gives him a more rectangle face shape meaning heavy stubble/beard suits him very well.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: tyronelite, Wallenberg, randomvanish and 5 others
I think 2mm stubble is the best for decent or good bones and would only have more if you have a bad chin.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and JamesHowlett
I think 2mm stubble is the best for decent or good bones and would only have more if you have a bad chin.
2mm is literally my perfect stubble length, have to trim at least every other day or my face starts looking bloated.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
All study sayed heavy stubble is most attractive facial hair lenght universally like 5 -7 mm

True about Cavill, he looks best with light stubble

Bateman beard is 12mm on the chin, he made guide how he trims it recently

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
When you're 21 and still can't grow a beard...

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Pumanator and pizza
All study sayed heavy stubble is most attractive facial hair lenght universally like 5 -7 mm

True about Cavill, he looks best with light stubble

Bateman beard is 12mm on the chin, he made guide how he trims it recently

I think the study showed that because majority of men’s faces are longer than they are wide, as in square faces are more rare. In square faces clean or light stubble is always better.

I’ve stressed the importance of finding the best haircut for your face and facial hair is the same.

Yeah Bateman deffo suits longer facial hair because his head in general is big and rectangular as opposed to square.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: oldcell
The best stubble is when it look super sharp

• +1
Why ?
People say it suit me well
Things like goatee, mullet, etc are SMV killers but there are always exceptions to the rule; I’d never outright recommend a goatee.

Maybe you should run an experiment between goatee and light stubble.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
USe stubbly goatee - scruffy goatee

Regular goatee is out of fashion, but goatee with stubbly cheeks, like Gandy, is very cool and stylish

I alone wear it from time to time

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett and Deleted member 10987
Things like goatee, mullet, etc are SMV killers but there are always exceptions to the rule; I’d never outright recommend a goatee.

Maybe you should run an experiment between goatee and light stubble.
Maybe because im fat now so i dont have a sharp jawline so i cant benefit stubble

Also you cant compare goatee to mullet
Nearly all zoomers in france do goatee

Regular goatee is out of fashion, but goatee with stubbly cheeks, like Gandy, is very cool and stylish

I do goaetee with rest shaved tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
Trim your cheeks to like 3-5 mm

And grow goatee ..it look super cool and sharp together
I do cause its masculine as fuck
But im only 18 so my facial hair is weak

Sometimes i want do long hair + leanmaxxed + cleanshaved

Yeah I have a really wide jaw and when I let the beard grow more than 3 days it makes me look like my facial width is from fat instead of bone.

Beards are the big equalizer IMO. It makes all men about the same attractiveness, like 3.5-4.5PSL. It can make a 2PSL into 3.5 and make a 6PSL into 4.5. If you’re attractive from the nose down, you shouldn’t grow a beard. Stubble looks great though.

• +1

I might try this, the benefits of moustache/chin hair without the facial widening.

• +1
Reactions: oldcell and Deleted member 10987