Black pill edition: female nature [part 2]

Spartacus1-

Spartacus1-

The world is yours
What is beautiful is good, really good.
It's commonly known that "looks matter", but have you asked yourself the question: How much do they matter? Especially in regards to the widely and heavily emphasized personality?
Let us take a look at some more professional studies who have pondered this same question.
In the year 2015, a study in Italy (subject: social psychology) researched the effects of attractiveness, status, and gender on the evaluation of personality.
quote:
  • Present research examines the combined effects of attractiveness, occupational status, and gender on the evaluation of others’ personality, according to the Big Five model.

I chose this particular study, because it's relatively recent and the first of it's kind. A myriad of older studies have already concluded that perceiving a person as good looking fosters positive expectations about personal characteristics (1).
  • The effects of attractiveness are strong and pervasive. As Langlois et al. (2000) underline in their meta-analysis, attractiveness is a noteworthy advantage for both children and adults in almost every domain. Based on the “what is beautiful is good” effect (Dion et al., 1972), several studies (Eagly, Ashmore, Makhijani, & Longo, 1991); Feingold, 1992; Langlois et al., 2000) demonstrated that this phenomenon functions as a stereotype, making the perceived link between appearance and personality larger than the actual link
In short, attractive people are perceived as having far better personalities even when that isn't the case.

Off-topic personal note:
It’s not that incels have bad personalities, they are perceived as such because of their looks. Now you’ll say that they possess misogynistic and violent attitudes but ask yourself, was this behavior preempted by the way they were treated, or did they grow towards it?

Now to the final closure of this particular study.
  • In general, results are in line with the ‘beauty is good’ effect (Dion et al., 1972), as people seem to believe that physical attractiveness implies positive personality traits, but the effects of attractiveness are different for men and women.
The results came in as predicted, with the exception that there were differences for men and women. Attractive men were perceived as more extroverted and open-minded than attractive women, creating an advantage for attractive men.
In other words, it’s better to be an attractive man than to be an attractive woman.
  • For Extraversion the effect of attractiveness is the same for women and men but is stronger for male targets. Attractiveness has a positive effect on Conscientiousness only for women whereas it increases Openness only for men.
  • Thus, overall the “beauty is a good effect” seems to be greater for men.
I will not go too deep in the status aspect because it was stated as rather controversial.
source for the cursive text: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4873083/

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, Vvvvxxxx, RecessedPrettyboy and 8 others
dn rd but gave react for effort 😍

• +1
Reactions: Britishlooksmaxxer
Dn rd

Attachments

• image0-4.jpg
    image0-4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 18
  • JFL
Reactions: Selinity, Deleted member 10569 and Lev Peshkov