calling career experts (london preferably)

coispet

coispet

Global Moderator
Staff
going to be studying law at uni as i want to become a criminal barrister

what steps do i need to take in order to guarantee either becoming an employed barrister at a corporate law firm (inshallah magic circle firms) or a self employed chamber criminal barrister

i want to do this for a couple of years to gain experience then open up my own solicitors/LLP and work my way up from there

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, N1666 and UndiagnosedSchizo
going to be studying law at uni as i want to become a criminal barrister

what steps do i need to take in order to guarantee either becoming an employed barrister at a corporate law firm (inshallah magic circle firms) or a self employed chamber criminal barrister

i want to do this for a couple of years to gain experience then open up my own solicitors/LLP and work my way up from there
barristers are a bad job honestly dude , why law?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and UndiagnosedSchizo
mogs me

• JFL
Reactions: UndiagnosedSchizo and coispet
barristers are a bad job honestly dude , why law?
every course i’ve ever considered is to help people, i want to be a service to victims of modern society and want to help in any sort of way

i tried to do medicine like my sister but wasn’t good enough and i’m not really a stem guy despite me doing bio chem and psych for my a levels, being a criminal barrister would set my moral compass straight and put some miles on my soul before it’s taken by the angel of death and i’m shown in front of Allah on judgement day

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879 and UndiagnosedSchizo
every course i’ve ever considered is to help people, i want to be a service to victims of modern society and want to help in any sort of way

i tried to do medicine like my sister but wasn’t good enough and i’m not really a stem guy despite me doing bio chem and psych for my a levels, being a criminal barrister would set my moral compass straight and put some miles on my soul before it’s taken by the angel of death and i’m shown in front of Allah on judgement day
so defending pedos, drug dealers and overall scum. Yes you may help some but its really a double edged sword dude.

• +1
Reactions: TheBrownOne and Deleted member 18879
so defending pedos, drug dealers and overall scum. Yes you may help some but its really a double edged sword dude.
as a self employed barrister i get to defend who i want

women that have been sexually assaulted
the wrongfully accused
traumatised children who go down wrong paths

it’s a double edged sword sometimes but if my intuition is correct then i won’t have a problem

as a self employed barrister i get to defend who i want

women that have been sexually assaulted
the wrongfully accused
traumatised children who go down wrong paths

it’s a double edged sword sometimes but if my intuition is correct then i won’t have a problem
then you won't make a penny(like literally nothing) then dude. You would need to build a reputation which would take 5+ years (of taking clients you don't want pedos , drug dealers etc)or be dirt cheap which leads back to the original problem I mentioned and people won't hire you from fear of being bad. Most of the people would be taking out loans to pay for your services which is haram right?Why don't you start a charity?

• +1
Reactions: TheBrownOne and coispet
then you won't make a penny(like literally nothing) then dude. You would need to build a reputation which would take 5+ years (of taking clients you don't want pedos , drug dealers etc)or be dirt cheap which leads back to the original problem I mentioned and people won't hire you from fear of being bad. Most of the people would be taking out loans to pay for your services which is haram right?Why don't you start a charity?
law has always been a dream of mine i just didn’t want to admit it because i thought if i did med like my sister i wouldn’t be in her shadow anymore and my parents would see me as her equal, but you are right brother i won’t make as much money compared to a solicitor working at clifford chance or osborne clark, either way money wont be a problem for me because the girl i intend on marrying soon is in the computer science field and her income would be higher than mine, i wanna do something i love and i’ll be happy doing ygm

• JFL
Reactions: TheBrownOne
law has always been a dream of mine i just didn’t want to admit it because i thought if i did med like my sister i wouldn’t be in her shadow anymore and my parents would see me as her equal, but you are right brother i won’t make as much money compared to a solicitor working at clifford chance or osborne clark, either way money wont be a problem for me because the girl i intend on marrying soon is in the computer science field and her income would be higher than mine, i wanna do something i love and i’ll be happy doing ygm
you do you brother just make sure its haram

• +1
Reactions: coispet
you do you brother just make sure its haram
thank you man appreciate your advice good to know there’s some good and educated greycels on this forum

• +1
Reactions: moggathon
Why not go into a much higher paying role such as a tax or business barrister ?

surely there are lawyers on looksmax :lul:

why don't u ask on some lawyer forums

become a prosecutor and arrest the mfs on this forum

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer