DJT - Daily Japanese Thread

Zesto

Zesto

ベルセルク
NoobSubs Kakegurui   Compulsive Gambler 03 1080p 8bit AACmp4 snapshot 0544 20181116 1

Welcome to DJT.

This thread was inspired by the DJT threads on 4chan /jp/ and /int/.

This thread is for the discussion of Japanese learning.

It is also where I will document my own personal learning.

Everyday I will upload my notes and the new things I've learned (or I will rope (if I miss a single day), you guys can hold me to that) all the way up until when I leave for Japan at the end of December.

Somedays I may post multiple updates. I will put in at least an hour a day and show what I was able to accomplish during that time here.

To begin with I started Japanese From Zero 1.

The beginning was just about pronounciation and introducing what the three writing systems.

Hiragana (for Japanese words, phonetic symbols), Katakana (for foreign words in Japanese, phonetic symbols) and Kanji (Chinese character system).

I didn't Katakana was just for foreign words so I learned something. The book will teach me Hiragana first and you'll see me make progress with that in this thread.

I already understood the pronunciation of the 5 main Japanese vowels from watching anime and from Japanese language learning audio CDs I've used in the past.

Moving on the numbers were introduced.

Here are my notes for the numbers, in the next updates I will continue to work with the numbers but this is what I have for now. Except more on numbers soon.

3uTetoD.jpg

1PCWsWv.jpg

I know the numbers are pussy stuff that anyone can do but bear with me here. I'm pretty much starting from zero (pun intended). I will post more exciting notes as my studying continues day by day.

This is just the first entry. As I said there will be one new entry every single day up until I leave for Japan at the end of December or I'll rope (serious, hold me accountable guys)

I take this very seriously which is why I chose to keep these notes in a block notebook to represent how grave this matter is for me..

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac, Mewcel, Time Travel and 1 other person
ABD84F3B 4DE2 4F89 823E CEBAD2D205E8

• +1
Reactions: Nibba, Insomniac, Wincel and 2 others
I mean, you're genuinely interested in Japan and there culture so I can't shit talk you for learning the language and etc. You do you bro

• +1
Reactions: Zesto
I need to finally start learning japanese too.

• +1
日本語はゲイです

• +1
Gay

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TakaRyo
This makes me cry in pity but I gotta respect your efforts man, hope you get some spicy oriental puss one day doing this shit

Sugoi Zesto-kun ^_^

• +1
Thanks for sharing, it will be fun to learn a bit of Japanese along side from your entries

• +1
Konbonwa friends.

I have continued with the numbers. Admittedly not much progress, but great journey taken step by step.

Some days more steps than other but every day step of course.

ZGyEcUo.jpg

Here cover of one book I'm using.

Cute waifu.

Notice pen. Black and white, to represent how serious and grave a matter this is. Will use until ink run dry.

YixrKSP.jpg

Can count to 9999 in Japanese (over 9000).

Will study and memorize while in bed before sleep looking at pics of notes on phone.

Update tomorrow as well as everyday until I leave for Japan end of December.

Konbonwa friends.

I have continued with the numbers. Admittedly not much progress, but great journey taken step by step.

Some days more steps than other but every day step of course.

ZGyEcUo.jpg

Here cover of one book I'm using.

Cute waifu.

Notice pen. Black and white, to represent how serious and grave a matter this is. Will use until ink run dry.

YixrKSP.jpg

Can count to 9999 in Japanese (over 9000).

Will study and memorize while in bed before sleep looking at pics of notes on phone.

Update tomorrow as well as everyday until I leave for Japan end of December.
Yo does your cult have any room for lolicons?

• +1
Yo does your cult have any room for lolicons?

LoliShocked

Yes.

Your pic too cryptic for most normies on site to understand.

You need more extreme.

Avi1
here's original

Crazy1
Crazy2
these good candidates

this one I was thinking of switching to myself but if you use it be sure to use ms paint and white out the text for clean image

Right now I use Nishinotouin because I am not in deranged mode from being on deranged site incels and to represent my CalmMaxxing and duties to Traditional Culture Research Club (Japanese learning and also she is mascot and official chan of DJT).

Midari and Beautification Committee was required for incels with all the ugliness abound.

View attachment 4736

Yes.

Your pic too cryptic for most normies on site to understand.

You need more extreme.

View attachment 4737 here's original

View attachment 4738View attachment 4739 these good candidates

View attachment 4740 this one I was thinking of switching to myself but if you use it be sure to use ms paint and white out the text for clean image

Right now I use Nishinotouin because I am not in deranged mode from being on deranged site incels and to represent my CalmMaxxing and duties to Traditional Culture Research Club (Japanese learning and also she is mascot and official chan of DJT).

Midari and Beautification Committee was required for incels with all the ugliness abound.
alright I'll try working something out with one of these, thanks

• +1
alright I'll try working something out with one of these, thanks

This one would also be nice text edited.

I love cropping these.

Tonight's lesson, numbers 0-9999 completed.

UG7lvVi.jpg

iM7P5vI.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac
Tonight's lesson, what to say when meeting someone for the first time.

eHTN441.jpg

• +1
Can you post some busty Japanese chicks? I would honestly fuck some of them.

