Consuming & Investing yourself so much in what people think & how they perceive you

MakinItHappenReturn

MakinItHappenReturn

Fire burning inside
In the social media age it seems people are being hard wired, even men, to be on constant supervision as to how others perceive them. It's not just the Zoomer generation, but Millennials and even Gen X'ers too and while it is very difficult not to do in today's climate, I think becoming 'aware' of these antics is a big step towards not falling into the trap.

Yesterday I read one Zoomer on here tell me that he wouldn't go to the gym as a normie and develop a sick bod because it could come over as try-hard, given he did not look like a TikTok pretty boy or robust Chad. Honestly after reading that from a human male I almost gagged on my saliva.

Here's a few things to consider:

1. You are under no obligation to make sense to other people.

Stick your middle finger up at this mindset that you have developed for protection from scrutiny.

What you want to do in this life is entirely up to you. The perception that others have of you is not under your control and the moment you try to defend your version of existing, you are giving power and energy to the opinion of others. When we give power to things not under our control, we suffer. TO this end, the life you choose to lead should depend on no one’s opinion but your own.

‘Why is he doing that? Why doesn’t he do this? You should do this instead…’

All result from you paying mental time to an opinion that isn’t held by anyone relevant or important. You are stifling your own creativity by caring. SO why worry about it you bhenchod? The things you do in life do not need to make sense to other people and you do not need to defend yourself to strangers who are taking short cut approaches at best to suss you out.

2. Never let external circumstances steal your inner joy

Our experience of the world is entirely our interpretation of the world. Two people can go through the same thing and both come out with a different mentality. One person allows the ‘negatives’ (which are just interpretations) to get to him, to upset his inner self and then be in a bad mood all day.

The other person, despite seemingly ‘bad’ events happening in his life, sees the silver lining, is grateful for what he does have and decides to keep the inner flame of enjoyment alive no matter what.

The first person will become bitter and angry at the world, yet the second will enjoy his life regardless. It is our choice each day to live in a way that expresses joy no matter what is going on around you. You will find that when you act in this manner that joyful experiences begin to find you more often.

3. The actions of others has nothing to do with you

People react to their own interpretations, assumptions and emotions. An unhealed person will find reason for Anger in anything they look at. Is it that you’re being a bad person - no, it is because that person has a bone to pick and you are fulfilling the target for them to get angry at. If other people feel their ego threatened by what you are doing, they will project their insecurity outwards and try to tear you down.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, sub5inchcel, ALP and 29 others
Bookmarked for my sad days

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ALP, thecel, Indiana Evans and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: ALP, Indiana Evans, Schönling and 4 others
Imagine thinking looking gymcelled is try hard :lul:

Meanwhile

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ALP, Deleted member 14917, Stevensmithgerard and 6 others
Ezgifcom gif maker

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 2729
Lets be honest, if you are a turbomanlet or/and a subhuman you will look like a tryhard.

'Yesterday I read one Zoomer on here tell me that he wouldn't go to the gym as a normie and develop a sick bod because it could come over as try-hard, given he did not look like a TikTok pretty boy or robust Chad.'

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
Lets be honest, if you are a turbomanlet or/and a subhuman you will look like a tryhard.
If above 5'8 and 4/10 there's no reason to not gymcel

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn
Keep rotting greycel
You have 9x my time online and an anime avi and still have the audacity to tell me this :lul:

Keep telling yourself that all it takes to be happy is to be grateful for what you have and that you don't need people approval :bluepill: lmfao.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
'Yesterday I read one Zoomer on here tell me that he wouldn't go to the gym as a normie and develop a sick bod because it could come over as try-hard, given he did not look like a TikTok pretty boy or robust Chad.'
If above 5'8 and 4/10 there's no reason to not gymcel
Yeah that guy is retarded ngl, but still this thread is full of bluepilled bullshit.

You have 9x my time online and an anime avi and still have the audacity to tell me this :lul:

Keep telling yourself that all it takes to be happy is to be grateful for what you have and that you don't need people approval :bluepill: lmfao.

If you have a small inner circle of friends who approve of you, why would it then matter if random strangers approved of you? Tell me that.

Approval matters and nobody is disputing a social circle is critical to life, as others are what confirm for you your identity in this world, but you need no more than a group of friends for this. Not every random stranger that doesn't know you and is going off an entirely superficial perception of you.

