Do fixed retainers stunt maxilla growth during puberty

FinallyAscended

FinallyAscended

The next Rothschild
I got fixed retainers when I was 15 and ever since then my face hasn’t really developed that much.

I got fixed retainers when I was 15 and ever since then my face hasn’t really developed that much.
Bad ortho will lead to a stunted growth. And most likely you had bad ortho treatment. Doesn’t mean you would turn out better without, as the need for any ortho treatment already suggests bad genes. There is ortho treatment that expands the jaws. Sadly it’s not common practice.

Depends on who you ask but I would say yes it fucked you. How old are you rn op

Do you still use them, if so consider getting rid of that shit and hope you have your last growth spurt. DM face if you want

Depends on who you ask but I would say yes it fucked you. How old are you rn op
How would it do that though?

Also, would it be all retainer treatment cases or just the bad ones, like the post above yours suggests?

How would it do that though?

Also, would it be all retainer treatment cases or just the bad ones, like the post above yours suggests?
Depends on your age and other factors such as how "old" your bones are relative to your stage in puberty. Your palate widens and enlarges with your skull. You are putting a device that forces it into posistion and does not allow any expansion.

Let me explain in the field of orthodontics there were two main theories present. One was that mouth size/teeth amount did not affect facial structure or the size of your mouth. That some people came with mouths that were smaller, wider, etc etc. Which is where teeth removals for braces come from for example.

The other theory was that you can shape a mouth/ or your facial structure depending on how you PUSH your teeth or how you sleep, or how misguided your teeth are while you develop. Most lookism and other retards like mike mew followers believe in this second theory. Shit like MSE helps people with overcrowded teeth and expands the mouth. Making this theory better in terms of how people end up looking. You can get your overcrowded teeth removed. Get your wisdom teeth taken out etc, but you will end up looking recessed and unnatural.

• +1
Reactions: YouLiveForYourself and Need2Ascend