Chin drooping when you smile is such a looksmin (Droopychinpill)

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
otherwise known as Chin Ptosis

this is another reason that I recently discovered as to why my smile doesn't look great. and for those of you who have it, people in real life who see you in motion, talking, smiling and laughing will DEFINITELY notice this

if you have this, instead of your chin retaining its angularity as when you keep a neutral facial expression (if your chin is angular), or smile with a close mouth smile, it droops and really ruins the aesthetics of your lower third, especially from a side profile and 3/4ths view

see example:

0 1

0 3

0 4

0 5

As you can see it does not look aesthetic AT ALL

Interestingly, I know a guy in real life who has a smile which is completely the opposite of the above (at least with his head tilted slightly downwards and from a 3 4ths view) but his chin still looks insanely angular, and he looks great.
I have rarely seen anyone else with this tbh, even most male models and gl people dont have this but trust me when I say it looks very nice

but from the front it looks similar to this:

ignoring his teeth (which can be fixed relatively easily anyway), his lower third looks great - it is angular and quite aesthetic

Tbf I am unsure of what he looks like from a profile view with a full toothy smile so maybe his chin droops similar to the guy in the first example but I highly doubt this, because he looks INSANE from the angle that I described earlier (head tilted slightly downward and facing slightly away from the camera)

What I understand though from reading about this online is that such chin drooping is caused by:

- overactive mentalis muscle
- weak chin which does not have adequate bony support for the mentalis muscle
- excess soft tissue around the chin and mouth area
- removal of chin implant

also, it is known as "dynamic" chin ptosis when this occurs when you smile, and "static" when it is present in a neutral expression

treatment:

- botox :bluepill::bluepill: to treat overactive muscles
- resuspension of mentalis muscle surgically (apparently this can be done with a chin implant as well)
- and in cases of dynamic chin ptosis, tissue excision around the chin and mouth area is used more often it seems

interestingly enough, even gandy has this, although in the angle in the photo it doesn't seem as bad:

however, I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this - is this as much of a looksmin as it seems like to me or am I overthinking it?

also, what would be the best way to fix it?

I don't want to end up get the equivalent of a chin implant when I really needed genio, and would like to get the most blackpill :blackpill: fix possible.
And in this case lots of doctors seem to be recommending botox, or chin pad tissue removal, as is the case of eppley.

However, after doing a little digging it seems to be that those with Chin Ptosis also seem to have problems with their zygomatic muscles, which is why I am thinking they might have a root cause (maybe craniofacial dystrophy) and doing something like soft tissue removal from the chin area could be a bluepill solution and not addressing the underlying cause.

I could be wrong though, but am interested to hear your thoughts

further reading:

- Search on Google "Dynamic Chin Ptosis Realself" for more doctors talking about it and how they'd treat it

Note: Actually I remember talking to a surgeon about this, and he was saying that he might be able to change my muscle attachments during my Bimax + Genio, and said that everyone has it to SOME extent. Although I think this is a lot less than what the first guy or gandy have :what:

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 22126, Moggie and 8 others
Agree OP. I have such a fucking ugly smile
angry conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 3828

This is your typical Mandible. Of course it’s gonna look like that when you smile, look at the chin.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: callisto, ifyouwannabemylover, lilhorizontal32 and 1 other person
Chin implant or genioplasty + submental tuck will cure this in 99% of people.

Very few actually need a mentalis resuspension, which is a very dicey surgery with generally poor long term outcomes.

11-Figure12-1.png

This lady was given a chin implant + submental tuck by a NYC surgeon.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, AscendingHero, lilhorizontal32 and 1 other person
View attachment 1245432
This is your typical Mandible. Of course it’s gonna look like that when you smile, look at the chin.

No, not in most cases. The mentalis usually suspends the chin fat pad and soft tissues just above or over the pogonion.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32

Very few actually need a mentalis resuspension, which is a very dicey surgery with generally poor long term outcomes.

11-Figure12-1.png

looks better without a doubt, but I want to get an angular chin while smiling like this:

I know a guy irl who has a smile like this and he mogs hard socially despite having a pretty average to slightly above average personality

11-Figure12-1.png

where'd you get this knowledge regarding mentalis resuspension btw? seems like a very niche surgery so dont know where you are getting this information from

where'd you get this knowledge regarding mentalis resuspension btw? seems like a very niche surgery so dont know where you are getting this information from

What knowledge are you referring to exactly?

I have a degree of chin ptosis after having a chin implant placed/removed improperly.

I've spent the last 2 years researching it.

• +1

I have a degree of chin ptosis after having a chin implant placed/removed improperly.

knowledge regarding chin ptosis. afaik this is the only post on this forum talking about it

and whyd you have your chin implant removed?

knowledge regarding chin ptosis. afaik this is the only post on this forum talking about it

Yeah, I mean it's a very uncommon trait. Like you might have a degree of it naturally / genetically but in most cases, it's insignificant and not worth correcting.

• +1
and whyd you have your chin implant removed?

It was a basic silicone chin implant placed intraorally without fixation. In almost all cases these implants will migrate superiorly as mine did.

It had to come out.

The mentalis muscle wasn't reapproximated properly (sutured back to the correct height) which is incredibly hard to correct once it's done.

That plus the fact that the soft tissues and muscles around the chin were stretched from the implant, then having it removed is what left me with some degree of chin ptosis. (Lack of boney support + excess soft tissue).

Easily fixed with a PEEK implant revision + submental tuck, but you will literally not find a single surgeon here in Australia who's capable of doing it.

I could've opted for genioplasty, but again, here in Australia there are very few if any black pilled surgeons I was willing to trust with this - It's pretty disgusting.

i have this but my chin is projected

i have this but i dont know if its because of chin recession. I saw people who have shitty bone structure and the smile dont do that