You are not that important for them to stop and think of you as a try-hard because you dress fashionably and workout while only being 5'9 and every day looking. There are every day people all over the place doing every single thing they ultimately can to look good. Look around you. Do you call these 4-6/10 looking individuals 'cringe'?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and Preoximerianas
If you have a small inner circle of friends who approve of you, why would it then matter if random strangers approved of you? Tell me that.

Approval matters and nobody is disputing a social circle is critical to life, as others are what confirm for you your identity in this world, but you need no more than a group of friends for this. Not every random stranger that doesn't know you and is going off an entirely superficial perception of you.
Because I want everyone to have an immaculate perception of me, why would I care about my friends perceiving me as a bold charismatic guy if strangers in the street perceive me as a spineless dull guy?
Why would you care about your partner thinking you are the hottest guy on the world if the rest of girls wouldn't give you the time of day?

You are not that important for them to stop and think of you as a try-hard because you dress fashionably and workout while only being 5'9 and every day looking.
They will undoubtedly think of you as a tryhard if you are a legit manlet/unattractive.

• JFL
Reactions: Preoximerianas
Because I want everyone to have an immaculate perception of me, why would I care about my friends perceiving me as a bold charismatic guy if strangers in the street perceive me as a spineless dull guy?
Why would you care about your partner thinking you are the hottest guy on the world if the rest of girls wouldn't give you the time of day?

They will undoubtedly think of you as a tryhard if you are a legit manlet/unattractive.

You have developed narcissism < Your first paragraph in bold

In response to your second:

I didn't say manlet or unattractive. I said normie and 5'7+

Black Pill matters, but not to an extent whereby you must be Chad

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, Preoximerianas, volcelfatcel and 1 other person
aaf.png

And I wouldn't want it any other way, if you are not a neurotic narcissistic perfectionist you are being held back.

Watch these 2 minutes in this video from where I have stopped it from. You suffer from 'nice guy syndrome' and so to combat this you indulge in narcissism within your own little bubble.

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 6423 and 3 others
@volcelfatcel

Last edited:
@volcelfatcel this thread was inspired by you

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
Black Pill matters, but not to an extent whereby you must be Chad
Blackpill isn’t that Normies are doomed
Imo it’s all about what chad can do and the huge privilege he has

only blackpill extremists believe Normies are doomed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Deleted member 14264, Danish_Retard and 3 others

Black Pill extremists, like the ones on here who believe in the sub 8 rule?

Meaning 50% of the site? Lmao

• JFL
Reactions: TeenAscender and volcelfatcel

Our experience of the world is entirely our interpretation of the world. Two people can go through the same thing and both come out with a different mentality. One person allows the ‘negatives’ (which are just interpretations) to get to him, to upset his inner self and then be in a bad mood all day.

The other person, despite seemingly ‘bad’ events happening in his life, sees the silver lining, is grateful for what he does have and decides to keep the inner flame of enjoyment alive no matter what.

The first person will become bitter and angry at the world, yet the second will enjoy his life regardless. It is our choice each day to live in a way that expresses joy no matter what is going on around you. You will find that when you act in this manner that joyful experiences begin to find you more often.

I don't know if this was intentional but this is the main belief, or close to it, in stoicism which I've been trying to work on.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Danish_Retard and MakinItHappenReturn
I don't know if this was intentional but this is the main belief, or close to it, in stoicism which I've been trying to work on.

It's right

Look to your internal world bruv

Bro this might sound retarded but what that zoomer said about perception of gymcels is true.
I remember in highschool I was full gymceled. One day at school after an arm workout day my biceps where showing huge, and this low tier normie that always tried to shit on me comes up to me with his gang and says "I see you've been working out, trying to compensate for something?" And laughed with the rest of the fags :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy:
You literally cant self improve as a zoomer because just by doing that your status drops jfl. They see tiktok Chad on sarms and that's all that's acceptable

• So Sad
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard
Bro this might sound retarded but what that zoomer said about perception of gymcels is true.
I remember in highschool I was full gymceled. One day at school after an arm workout day my biceps where showing huge, and this low tier normie that always tried to shit on me comes up to me with his gang and says "I see you've been working out, trying to compensate for something?" And laughed with the rest of the fags :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy:
You literally cant self improve as a zoomer because just by doing that your status drops jfl. They see tiktok Chad on sarms and that's all that's acceptable

Yes it sounds retarded and yes you are retarded for caring about it.

Fuck your boring ass generation that have been programmed to act like stiffies unless they are Chad, including yourself.

Deprogramme yourself or continue living as a wanker in the matrix that is trying to fit into these spastic narratives faggots create by watching David Laid.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
female gynocentrism has taken a hit on zoomers

I think it's based, OP, that you're writing this stuff because it helps both yourself and others, and it's also high IQ shit that not everyone is able to do.

