Design session with Eppley

I saw like only 3 good chin wing results

They only go wrong if the patient asks for too much projection. Otherwise they look 100% natural, something implants never achieve imo.

They only go wrong if the patient asks for too much projection. Otherwise they look 100% natural, something implants never achieve imo.
Bro I am not saying they dont look natural, or get botched.

I am saying most guys after results look like 0.0045 PSL boost

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614 and Deleted member 4430

vs implant:

• +1
Reactions: ascentium

vs implant:

why doesnt the chin wing give a sharp jawline? theres not so many before and afters so im not sure but theoretically it should be sharper right? doesnt look so in the b and as ive seen.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614 and to_stop_da_cope

In my opinion the implant is high risk high reward. I'm not impressed by "natural" improvement which is just a euphemism for slight improvement.

An implant if done right should provide much more improvement simply because all parameters can be adjusted. It's just that with all that freedom you can get tempted to overdo it and look like a freak.

why doesnt the chin wing give a sharp jawline? theres not so many before and afters so im not sure but theoretically it should be sharper right? doesnt look so in the b and as ive seen.

Sharp jawline requires significant tightening of the lower third skin with lots of chin and gonial projection and wider mandible along with thin skin. A chin wing can only broaden the chin projection (better avoiding the narrowing of the chin that naturally occurs via sliding genio) but do nothing for the gonial projection nor widen the mandible uniformly throughout. There's also a step off to consider which would ruin the streamlined look of the jawline if it was defined.

There's a reason why all the sliding genio and chin wing b/a pics are profile view. Because frontal view change is underwhelming.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pagan45, Wallenberg, ascentium and 1 other person
Sharp jawline requires significant tightening of the lower third skin with lots of chin and gonial projection and wider mandible along with thin skin. A chin wing can only broaden the chin projection (better avoiding the narrowing of the chin that naturally occurs via sliding genio) but do nothing for the gonial projection nor widen the mandible uniformly throughout. There's also a step off to consider which would ruin the streamlined look of the jawline if it was defined.

There's a reason why all the sliding genio and chin wing b/a pics are profile view. Because frontal view change is underwhelming.

when i spoke with andreischev he said hed be able to widen bigonial distance with chin wing.

brutal lefort fail Kek

not by them but if your maxilla is shitted its over buddy boy

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
when i spoke with andreischev he said hed be able to widen bigonial distance with chin wing.

That's definitely not a chin wing if the bone is cut all the way to the gonion. But if it works, go for it.

That's definitely not a chin wing if the bone is cut all the way to the gonion. But if it works, go for it.
What?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 9.06.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 9.06.22 PM.png
    455 KB · Views: 145
Chin wing is cope, it will not give you a significant PSL boost. If you want even close to the result of a custom jaw implant you're going to need multiple (2-3) chin-wings from a skilled doctor not one in a 3rd world country who replies on Instagram DM's JFL

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, randomvanish and Deleted member 4430
Chin wing is cope, it will not give you a significant PSL boost. If you want even close to the result of a custom jaw implant you're going to need multiple (2-3) chin-wings from a skilled doctor not one in a 3rd world country who replies on Instagram DM's JFL
this sub is full of contradicting advice :feelsuhh:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614, Warlow, Deleted member 4887 and 1 other person
Because most people here are mental masturbating incels who have never gotten surgery and think they're experts when they're 16 years old. Lookism had better advice.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, .👽., randomvanish and 4 others
Because most people here are mental masturbating incels who have never gotten surgery and think they're experts when they're 16 years old. Lookism had better advice.
what procedure/doctor would you recommend for jaw/chin augmentation. specifically bigonial width augmentation and chin projection.

what procedure/doctor would you recommend for jaw/chin augmentation. specifically bigonial width augmentation and chin projection.
Well, it depends on your starting point and your goals. Are you recessed from a profile view? If so you probably need a bimax + genioplasty. How much width are you looking for? A slight improvement to your current face, or an angular jawline? If you want the slight improvement, a chin wing can do this by widening the gonials a bit and also giving chin projection. It's not going to give you a lot of angularity, where's a custom jaw implant is more likely to.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and crazyfishy

The pic deus maximum showed is what is traditionally known as a chin wing. It's just a wider genio. What you posted is a modified version and seems to be less common. If the b/a results look good to you, go for it.

Hope you are recovering well. I was considering the cheek/zygos implant w/ epply so wondering how it went for you.

Hope you are recovering well. I was considering the cheek/zygos implant w/ epply so wondering how it went for you.

