Design session with Eppley

R

rfromm01

Iron
Hello Looksmax community.

I am going to undergo a jaw wraparound and custom cheek implant with Dr.Eppley on June 11th. Today was my first design consult with Eppley and I have another chat with him on Monday. So basically I have 3 design sessions, however he doesn't count them until he sends in a design to the manufacturer, which he said he would not as he thought that I should do some more research as to what he calls the ogge curve cheeks as well as studying the jaw angle in which I want to go with over the weekend. He gave me this proposed design change today.
RF implant design chabges

So im going after a pretty specific result. I dont have a recessed jaw nor do I have nonexistent cheekbones. Mainly want the cheeks to appear more prominent and balance out the eye area. He said that these implants don't really make your jaw square. To be honest, it was a lot of stuff that I didn't understand as im not familiar with plastic terminology nor have I had an operation like this one. One of the models I showed him had a squared jaw that was vertically low. He said II should be aiming for something highly elevated. I'm having another chat with him on Monday. But this is the jaw and cheeks that i'm trying to achieve.
Model1
Model2

Forward projection and sharpness are key. Here is what I currently look like.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5

My aim is more pronounced mandibular angles as well as forward projection. Basically, im trying to get as close to those first models as possible. Eppley seemed to be somewhat cautious and honest as far as desired result as there is an aesthetic risk if the jaw is angled too low. Something about the tissue not fully coming over the implant. But considering that I only have probably a few chances to revise things, are the projections given to me by the scanning going to be enough to get a similar jaw to the two examples above or should I ask for more outward projection in the chin and wider projection in the mandibular? Or is that a result that is not going to be realistic with this surgery? Any advice is appreciated as I am really trying to wrap my head around this and need to know what to ask for when going for these results before Monday

Attachments

• RF implant design chabges.png
    RF implant design chabges.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,400
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: SkullDynamics, Will Blunderfield, anactualdude and 56 others
didn't read, but gl with the surgery

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: psl5.8specimen, aestheticsrespecter, mmdnohi and 62 others
Eppley must be getting 60% of his clientele from PSL at this point

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter, TikiXVI, greywind and 128 others
Damn you have a very very great base for implants. If everything goes right, you will ascend hard!!!

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension, Jew_Supremacist, Deleted member 8765 and 16 others

I am going to undergo a jaw wraparound and custom cheek implant with Dr.Eppley on June 11th. Today was my first design consult with Eppley and I have another chat with him on Monday. So basically I have 3 design sessions, however he doesn't count them until he sends in a design to the manufacturer, which he said he would not as he thought that I should do some more research as to what he calls the ogge curve cheeks as well as studying the jaw angle in which I want to go with over the weekend. He gave me this proposed design change today. View attachment 397542

So im going after a pretty specific result. I dont have a recessed jaw nor do I have nonexistent cheekbones. Mainly want the cheeks to appear more prominent and balance out the eye area. He said that these implants don't really make your jaw square. To be honest, it was a lot of stuff that I didn't understand as im not familiar with plastic terminology nor have I had an operation like this one. One of the models I showed him had a squared jaw that was vertically low. He said II should be aiming for something highly elevated. I'm having another chat with him on Monday. But this is the jaw and cheeks that i'm trying to achieve. View attachment 397489View attachment 397491

View attachment 397521View attachment 397523View attachment 397524View attachment 397526View attachment 397527

My aim is more pronounced mandibular angles as well as forward projection. Basically, im trying to get as close to those first models as possible. Eppley seemed to be somewhat cautious and honest as far as desired result as there is an aesthetic risk if the jaw is angled too low. Something about the tissue not fully coming over the implant. But considering that I only have probably a few chances to revise things, are the projections given to me by the scanning going to be enough to get a similar jaw to the two examples above or should I ask for more outward projection in the chin and wider projection in the mandibular? Or is that a result that is not going to be realistic with this surgery? Any advice is appreciated as I am really trying to wrap my head around this and need to know what to ask for when going for these results before Monday

Ask. @Sergio-OMS or go onto lookism and just surgery maxxer

• +1
Reactions: alriodai
The design looks good, however, be prepared when he alters in slightly on the day of surgery when he sees you in person like he did with me.

Your face looks narrow currently so the added facial width with the implants will help you out for sure.

You should have gotten the combined infraorbital-malar arch implants that cover the infra orbital rim and zygomatic arch imo, but Its w.e.