However, it's very easy to fall into the trap of feeling good after expressing your philosophy coherently and leaving it at that. The best thing you can do for yourself is delete your account and apply the fact that you are more coherent and more based than the majority of the population to your real life. I have been trying to do this for months now.

The best thing that any human can do for themselves by far with no exception is remove themselves from easy sources of dopamine like online forums. It's one of the hardest things a modern human can do, which coincides with it being the most beneficial.

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn
I think it's based, OP, that you're writing this stuff because it helps both yourself and others, and it's also high IQ shit that not everyone is able to do.

However, it's very easy to fall into the trap of feeling good after expressing your philosophy coherently and leaving it at that. The best thing you can do for yourself is delete your account and apply the fact that you are more coherent and more based than the majority of the population to your real life. I have been trying to do this for months now.

The best thing that any human can do for themselves by far with no exception is remove themselves from easy sources of dopamine like online forums. It's one of the hardest things a modern human can do, which coincides with it being the most beneficial.

Exceptionally well-put and agree.

I am limiting my access. I had previously deleted my account but came back because Lookism.Net shut-down. Lookism was far better. More maturity and less nihilistic Zoomers. It's a shame but I have to accept it's gone and to move on. I will delete my account here again post Christmas for definite. It drives me up-the-wall not being on the same wavelength as people I converse with. They don't seek to understand, but rather to be 'liked' by other users. It's approval they seek because many of them lack it irl So the nutcases all post for effect and 'reacts' can you believe? Lmao. Insane. All following their black pill death cult narrative and wanking over it, cohesively.

All the best to yourself as well man.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Danish_Retard

Most beta mindset I've ever heard.

"Wah I can't improve because I get called out for improving."

I'm not even some redpill Improverbro or anything but come tf on. It's human nature to keep other people down, especially with guys. In college I gymcelled the summer before my senior year and the following semester I slayed 19-20 years olds at FUCKING 22 YEARS OLD and would be called a creep because of it. Oh man the Zoomer mindset sure dooms me!? If you ever get to this point, I guaran-fucking-tee you'll whine that "Muh I can't slay hot girls without being made fun of".

Of course zoomers are gonna shit on you for gymcelling. They will shit on you for doing anything that makes you REMOTELY better than you were before. Letting that get to you is pussy as shit.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, thegoat, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
How do you practically adopt/internalize this mindset?

How do you practically adopt/internalize this mindset?

Good question. I may do a thread on it right now. Rewiring your habits.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16424
aaf.png

And I wouldn't want it any other way, if you are not a neurotic narcissistic perfectionist you are being held back.

Because narcisissm is retarded and low. Post industrial society is so large and so full of resources that you are going to be outdone in every aspect of your existence in every way regularly. This is a fact of life and it's inescapable, so being a narcissist is going to nothing but give you existential dread and worry constantly. Acting like you can get to a point you are not consistently getting mogged is as idiotic as acting like you can fly, because even if you reach the top 1% of humanity you're still gonna tortured by narcy dread because you'll be hanging out with the top 1% and above, and you'll be getting mogged by the top .05%, and that will get to you.

You cannot cure an inferiority complex in the modern day, it's impossible, simply impossible. Narcissism is just constant torment til the day you die.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Vvvvxxxx, Deleted member 14264 and 4 others
Most beta mindset I've ever heard.

"Wah I can't improve because I get called out for improving."

I'm not even some redpill Improverbro or anything but come tf on. It's human nature to keep other people down, especially with guys. In college I gymcelled the summer before my senior year and the following semester I slayed 19-20 years olds at FUCKING 22 YEARS OLD and would be called a creep because of it. Oh man the Zoomer mindset sure dooms me!? If you ever get to this point, I guaran-fucking-tee you'll whine that "Muh I can't slay hot girls without being made fun of".

Of course zoomers are gonna shit on you for gymcelling. They will shit on you for doing anything that makes you REMOTELY better than you were before. Letting that get to you is pussy as shit.
I agree, I'm not saying they stopped me from gymceling. It was the lockdowns that stopped my gains, but this can definitely have a ln effect on the wider more impressionable population of zoomer boys.
Also jfl I thought gym was a meme, who did you manage to slay after that summer? Do you have good looks or used roids?

I agree, I'm not saying they stopped me from gymceling. It was the lockdowns that stopped my gains, but this can definitely have a ln effect on the wider more impressionable population of zoomer boys.
Also jfl I thought gym was a meme, who did you manage to slay after that summer? Do you have good looks or used roids?