Hope you have your asshole lubed because he raised his prices to exploitative levels.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and ascentium
Hope you have your asshole lubed because he raised his prices to exploitative levels.

are there any alternatives besides Dr.Y? Even if outside of the states?

are there any alternatives besides Dr.Y? Even if outside of the states?

Not that I'm aware of. And his prices now match Y. There are some other lesser known PS who do custom in the US but I wouldn't trust them since I think trial and error is the only way these guys can master what's good and bad when designing the implant.

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia and ascentium
The reason implants look bloated is because they are designed thicker than bone, especially at the bottom curve of the jaw which joins into the neck.

If a Chin Wing doesn't look sharp, its because the mouth is not forward set enough to stretch the skin fully, that or bloat. A jaw implant would look bloated even on a fully forward grown anteface tho, cus the actually design is thicker than natural grown bone.

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope and ascentium
Dr.Brusco also replies on insta dms, and he is a well know international surgeon in switzerland. Btw dr.A was trained by dr.triaca, which is the founder of chin wing.

The reason implants look bloated is because they are designed thicker than bone, especially at the bottom curve of the jaw which joins into the neck.

If a Chin Wing doesn't look sharp, its because the mouth is not forward set enough to stretch the skin fully, that or bloat. A jaw implant would look bloated even on a fully forward grown anteface tho, cus the actually design is thicker than natural grown bone.
Can't implants also be designed to provide angularity?

• +1
Reactions: WillVisitGandy

Depends on your skin.

It'll be more round if you have a thick skin.
It'll be more angular if you have a thin skin.

No because a natural jaw grows wide, and has a wider gap from the underside than a narrow jaw does. Adding an implant to a narrow jaw doesn't widen this gap, only Chin Wing can do that.

dc0938ea2ad80deb0cbd999f1b5b5b63.png

Distance between the purple and red lines, is gonna be the jaw underside thickness. Natural jaws are thin, so they look sharp and non-bloated - provided they have enough mass and forward growth to stretch the skin.

9a06f531a36a8ad881f5ff2b503c3667.png

See how the implant design has no choice but to thicken the jaw? Because it lays on top of the jaw, whereas Chin Wing maintains the same underside thickness as you naturally had, but positions the jaw sides further from each other, which is exactly how a naturally wide jaw would grow.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, to_stop_da_cope, Warlow and 4 others

No procedure by itself, whether chin wing or implants, will give a "sharp" appearance. If you have a lean and angular face before the procedure, it will look even more lean and angular afterwards. If you have a soft or bloated look before the procedure, you'll look even more bloated afterwards. "Sharpness' is more dependent on body fat and just the way your soft tissue is attached. Most people do not have naturally angular faces, so I would say it's not a reasonable expectation.

No procedure by itself, whether chin wing or implants, will give a "sharp" appearance. If you have a lean and angular face before the procedure, it will look even more lean and angular afterwards. If you have a soft or bloated look before the procedure, you'll look even more bloated afterwards. "Sharpness' is more dependent on body fat and just the way your soft tissue is attached. Most people do not have naturally angular faces, so I would say it's not a reasonable expectation.

Chin Wing will improve angularity from stretching the skin due to larger jaw size, but not significantly.

The biggest sharpening happens in bimax, because that surgery is when the jaw grows in size the most without using implants.

Chin Wing will improve angularity from stretching the skin due to larger jaw size, but not significantly.

The biggest sharpening happens in bimax, because that surgery is when the jaw grows in size the most without using implants.

Only somewhat true... I had a Lefort I and that did not improve angularity at all. Losing bodyfat helped the most. Stretching of the skin with surgeries is only minor, and helps more with loose neck skin.

Only somewhat true... I had a Lefort I and that did not improve angularity at all. Losing bodyfat helped the most. Stretching of the skin with surgeries is only minor, and helps more with loose neck skin.

awesome, could you PM me before/afters? Its rare to find guys who had it done. Your pics will remain 100% private

Is the swelling down yet?

Probably roped. I'll be joining him soon enough.

Actually tbh, his implant design looks similar to this one from yaremchuk and this guy took 7 months before he posted a before/after which I think looks very good.

