Could a combination of upper jaw advancement and rotation shorten the philtrum, make lips more defined and raise nasal base?

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
Is this a possibility? My bite is fine, but my upper lip covers my upper teeth at rest, ie no tooth show. The corners of my upper lip arent visible, so it appears narrower horizontally in comparison to the bottom lip. Could a combination of advancement and rotation of the upper jaw stretch the skin and provide support to it in such a way that the upper lip becomes defined, and philtrum shorter? Could this procedure provide support to the nasal base such that it stops drooping downwards, thereby fixing an upturned nose through raising the alar base as opposed to rotation of the nasal tip?

Any examples?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988 and DivineBeing
still coping with bimax meme when its all aobut beard and having homeless arab refugee looks @sytyl
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
still coping with bimax meme when its all aobut beard and having homeless arab refugee looks @sytyl
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
I'm paler than most people. I couldn't pass as Arab and take European benefits even if I tried.

Is this a possibility? My bite is fine, but my upper lip covers my upper teeth at rest, ie no tooth show. The corners of my upper lip arent visible, so it appears narrower horizontally in comparison to the bottom lip. Could a combination of advancement and rotation of the upper jaw stretch the skin and provide support to it in such a way that the upper lip becomes defined, and philtrum shorter? Could this procedure provide support to the nasal base such that it stops drooping downwards, thereby fixing an upturned nose through raising the alar base as opposed to rotation of the nasal tip?

Any examples?
CCW rotation of CW rotation? All Lefort advancements will make the nasal tip slightly more upturned.

CCW rotation of CW rotation? All Lefort advancements will make the nasal tip slightly more upturned.
My problem is my nasal tip already appears upturned, aka there is nostril show. But I don't think this is because of my tip being upturned, but rather because my skin quality is bad, skin is loose, and I think that my nasal base droops, and that's why it appears to be upturned. So I'm wondering of advancement or rotation of any sort could provide some sort of support, so that the nostrils would stop sagging, and my nose wouldn't appear upturned anymore because the nasal base and alae have been lifted up.

My problem is my nasal tip already appears upturned, aka there is nostril show. But I don't think this is because of my tip being upturned, but rather because my skin quality is bad, skin is loose, and I think that my nasal base droops, and that's why it appears to be upturned. So I'm wondering of advancement or rotation of any sort could provide some sort of support, so that the nostrils would stop sagging, and my nose wouldn't appear upturned anymore because the nasal base and alae have been lifted up.
I'm not an expert on this subject but I don't think bimax rotation can adequately address an upturned nose. You need a rhinoplasty for that. The nasal base on the other hand it can move.

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure
I'm not an expert on this subject but I don't think bimax rotation can adequately address an upturned nose. You need a rhinoplasty for that. The nasal base on the other hand it can move.
I haven't been able to find any examples of bringing up the nasal base. How do you know about this?

I haven't been able to find any examples of bringing up the nasal base. How do you know about this?
I meant the nasal base can be brought forward. I've seen pictures of before and after photos.