I used roids lmao but not much. 450mg of test a week, and I started fucking about 6 weeks in at around 160lbs. I probably had decent looks before. The main thing was i went from super-skinny to reasonable built which changed things.

I'm not quite sure of my looks level, but I can safely say that I'm not at the level where I could slay the way I did off looks alone. Most of the women were 5+ psl and approached me. Before gymcel I would get approached but not as often, the girls would be less attractive, and it would rarely lead to sex.

Gymcelling is not at all a meme though either way. A friend of mind gymcelled hard as a natty through the pandemic. He went in incel, and when he came out he got a gf basically as soon as he became noticeably buff. The idea that zoomer girls don't care about muscles, or that gymcelling is cope is utter nonsense. I'm a zoomer and I know this from experience. Hit the gym NOW.

• Woah
I used roids lmao but not much. 450mg of test a week, and I started fucking about 6 weeks in at around 160lbs. I probably had decent looks before. The main thing was i went from super-skinny to reasonable built which changed things.

I'm not quite sure of my looks level, but I can safely say that I'm not at the level where I could slay the way I did off looks alone. Most of the women were 5+ psl and approached me. Before gymcel I would get approached but not as often, the girls would be less attractive, and it would rarely lead to sex.

Gymcelling is not at all a meme though either way. A friend of mind gymcelled hard as a natty through the pandemic. He went in incel, and when he came out he got a gf basically as soon as he became noticeably buff. The idea that zoomer girls don't care about muscles, or that gymcelling is cope is utter nonsense. I'm a zoomer and I know this from experience. Hit the gym NOW.
BARUTAL!!!
The lockdowns really fucked my gains up especially since my cucked city treats it like the black plague is going around so they closed gyms forever.
before shit closed I had 2 years of gains built up from the gym, now the lockdowns made me rott and lose them for 2 years :feelswhy:
I could have been so robust and huge if I kept gyming :feelswah:

BARUTAL!!!
The lockdowns really fucked my gains up especially since my cucked city treats it like the black plague is going around so they closed gyms forever.
before shit closed I had 2 years of gains built up from the gym, now the lockdowns made me rott and lose them for 2 years :feelswhy:
I could have been so robust and huge if I kept gyming :feelswah:
Take steroids

• Love it

Needing other people's approval to be happy is very weak. Just because a person doen't need the approval of others doesn't mean they're satisfied with what they've got either.

• +1
Sucks that you're gonna leave OP. Your posts are rational and making me doubt some of the blackpill mantras here. Who knows, maybe you can inspire a few overly-nihilistic copers into leaving the basement

In the social media age it seems people are being hard wired, even men, to be on constant supervision as to how others perceive them. It's not just the Zoomer generation, but Millennials and even Gen X'ers too and while it is very difficult not to do in today's climate, I think becoming 'aware' of these antics is a big step towards not falling into the trap.

Yesterday I read one Zoomer on here tell me that he wouldn't go to the gym as a normie and develop a sick bod because it could come over as try-hard, given he did not look like a TikTok pretty boy or robust Chad. Honestly after reading that from a human male I almost gagged on my saliva.

Here's a few things to consider:

1. You are under no obligation to make sense to other people.

Stick your middle finger up at this mindset that you have developed for protection from scrutiny.

What you want to do in this life is entirely up to you. The perception that others have of you is not under your control and the moment you try to defend your version of existing, you are giving power and energy to the opinion of others. When we give power to things not under our control, we suffer. TO this end, the life you choose to lead should depend on no one’s opinion but your own.

‘Why is he doing that? Why doesn’t he do this? You should do this instead…’

All result from you paying mental time to an opinion that isn’t held by anyone relevant or important. You are stifling your own creativity by caring. SO why worry about it you bhenchod? The things you do in life do not need to make sense to other people and you do not need to defend yourself to strangers who are taking short cut approaches at best to suss you out.

3. The actions of others has nothing to do with you

People react to their own interpretations, assumptions and emotions. An unhealed person will find reason for Anger in anything they look at. Is it that you’re being a bad person - no, it is because that person has a bone to pick and you are fulfilling the target for them to get angry at. If other people feel their ego threatened by what you are doing, they will project their insecurity outwards and try to tear you down.
The only based user here. We think alike, I agree with a lot of your whitepill points.
Probably an age thing we are mentally more mature than users here

are u normie?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
wow a new father figure

• +1
Reactions: frendly
how do u avoid thoughts of roping?

You don’t.