Last edited:
Is the swelling down yet?
I’m really trying to learn from this shit. I’m too high inhib when it comes to surgeries like Bimax and Genio tbh, so I was in the same mindset as OP’s: just get implants from the great Dr. Eppley how convenient. Idk something about getting my skull broken into pieces with surgeries like bimax sounds unsettling to me, but I guess I’ll have to man up and get it done before implants tbh, I actually don’t know if I need Osteotomies since I cannot confirm if I’m actually recessed but I bet I do need them ngl. I will probably send u pics of my subhuman face @DatGuyYouLike if u don’t mind giving an analysis. When it comes to his cheek implants what is the difference between his and that other guy who got a very good result?. @OP it would be great if you share with us new update pics to see where u at.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
I’m really trying to learn from this shit. I’m too high inhib when it comes to surgeries like Bimax and Genio tbh, so I was in the same mindset as OP’s: just get implants from the great Dr. Eppley how convenient. Idk something about getting my skull broken into pieces with surgeries like bimax sounds unsettling to me, but I guess I’ll have to man up and get it done before implants tbh, I actually don’t know if I need Osteotomies since I cannot confirm if I’m actually recessed but I bet I do need them ngl. I will probably send u pics of my subhuman face @DatGuyYouLike if u don’t mind giving an analysis. When it comes to his cheek implants what is the difference between his and that other guy who got a very good result?. @OP it would be great if you share with us new update pics to see where u at.

PM me anytime bro.

The difference between Saiyan and rfromm's implants is that they had slightly different designed implant shapes. We dont know yet if rfromm will achieve a better, worse or equal result to Saiyan, since every pic posted has had moderate-major cheek swelling.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, to_stop_da_cope, ascentium and 1 other person
PM me anytime bro.

The difference between Saiyan and rfromm's implants is that they had slightly different designed implant shapes. We dont know yet if rfromm will achieve a better, worse or equal result to Saiyan, since every pic posted has had moderate-major cheek swelling.
I literally have that Saiyan guy’s zygos, will send u pics after my cut. But is it the fact that the implants were placed more upwards

I literally have that Saiyan guy’s zygos, will send u pics after my cut. But is it the fact that the implants were placed more upwards

Yeah thats a big part of it, rfromm seem's to have no angle change on his implant design, just brought forward.

• +1
Reactions: Greecgawd
Hello Looksmax community.

I am going to undergo a jaw wraparound and custom cheek implant with Dr.Eppley on June 11th. Today was my first design consult with Eppley and I have another chat with him on Monday. So basically I have 3 design sessions, however he doesn't count them until he sends in a design to the manufacturer, which he said he would not as he thought that I should do some more research as to what he calls the ogge curve cheeks as well as studying the jaw angle in which I want to go with over the weekend. He gave me this proposed design change today. View attachment 397542

So im going after a pretty specific result. I dont have a recessed jaw nor do I have nonexistent cheekbones. Mainly want the cheeks to appear more prominent and balance out the eye area. He said that these implants don't really make your jaw square. To be honest, it was a lot of stuff that I didn't understand as im not familiar with plastic terminology nor have I had an operation like this one. One of the models I showed him had a squared jaw that was vertically low. He said II should be aiming for something highly elevated. I'm having another chat with him on Monday. But this is the jaw and cheeks that i'm trying to achieve. View attachment 397489View attachment 397491

Forward projection and sharpness are key. Here is what I currently look like.

View attachment 397521View attachment 397523View attachment 397524View attachment 397526View attachment 397527

My aim is more pronounced mandibular angles as well as forward projection. Basically, im trying to get as close to those first models as possible. Eppley seemed to be somewhat cautious and honest as far as desired result as there is an aesthetic risk if the jaw is angled too low. Something about the tissue not fully coming over the implant. But considering that I only have probably a few chances to revise things, are the projections given to me by the scanning going to be enough to get a similar jaw to the two examples above or should I ask for more outward projection in the chin and wider projection in the mandibular? Or is that a result that is not going to be realistic with this surgery? Any advice is appreciated as I am really trying to wrap my head around this and need to know what to ask for when going for these results before Monday
How old are you? You need to collagenmax too

Hi community,

I'm at the 1 month mark now where you start to see what the final result may look like. Still a lot of swelling in the cheeks and soreness in the jaw. As of right now, I cant smile fully, but the numbness in my cheeks is almost gone. You can defiantly see the width of it. The zygos still have a little ways to go with the swelling. Id like to know what you guys think so far. How much sharpness and contouring should I expect within the next couple months of recovery?

Also, seeing as if this is likely 2-3 months more of recovery until the final result, do you guys have any skin care lookisms or tips to get Instagram like glowing skin? Really want this result to stand out as much as possible and I think skincare would do a great deal. I have a friend who I plan on getting facials from a couple times a month.. My skin tends to be pale and somewhat susceptible to breakouts as you can tell.

I am also starting invisalign within the next few weeks to correct my maloclussion. Going into get my impressions done next week
Can you post side by since before-after? That would do a great deal of favour to comment on your results.

