Design session with Eppley

I agree that you don’t need the jaw implant to add vertical length very much, if at all. Most of the aesthetic benefit in the jaw for you would come from adding horizontal width.
you clearly underestimate the effect of vertical length of the ramus from the front. Look cavill , depp, etc. vertical lenght is everything. now look ryan gosling. its not the width so much, its the vertical length. depp doesnt have so much of width, yet it looks amazing because he has a lot of vertical height.

hilarious thread

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
Hello Looksmax community.

I am going to undergo a jaw wraparound and custom cheek implant with Dr.Eppley on June 11th. Today was my first design consult with Eppley and I have another chat with him on Monday. So basically I have 3 design sessions, however he doesn't count them until he sends in a design to the manufacturer, which he said he would not as he thought that I should do some more research as to what he calls the ogge curve cheeks as well as studying the jaw angle in which I want to go with over the weekend. He gave me this proposed design change today. View attachment 397542

So im going after a pretty specific result. I dont have a recessed jaw nor do I have nonexistent cheekbones. Mainly want the cheeks to appear more prominent and balance out the eye area. He said that these implants don't really make your jaw square. To be honest, it was a lot of stuff that I didn't understand as im not familiar with plastic terminology nor have I had an operation like this one. One of the models I showed him had a squared jaw that was vertically low. He said II should be aiming for something highly elevated. I'm having another chat with him on Monday. But this is the jaw and cheeks that i'm trying to achieve. View attachment 397489View attachment 397491

Forward projection and sharpness are key. Here is what I currently look like.

View attachment 397521View attachment 397523View attachment 397524View attachment 397526View attachment 397527

My aim is more pronounced mandibular angles as well as forward projection. Basically, im trying to get as close to those first models as possible. Eppley seemed to be somewhat cautious and honest as far as desired result as there is an aesthetic risk if the jaw is angled too low. Something about the tissue not fully coming over the implant. But considering that I only have probably a few chances to revise things, are the projections given to me by the scanning going to be enough to get a similar jaw to the two examples above or should I ask for more outward projection in the chin and wider projection in the mandibular? Or is that a result that is not going to be realistic with this surgery? Any advice is appreciated as I am really trying to wrap my head around this and need to know what to ask for when going for these results before Monday
basically what it should have done is bimax

• +1
Reactions: its_over
Hello Looksmax community.

I am going to undergo a jaw wraparound and custom cheek implant with Dr.Eppley on June 11th. Today was my first design consult with Eppley and I have another chat with him on Monday. So basically I have 3 design sessions, however he doesn't count them until he sends in a design to the manufacturer, which he said he would not as he thought that I should do some more research as to what he calls the ogge curve cheeks as well as studying the jaw angle in which I want to go with over the weekend. He gave me this proposed design change today. View attachment 397542

So im going after a pretty specific result. I dont have a recessed jaw nor do I have nonexistent cheekbones. Mainly want the cheeks to appear more prominent and balance out the eye area. He said that these implants don't really make your jaw square. To be honest, it was a lot of stuff that I didn't understand as im not familiar with plastic terminology nor have I had an operation like this one. One of the models I showed him had a squared jaw that was vertically low. He said II should be aiming for something highly elevated. I'm having another chat with him on Monday. But this is the jaw and cheeks that i'm trying to achieve. View attachment 397489View attachment 397491

Forward projection and sharpness are key. Here is what I currently look like.

View attachment 397521View attachment 397523View attachment 397524View attachment 397526View attachment 397527

My aim is more pronounced mandibular angles as well as forward projection. Basically, im trying to get as close to those first models as possible. Eppley seemed to be somewhat cautious and honest as far as desired result as there is an aesthetic risk if the jaw is angled too low. Something about the tissue not fully coming over the implant. But considering that I only have probably a few chances to revise things, are the projections given to me by the scanning going to be enough to get a similar jaw to the two examples above or should I ask for more outward projection in the chin and wider projection in the mandibular? Or is that a result that is not going to be realistic with this surgery? Any advice is appreciated as I am really trying to wrap my head around this and need to know what to ask for when going for these results before Monday
@highT

• +1
Reactions: highT