Your skin looks pretty thin enough so you will get definition. I wouldn't expect too much with the foward projection tho lol

Also I suggest you hit the gym, and build up your neck/traps and frame overall.

Keep us updated.

I am going to undergo a jaw wraparound and custom cheek implant with Dr.Eppley on June 11th. Today was my first design consult with Eppley and I have another chat with him on Monday. So basically I have 3 design sessions, however he doesn't count them until he sends in a design to the manufacturer, which he said he would not as he thought that I should do some more research as to what he calls the ogge curve cheeks as well as studying the jaw angle in which I want to go with over the weekend. He gave me this proposed design change today. View attachment 397542

So im going after a pretty specific result. I dont have a recessed jaw nor do I have nonexistent cheekbones. Mainly want the cheeks to appear more prominent and balance out the eye area. He said that these implants don't really make your jaw square. To be honest, it was a lot of stuff that I didn't understand as im not familiar with plastic terminology nor have I had an operation like this one. One of the models I showed him had a squared jaw that was vertically low. He said II should be aiming for something highly elevated. I'm having another chat with him on Monday. But this is the jaw and cheeks that i'm trying to achieve. View attachment 397489View attachment 397491

View attachment 397521View attachment 397523View attachment 397524View attachment 397526View attachment 397527

you didnt get a CT Scan of your side profile?

• +1
Reactions: ToTheTop, Marsiere214, alriodai and 5 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 14875, Deleted member and 8 others
The design looks good, however, be prepared when he alters in slightly on the day of surgery when he sees you in person like he did with me.

Your face looks narrow currently so the added facial width with the implants will help you out for sure.

You should have gotten the combined infraorbital-malar arch implants that cover the infra orbital rim and zygomatic arch imo, but Its w.e.

Your skin looks pretty thin enough so you will get definition. I wouldn't expect too much with the foward projection tho lol

Also I suggest you hit the gym, and build up your neck/traps and frame overall.

Keep us updated.

you didnt get a CT Scan of your side profile?

Yes they did here are those pics.
SmartSelectImage 2020 05 08 22 04 30
SmartSelectImage 2020 05 08 22 05 25
SmartSelectImage 2020 05 08 22 05 02

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: chaddyboi66, Stevensmithgerard and Gosick
I'd say this is a pretty close first draft, you have a lean face so I don't think you need to go too big. Do you have the color map for the cheekbones from the front view? I think you could probably add 1-2 mm more forward projection at the outer corners of the eye but I want to see the front view color map first.

I also had cheekbone implants with Eppley and they turned out well.

Oh also I don't think you need any vertical dropdown on the jaw implants. Like Dr. Eppley said, having too much dropdown on you will make your face look overly "blocky", and as he said it increases the risk of the masseter muscle detaching.

Did you get one of those 3D PDF files that you can spin around and look at different angles? If not you should ask.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, ascentium and highT
how much is he quoting you, price wise? curious about any discount for combining the jaw and midface all in one surgery. PM me if you don’t want to share price publicly

• +1
Reactions: anactualdude
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate, Deleted member 8765, chaddyboi66 and 3 others
very bad idea to get a chin implant while you have an overbite

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hipcel, Chinlet Ascension, coolguy1 and 20 others
Get jaw surgery for your overbite first

• +1
Reactions: extremchange628181, CursedOne and Dude420
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Growth Plate, chaddyboi66, SadnessWYJ and 6 others
mouth widening and clavicle widening will benefit you far more.

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66, Mayorga and randomvanish
He fell for the Eppley meme.
Cage6

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: greywind, Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 16384 and 12 others
nigga you doxxed yourself
Jfl

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003, Hipcel, Anchor_Ship and 27 others
I M new to this, do custom build cheek implants like these help with under eye support or still one has to get orbital rim implant ?

