DAE feel like the rewards of life aren't worth the effort?

D

Deleted member 15343

‏‏‎ ‎low iq philosopher
I just can’t think of anything worth getting out of bed for. When I do think of something, there’s always too many steps necessary to get to that thing that I would rather just roll over and go back to sleep.
I’m just tired of life. I’m not having fun. It’s lonely, boring, expensive and pointless. I can’t see any future where I don’t feel like

coming up to my 30th and i guess i'm feeling a bit philosophical. i'm a rational person, never diagnosed with any mental illness. the truth is that i've felt this way for many years now; that all the effort it takes to get up in the morning and go to work, just to make enough money to wake up tomorrow, so that i can do the same, just isn't worth it. sure, i make enough so i can take the odd holiday, do some hobbies, but i'm still at work 50 hours a week. it's not even that i need to change jobs, getting out of bed is hassle enough. i've climbed mountains, dived tropical seas, trekked through jungle, yet i still am not enjoying life. to be honest i would just like to switch it all off now. the only thing that's stopping me is that i know how badly it could impact on my family, especially my sister and mum. as time goes on though, i start to question just how long i can keep living, feeling like this, for their sake. am i alone?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Constantin Denis, delta7 and 2 others
your dopamine receptors are fucked

look into ways to delay gratification, meditate and try to really minimize use of electronics in general. find a hobby and do sports.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, TrestIsBest, Melo95 and 2 others
exact same feeling. im just 18 and i feel so old and tired.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Melo95 and Deleted member 15343
your dopamine receptors are fucked

look into ways to delay gratification, meditate and try to really minimize use of electronics in general. find a hobby and do sports.
Delay gratification for what greater goal? also I think the dopamine detox was debunked as a fad or smth not entirely sure

• +1
Reactions: CtrlAltDelete
I just can’t think of anything worth getting out of bed for. When I do think of something, there’s always too many steps necessary to get to that thing that I would rather just roll over and go back to sleep.
I’m just tired of life. I’m not having fun. It’s lonely, boring, expensive and pointless. I can’t see any future where I don’t feel like

coming up to my 30th and i guess i'm feeling a bit philosophical. i'm a rational person, never diagnosed with any mental illness. the truth is that i've felt this way for many years now; that all the effort it takes to get up in the morning and go to work, just to make enough money to wake up tomorrow, so that i can do the same, just isn't worth it. sure, i make enough so i can take the odd holiday, do some hobbies, but i'm still at work 50 hours a week. it's not even that i need to change jobs, getting out of bed is hassle enough. i've climbed mountains, dived tropical seas, trekked through jungle, yet i still am not enjoying life. to be honest i would just like to switch it all off now. the only thing that's stopping me is that i know how badly it could impact on my family, especially my sister and mum. as time goes on though, i start to question just how long i can keep living, feeling like this, for their sake. am i alone?
have a role model or someone you admire. once you have that you can do anything

• JFL
Reactions: OGJBSLAYER and Deleted member 15343
Delay gratification for what greater goal? also I think the dopamine detox was debunked as a fad or smth not entirely sure
dopamine detox is retarded

long-term dopamine detoxing isn't bs though...... spending so much time on your phone is something that humans have never done before. being exposed to information at such a rapid rate (think scrolling on instagram)

delay gratification in every possible way. the greater goal being your happiness of course.

if you're gonna think: what's the point? that's up to you - personally i think there's definitely something but it'll only be in sight with time. at times it's too early to know what you're living for, but then six months later you realize holy shit it's a good thing i actually didn't do anything to hurt myself because now i'm feeling happy. know what i mean?

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Constantin Denis, Biiyo03 and 1 other person
dopamine detox is retarded

long-term dopamine detoxing isn't bs though...... spending so much time on your phone is something that humans have never done before. being exposed to information at such a rapid rate (think scrolling on instagram)

delay gratification in every possible way. the greater goal being your happiness of course.

if you're gonna think: what's the point? that's up to you - personally i think there's definitely something but it'll only be in sight with time. at times it's too early to know what you're living for, but then six months later you realize holy shit it's a good thing i actually didn't do anything to hurt myself because now i'm feeling happy. know what i mean?
very well put (y)

• +1
Reactions: CtrlAltDelete
have a role model or someone you admire. once you have that you can do anything
normies role models: celebrities
I have no idea who I would really consider as role model, many have some redeeming characteristics but more like antiheroes
Then what though? Try to live through another's lens?

normies role models: celebrities
I have no idea who I would really consider as role model, many have some redeeming characteristics but more like antiheroes
Then what though? Try to live through another's lens?
he inspires you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15343
Thanks for the Looksmaxing advice. How often are you having sex?

there's clearly something about your body that's making you feel like this. So yea it's a mental thing. Even I, without friends or any attention from girls, don't feel like this. I still enjoy the fuck out of life everyday.