] Bigonial Width - Key to facial attractiveness and harmony

Deleted member 14166

Deleted member 14166

Kraken
This isn't talked about enough here imo. Bigonial width is the distance between the two gonions (the edges of the mandible where it meets the ramus). It determines how wide the lower jaw looks from the front. If your bigonial width is a lot lower than your interzygomatic width (distance between the cheekbones), your lower jaw will look too narrow. Short ramus and tall chin can compensate for a low bgw to an extent, so can big masseter muscles.
High/decent bgw makes the jaw look more masculine, square and harmonious from the front (given decent ramus length, gonial angle and fWHR). Low bgw can make the face look top-heavy, especially if the chin is short, and unphotogenic from the front.
I'd say that bigonial width is more important than ramus length and gonial angle because it determines lower jaw width and can make or break a front profile. Who cares if your maxilla is forward-grown and your ramus long if your lower jaw looks subhuman from the front due to low bgw in relation to the interzygomatic width? In fact, a long ramus makes someone with low bgw look worse and the mandible appear even smaller/narrower due to inward-tilt of the ramus. The more vertical the ramus, the better, because it ensures decent bgw. A noticeably inward-tilted ramus is a sign of low bgw in relation to interzygomatic width.

Unfortunately, the only way to increase bgw (or give the appearance of higher bgw) is jaw implants. Growing a beard and making the masseters bigger can help to an extent but won't make the face look ideal from the front. Fillers can be used too but are quite expensive long-term and won't last long

• +1
Reactions: Ryan, Agendum, JosephGarrot123 and 1 other person
suifuel for people who dont have bigonal width above 90 % :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy:

Unfortunately, the only way to increase bgw (or give the appearance of higher bgw) is jaw implants
why that's an unfortunate occasion ? it's lifefuel

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
you typed up an essay to say jaw width matters

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, germanlooks, SteveRogers and 4 others
bigonial width is useless if you have inward gonions and a short chin :feelswah: you just end up looking like a bloated subhuman

• +1
Reactions: Ascensiontochad, Slob, germanlooks and 4 others
bigonial width is useless if you have inward gonions and a short chin :feelswah: you just end up looking like a bloated subhuman
oh yeah forgot abt that true :)(y)

• +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing
Can you post example of inward vs outward gonions?

• +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing
Can you post example of inward vs outward gonions?

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett, JosephGarrot123 and HQNPmaxxing
i have zygos and bigonial thats way wider than my forehead which makes me masculine but also gorilla tier. Also doesn't work when you have short face syndrome, when I bite down I literally look like a box muppet still better than a narrow face I guess. Just need procedures to make it work like a bimax/genio

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 756 and Deleted member 14166
Any osteotomies for width? I doubt it but maybe someone here has seen something like it.

Jaw width is an ethnic trait
It’s all about chin

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
Jaw width is an ethnic trait
It’s all about chin
not all the time in my opinion I've been watching qoves chin to philtrum can vary and be acceptable for a wide range but jaw width decides if you're attractive or not

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
not all the time in my opinion I've been watching qoves chin to philtrum can vary and be acceptable for a wide range but jaw width decides if you're attractive or not
bruh it’s not as simple as saying “wide jaw=attractive” jfl it’s way more nuanced than that

u prob just have a wide jaw so ur saying that to validate yourself

Any osteotomies for width? I doubt it but maybe someone here has seen something like it.
Yes, andreischev's legendary chin wing with bigonial widening is what u want. It looks like he performs a chin wing as normal but then cuts the front centre of the severed bone resulting in 2 symmetrical parts. This then allow allows him to flare out the gonians and is hence why you see an additional plate at the chin holding these 2 pieces

pics of x rays if ur too afraid to click.
Screenshot 20211006 043605 Samsung Internet

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Silver and Agendum
bruh it’s not as simple as saying “wide jaw=attractive” jfl it’s way more nuanced than that

u prob just have a wide jaw so ur saying that to validate yourself
bro im not if you see 89% of male models and actors have a wide ass jaw , its a dominant and attractive trait

Yes, andreischev's legendary chin wing with bigonial widening is what u want. It looks like he performs a chin wing as normal but then cuts the front centre of the severed bone resulting in 2 symmetrical parts. This then allow allows him to flare out the gonians and is hence why you see an additional plate at the chin holding these 2 pieces

View attachment 1355209

Looks like shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Wtf are inward gonions

View attachment 1355209

His cheeks looks swollen, is that from the surgery or just the new resting position of the soft tissues?

His cheeks looks swollen, is that from the surgery or just the new resting position of the soft tissues?
Swelling. This is latest pic of him, I just wanted to demonstrate the bigonial width change in x rays

Screenshot 20211007 224136 Instagram

• Woah
Reactions: WeAreBoundless and Agendum
Thanks, my face shape is pretty much the top one.

Looks really good when my face is lean/has no bloat otherwise it makes
my face look fat.

I’m guessing to get the bottom face shap I’d need narrower cheekbones or narrower upper-masseters (lower should obviously remain wide).

• +1
Reactions: Ascensiontochad