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac, Zesto and Nibba
You should be learning the Hiragana and Katakana first so you can stop using the training wheels that are Romaji

Last edited:
  • +1
You should be learning Hiragana and Katakana first so you can stop using the training wheels that are Romaji

Hmm2

Hiragana is coming and will definitely be learned prior to my trip and uploaded here.

Katakana, doubtful that I will get to that in time, but will be learned after I return.

Will also try to get a few kanji down, expect all in upcoming posts.

View attachment 5419

Hiragana is coming and will definitely be learned prior to my trip and uploaded here.

Katakana, doubtful that I will get to that in time, but will be learned after I return.

Will also try to get a few kanji down, expect all in upcoming posts.
I learned the Hiragana and Katakana in two days and had it down solid in about 5. If you are committed its actually quite easy.

• +1
I learned the Hiragana and Katakana in two days and had it down solid in about 5. If you are committed its actually quite easy.

Happy6

I am following the order of my textbook, the one I have Japanese From Zero 1 is entirely Hiragana.

Katakana not introduced until the second in the series, and even then not have enough time to get to it before leave for Japan at end of December.

For my purposes of needing to read menus at restaurants and street signs, Hiragana should be more than adequate.

I will have started Hiragana certainly by this time next week, so stay tuned for more updated. I have looked ahead a few pages in my book and it's coming soon after some more rudimentary introductions/vocabulary.

View attachment 5420

I am following the order of my textbook, the one I have Japanese From Zero 1 is entirely Hiragana.

Katakana not introduced until the second in the series, and even then not have enough time to get to it before leave for Japan at end of December.

For my purposes of needing to read menus at restaurants and street signs, Hiragana should be more than adequate.

I will have started Hiragana certainly by this time next week, so stay tuned for more updated. I have looked ahead a few pages in my book and it's coming soon after some more rudimentary introductions/vocabulary.
I see. I am self teaching so after I learned the Kana I started doing Remember the Kanji and doing vocab. Keep us updated, I'm interested in seeing how you progress.

• +1
I see. I am self teaching so after I learned the Kana I started doing Remember the Kanji and doing vocab. Keep us updated, I'm interested in seeing how you progress.

Happy9

At least one update every single day. Watch thread if you wish to be notified.

One update a day will be maintained until I leave for Tokyo at end of December for whole month of January.

Tonight's lesson, how to say age.

OX9KXZe.jpg

Aaa34MG.jpg

• +1
Good thread. :feelsokman:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 443 and Zesto
Tonight's lesson, asking someone their age + asking someone how old you look like, as well as the natural way to say to say what your name is.

SkmkIPE.jpg

oUki6Yl.jpg

This link looks broken here's a replacement.

Optimized IMG 8004

Tonight's lesson, basic greetings and farewells.

UyeGszW.jpg

My sincere apology for the delay (it is past midnight here).

I got carried away tonight.

I will try to have these up prior to midnight from this point forward.

I will be continuing my studies privately henceforth, but daily nonetheless until I leave.

Protip: Stop using Latin script to learn a language that doesn't use it.
It's dumb.
You need to learn hiragana and katakana before learning words, because when you learn hiragana and katakana you are going to have to RELEARN those words.
Imagine a Japanese person learning English without learning the alphabet first, and only using katakana to learn words. Imagine an Arab using Arabic script to write in English. That would be stupid and gay, you are shooting yourself in the foot by doing this.
Watch the Japanesepod101 videos on hiragana and katakana, they provide mnemonics to remember them. You can get them both down in under a week at worst. Don't waste time on romaji.

Also, 日本語はギイです means Japanese is gay. Which is correct, it is very gay.

Last edited:
  • +1
Protip: Stop using Latin script to learn a language that doesn't use it.
It's dumb.
You need to learn hiragana and katakana before learning words, because when you learn hiragana and katakana you are going to have to RELEARN those words.
Imagine a Japanese person learning English without learning the alphabet first, and only using katakana to learn words. Imagine an Arab using Arabic script to write in English. That would be stupid and gay, you are shooting yourself in the foot by doing this.
Watch the Japanesepod101 videos on hiragana and katakana, they provide mnemonics to remember them. You can get them both down in under a week at worst. Don't waste time on romaji.

Also, 日本語はギイです means Japanese is gay. Which is correct, it is very gay.
I agree with all of this except the last part

• +1
White women>Asian women

• +1
Reactions: TakaRyo
That will be hard to translate because of the kanji.

One day I will be able to though.

how the fuck do you not recognize the kanji for 日本, let alone 日本語

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
Who is gonna be the next weeabo after zesto leaves

Who is gonna be the next weeabo after zesto leaves
He won't leave unless he's banned. He said he would yesterday but he ain't leavin

• +1
If you leave in January you're not gonna make, to be honest. You should dedicate your time to looksmaxxing and instead just look for a group of Gaijin to tag along with when you get to Japan.

• +1
If you leave in January you're not gonna make, to be honest. You should dedicate your time to looksmaxxing and instead just look for a group of Gaijin to tag along with when you get to Japan.

Fuck westerners.

Now that I'm back on the forum I'm going to gather up what I've learned and post the updates I would have.

I'm LowBodyFatMaxxing (calory restriction for facial leanness until the day I leave).

I'm going in as frauded Half Japanese (HafuFrauded), hanging out westerners would ruin that, I'm trying to blend in.