• +1
You wasted a LOT of money for something you should only have done after getting the right osteotomies for your bone recession.
I can already tell it's not going to look harmonious. Why? Because implants always look like shit on recessed faces, and I see Eppley make the same (probably intentional coz he's only after the money) mistakes over and over again

Your mouth is still small, narrow, as is your palate more than likely. Even if you do end up getting a wide square jawline with a wide chin, the small narrow mouth is going to make you look disharmonious to the untrained eye, as will your zygo implants on your clearly recessed midface

You will never have the forward projection and the bone parameters of those male models, keep dreaming. Why? Because MMs are born, not made, they're just extremely lucky rare flukes of nature

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but I just wanted to give you a reality pill.

Will you look better than before? Most likely. Will you look MM-tier? Hell no, not a chance. Will you look harmonious with all those implants placed upon your recessed bones? I bet a farm you won't

I predict you'll not like the results (disharmony) and you'll end up like OCDMaxxing and get Eppley to remove those custom implants because you'll see that you can't get away with not correcting bone recession first. Afaik the guy got a wrap around jaw implant while clearly recessed, he then 3-4 months post-op really disliked the end result and thus paid Eppley to remove the very implants he had paid him 15k for.

Again, sorry for the harsh words, I just want people to learn from this mistake. Please, however, do update us with your pics as the months go by!
Arent implants made to correct the recessed bones itself? If not, what are the best ways to correct recessed bones?

This. I have spent here over 1700 hours and read countless numbers of threads concerning different topics and have yet to see a consensus on at least one thing/method/surgery whatever

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Biiyo03, EverythingMattersCel, Marsiere214 and 4 others
Everybody who gets surgery on this forum ends up never coming back JFL.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Marsiere214, to_stop_da_cope, Rasputin and 4 others
exactly, its so pointless then for them to report it in the first place, very frustrating. Same with other surgery threads in the Best of the Best Section.

• JFL
This. I have spent here over 1700 hours and read countless numbers of threads concerning different topics and have yet to see a consensus on at least one thing/method/surgery whatever

It's because surgery advice is highly individual and there are no "one size fits all" solutions. What procedure looks good on one person will look terrible on another... and for many people the goals they want are unattainable with current technology. The best thing to do is probably analyze your own face very carefully and then think about what procedures are most likely to get you some improvement.

There's not really any "good" or "bad" surgeries... each one has its role and its own set of pros and cons. You just have to decide what you will benefit from and what you are willing to settle for.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, Deleted member 4797 and HighIQcel
That’s a good thing
If someone compiled a list of every known legit surgerymaxxer with what surgeries they had we could have a rough idea of which surgeries are more likely to be a success (never come back here again)

If someone compiled a list of every known legit surgerymaxxer with what surgeries they had we could have a rough idea of which surgeries are more likely to be a success (never come back here again)
True, but they could have also roped. The only thing that’s certain is they found some type of peace (Rope or Ascended)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope, forwardgrowth, Deleted member 5292 and 2 others
Tbh bro i think rfromm got shit results lmaooo. eppley is only good for zygo implants

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and Deleted member 7776
Tbh bro i think rfromm got shit results lmaooo. eppley is only good for zygo implants

Yeah his zygos looked like Chad. He didn't get the male model look but he gave me the impression of a jock with his masculine and robust zygos, so Eppley delivered here.

Bbb

I agree the jaw implants were a bad idea, especially at the front (because the implanted chin area becomes incongruent with the mouth and upper jaw position). Jaw implants can look good on the ramus (rfromm's ramus looks good), but the wraparound implant covering the front is always inferior to chin wing/bimax/genioplasty in my view.

• +1
Reactions: Zhuurst, Marsiere214 and to_stop_da_cope
proof the only thing that works is getting lean

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: anactualdude, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 14139 and 1 other person
Yeah his zygos looked like Chad. He didn't get the male model look but he gave me the impression of a jock with his masculine and robust zygos, so Eppley delivered here.

View attachment 747240

I agree the jaw implants were a bad idea, especially at the front (because the implanted chin area becomes incongruent with the mouth and upper jaw position). Jaw implants can look good on the ramus (rfromm's ramus looks good), but the wraparound implant covering the front is always inferior to chin wing/bimax/genioplasty in my view.
He overexposed his orbital recession by leaving that are behind. I read most of this thread and his replies. I can confidently say he fucked up big time.

• +1
Reactions: anactualdude, EverythingMattersCel and Deleted member 7125