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
I M new to this, do custom build cheek implants like these help with under eye support or still one has to get orbital rim implant ?
When you get a cheek implant, you can extend thr implant to the under eyearea to fix it

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Obey and Adreyan
"he looks pretty chad tbh, pretty wide face"
*expands image and aspect ratio corrects itself*
"OH NONONONO"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509-152909.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-152909.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,102
  • Screenshot_20200509-152918.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-152918.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 919
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003, greywind, WanderingBurro and 26 others
very bad idea to get a chin implant while you have an overbite
True asf. Get some jaw surgery first your masking the problem not solving it

Didn't read but just judging by how your lips look in some of the pics i can tell you have an overbite

• +1
Reactions: wagbox
how much is he quoting you, price wise? curious about any discount for combining the jaw and midface all in one surgery. PM me if you don’t want to share price publicly
with custom cheek implants 26k that includes all operating room costs

Dont believe i have an overbite, I have always had small lips which look odd on my face, which I plan on getting done with V-Y method 2 months after surgery. Mouth widening is also on the table, as my mouth is naturally small. Used to have fillers but those only lasted for a couple months before fading. BTW this isnt a chin imolant, its wraparound jaw

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4671
I agree that you don’t need the jaw implant to add vertical length very much, if at all. Most of the aesthetic benefit in the jaw for you would come from adding horizontal width.

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03 and Usum
how many mm of horizontal width should I ask for?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4671
If that is really you, I would seriously reconsider surgery. I don't think it will make you any happier to have two pieces of artifical silicone planted into your face. I am usually pro surgery, but I beg you to reconsider.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: greywind, Hipcel, terrorblade and 14 others
how many mm of horizontal width should I ask for?
your ramus is too tall in the after, its literally 110deegrees, you don't need to lower your gonions 4-5mm, ideal gonial angle is 115-120 degrees

• +1
Reactions: rfromm01 and WillVisitGandy
If you have an overbite, you should seriously think about it first op.

your ramus is too tall in the after, its literally 110deegrees, you don't need to lower your gonions 4-5mm, ideal gonial angle is 115-120 degrees
how is this gonion ideal ?
it's not short but not ideal either if you want to get a model tier ramus like chico.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 757
  • forward_vs_recessed.jpg
    forward_vs_recessed.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 599
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SubhumanityForce and Delucci99
how is this gonion ideal ?
it's not short but not ideal either if you want to get a model tier ramus like chico.

He needs to get rid of that nasty under chin fat for +1 PSL

Good stuff, wish you good luck.

• +1
Reactions: SoyGune and Htobrother
Your name remove it

• +1
Reactions: SoyGune
Stay clean shaven man, your facial hair sucks.

GL with everything else

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Be_ConfidentBro and MiroslavBulldosex
If your life is shit it's not down to your looks, it's down to other factors.

I urge you to reconsider surgery and invest your time and money in other things. Also please reconsider implants and Eppley research his ethics and results which says it all.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lookologist003, anonymous8675, anactualdude and 5 others
Can’t speak about jaw implant but cheek design looks all wrong for what you’re trying to achieve.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and PubertyMaxxer
w
Can’t speak about jaw implant but cheek design looks all wrong for what you’re trying to achieve.
why?
If your life is shit it's not down to your looks, it's down to other factors.

I urge you to reconsider surgery and invest your time and money in other things. Also please reconsider implants and Eppley research his ethics and results which says it all.
what do you mean by that ? eppley design its implants just by the patient's desire. can you back me some sources about eppley, like why you don't like him ?

• +1
Reactions: Incoming
A 3 mm of projection will barely make any difference OP.

• +1
Reactions: terrorblade, Marsiere214, Deleted member 4383 and 5 others
@SurgerySoon

I definitely agree with others who said to go for at least 5 mm of projection. One of my cheek implants projects with 5.5 mm, and the other one only has 3.5 mm of projection. The one with 3.5 mm of projection is noticeably flatter than the one with 5.5 mm. I'm actually in the process of planning a revision surgery to have projection added to both implants (probably 7.5 mm on each one).

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Deleted member 8765, ascentium and 3 others
I definitely agree with others who said to go for at least 5 mm of projection. One of my cheek implants projects with 5.5 mm, and the other one only has 3.5 mm of projection. The one with 3.5 mm of projection is noticeably flatter than the one with 5.5 mm. I'm actually in the process of planning a revision surgery to have projection added to both implants (probably 7.5 mm on each one).

How recessed were you?

An additional 3.5 mm of cheek projection on a lean face is quite substantial.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Swole bravo and Kade
i wonder what were your before surgery measurements ?

Nigga just doxxed himself & found his shit n everything on fb
I will make you a visit soon op

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BigBundaSlapper, Anchor_Ship, Chinlet Ascension and 10 others
Not sure; they were never relayed to me.

Presumably the reason your implants were designed asymmetrically was to compensate for and stabilize an existing skeletal asymmetry, right? That’s gotta be one of the the main reasons to get custom implants in the first place

• +1
Reactions: EdwardCullen