big flaw in psl ratings and perceived attractiveness

dnrd

dnrd

Looks-pilled/NT-pilled
A problem I notice a lot with psl ratings is that having one extremely good feature and one extremely bad feature doesnt balance out and make you "average", however, having average features all around makes you average
some examples :
marko jaric, great jaw, awful eye area

this morph of ian somerhalder, great eye area, awful jaw

both have top tier features and would be considered around 4 psl if you rate objectively, but irl they would have no smv because they just look weird...
when you compare it to someone like chalamet with average jaw (including forward growth here not just front view) and average eye area he mogs them hardcore and has very high smv while being the same psl as the other two...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10177, gamma, bernanddrago and 2 others
Not the best example imo

But i completely agree wih you man

• +1
Reactions: bernanddrago
Not the best example imo
But i completely agree wih you man
yeah sorry, its hard to find photos to show what i mean, if youve got any better examples ill edit the post

I don't think people see it that way

I think most people would agree that if you have a shit jaw then you're fucked no matter how good everything else is

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13945 and Deleted member 12344
falios detract much more than halos give, the forum has already deduced this. Humans have an eye for harmony and one bad feature that ruins it will cause sex appeal to sharply drop

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
I think most people would agree that if you have a shit jaw then you're fucked no matter how good everything else is
dont turn this post into a jaw vs eye debate i beg

falios detract much more than halos give, the forum has already deduced this. Humans have an eye for harmony and one bad feature that ruins it will cause sex appeal to sharply drop
some of the forum might have deduced it but not the entire forum

• +1
Reactions: chadison
A problem I notice a lot with psl ratings is that having one extremely good feature and one extremely bad feature doesnt balance out and make you "average", however, having average features all around makes you average
some examples :
marko jaric, great jaw, awful eye area
View attachment 1164735
this morph of ian somerhalder, great eye area, awful jaw
View attachment 1164739
both have top tier features and would be considered around 4 psl if you rate objectively, but irl they would have no smv because they just look weird...
when you compare it to someone like chalamet with average jaw (including forward growth here not just front view) and average eye area he mogs them hardcore and has very high smv while being the same psl as the other two...
View attachment 1164745
remove status and other romantic film that halos him

remove status and other romantic film that halos him
hes not ugly, you can see that by looking at him, ofc status is a gigahalo, but i could easily see him with a gf in school

hes not ugly, you can see that by looking at him, ofc status is a gigahalo, but i could easily see him with a gf in school
he legit had small fram irl, he just know how to status max before celeb. U can see from hes side that he had bad maxilla, yeah probably he can still get gf without status but, girls dont persive him special as before if u remove hes status and make him unfamous

he legit had small fram irl, he just know how to status max before celeb. U can see from hes side that he had bad maxilla, yeah probably he can still get gf without status but, girls dont persive him special as before if u remove hes status and make him unfamous
yes im aware, thats kinda the point im making, he has an average jaw and average eye area but still looks good, the other two have top tier features but look bad, yet they would be the same psl

• +1
Reactions: weallburninhell
yup. Look at someone like pewdiepie, all around solid features with no big halos but also no failos. He objectively isnt high PSL but has good facial harmony and nothing that stands out so his SMV is pretty high, most people would find him handsome

• +1
Reactions: IKnowYourStats, LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 756 and 1 other person
yup. Look at someone like pewdiepie, all around solid features with no big halos but also no failos. He objectively isnt high PSL but has good facial harmony and nothing that stands out so his SMV is pretty high, most people would find him handsome
cloUder

the dud at the bottom has an above average jaw at the very least. also ian would be rated much higher in the morph.

Chalamet's jaw is not average, nor is his eye area, thus this is a poor example.

1622822061453-png.1164745

A better example would be this image of the average european face:

For good features to mean anything the rest of the face has to be average (at least)
Look at Alessandro Dellisola for example:

His other features are average and not distracting, so he can benefit fully from his eye halo.
God tier eyes, average everything else, good aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10367
Chalamet's jaw is not average, nor is his eye area, thus this is a poor example.

1622822061453-png.1164745

A better example would be this image of the average european face:

View attachment 1164784

For good features to mean anything the rest of the face has to be average (at least)
Look at Alessandro Dellisola for example:
View attachment 1164790

His other features are average and not distracting, so he can benefit fully from his eye halo.
God tier eyes, average everything else, good aesthetics.
chalamet has a pretty average eye area, assymetry, nct, bad pfl, weak infras, bad supra, but has good color, shape and brows/lashes

the dud at the bottom has an above average jaw at the very least. also ian would be rated much higher in the morph.
no he wouldnt lmfao, he is very ugly there

Psl is asthetic meter.. Most people here don't know it

• +1
Reactions: Lars
but irl they would have no smv because they just look weird...
No smv but still Jaric banged prime Adriana Lima

Also jfl at thinking Chalamet has average jaw

Shit thread ngl

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 10367 and zeke714
PSL is cope

chalamet has a pretty average eye area, assymetry, nct, bad pfl, weak infras, bad supra, but has good color, shape and brows/lashes
No, his only 'failos' are a slight nct and sub-optimal under eye support. His eye area is not average.

Psl is only for more likely to become model the only rating thats legit is are you goodlooking yes or no

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
No, his only 'failos' are a slight nct and sub-optimal under eye support. His eye area is not average.
ur saying he has a good eye area? lmfao

Shit thread ngl
can u not read, i said he has shit forward growth which is a big part of the jaw, i dont give af if its chisled, he is recessed

bc he has status, remove all of these guys status and they would be incels except chalamet

Shit thread ngl

• +1
Reactions: bernanddrago
PSL is useful for pointing out flaws.

Wanna see ur rating? Look at your match rate, how men and women treat u, etc etc

• +1
Cope only for niggers because they can get away with being ugly.
Show me all these ugly niggers getting with hot women

he has, he is literally recessed

people are just taken by surprise by shape of it so he's angular from the front

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
he has, he is literally recessed

people are just taken by surprise by shape of it so he's angular from the front
finally someone actually understands fuck me

You can get away with sclera show as pretty boy.
we are talking primarily objective looks tho, that was the point of my post

I guess psl just points out your flaws, while real life rating actually matters.
How youre treated in real life is the best guess to know if youre gl. But were all subconsiously wired to admire gl people.

• +1
I guess psl just points out your flaws, while real life rating actually matters.
How youre treated in real life is the best guess to know if youre gl. But were all subconsiously wired to admire gl people.
wait fr? theres no way people care about good looking people