Dilemma: Should I focus on building muscle or lowering fat?

What should i do?

• Cut to 9%-10% body fat

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Keep bulking despite bloat

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
fvolkek

fvolkek

Diamond
I’m in the middle of a pretty shitty dilemma, where I’m not sure whether to focus on building muscle or cutting.
I have a shitty bloated face but relativately low body fat for some reason—it’s a distribution problem I assume —but I’m sure that if I cut to single digit fat, I would have a much more lean face and even leaner body. My muscle is okayish, I’m not fit but I’m well-off, however if I cut I would be worse than now.
The other option is continuing gymmaxxing and focusing on muscle growth, where I would be much more strong and /fit/ but will still have the bloated face I have right now, or even worse.

The second option is clearly better long-term, but here’s where the problem arises. Summer is coming in where I live, and the place where I live has the best beaches in Latin America and most people I know will travel here, including hot women, trust me, the night life here is one of the best in the fucking world. I want to have a more defined jawline but I’m scared of losing all of the gains I’ve been working on this year. With my current face I’m a sub-5, and one of my worst falios is my bloat. I eat like A LOT, I know that if I go on a strict diet I would be much better but I still have a mediocre jaw width, so it won’t be that much of a difference as it could be, and I also don’t want to look like a twig. What should I do?

Edit: Try to vote in the poll if possible :feelswhat:
A8838B74 4FDD 4345 A54D D9EBCFE5CFD5

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: .👽.
muscle

• +1
Reactions: fvolkek
lose fat, should take a couple months.
than clean muscle building.
gl:chad:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Slob, Alexanderr, Lev Peshkov and 1 other person
Thread is useless without pics. Beginning lifters cannot assess themselves accurately, ever. Post or dm pics and I'll give you a clear answer

• +1
Reactions: CANI, Deleted member 16110 and .👽.
Thread is useless without pics. Beginning lifters cannot assess themselves accurately, ever. Post or dm pics and I'll give you a clear answer
okay, here it goes:

This was me some weeks ago, now I’m slightly better in terms of body mass but have slightly more body fat.
I’m alright for my age —though nothing special —but I could be much much better if I keep going. My body fat looks really low, but it isn’t, the thing is that my distribution is really weird, my face holds all of the fat lol. I look like the gymcel manlet meme only that I’m average height

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: .👽.
This isn't a real dilemma. Just go ahead and take the leanpill and cut down

• +1
If you go ADHD on your bulking and cutting cycles, you're going to end up never making much progress. The obvious answer is to bulk longer. But if you need to ask, you'll probably do the impulsive and lazy thing

• +1
I’m in the middle of a pretty shitty dilemma, where I’m not sure whether to focus on building muscle or cutting.
I have a shitty bloated face but relativately low body fat for some reason—it’s a distribution problem I assume —but I’m sure that if I cut to single digit fat, I would have a much more lean face and even leaner body.
JFL I am in a similar situation:lul:

Don't know if I want to drastically reduce my body fat percentage or bulk up

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15004
okay, here it goes:

This was me some weeks ago, now I’m slightly better in terms of body mass but have slightly more body fat.
I’m alright for my age —though nothing special —but I could be much much better if I keep going. My body fat looks really low, but it isn’t, the thing is that my distribution is really weird, my face holds all of the fat lol. I look like the gymcel manlet meme only that I’m average height

Maingain