Do lawyers make a lot of money?

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
The cheapest lawyers charge $300/hr and anybody who's a good lawyer charges $600+/hr but nobody ever tells people to become a lawyer and the average salary on Google is a lot lower. Do lawyers make good money or nah?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, datboijj and Deleted member 24055

• +1
Reactions: babineux
They do but it's stressful and lots of paperwork involved. It's not for everyone, although you can become a solicitor fairly quickly and charge big bucks opening your own firm. It does take effort so at that point, why not just go the medschool route and become a dermatologist and make filthy amounts of money?

They do but it's stressful and lots of paperwork involved. It's not for everyone, although you can become a solicitor fairly quickly and charge big bucks opening your own firm. It does take effort so at that point, why not just go the medschool route and become a dermatologist and make filthy amounts of money?
good luck dissecting humans for 4 years in med school and spend another 4 years being a wagecuck slave for $50k a year getting called in at 4 AM. maybe u will see ur first pussy irl on a cadaver.

i want fast money. go to law school for 2 years and get my bread up.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: babineux, Deleted member 19453 and datboijj
become a dirty lawyer and use ur knowledge to sue random people

depends what type of lawyer you are

over if you are a public defender

• +1
Reactions: Dystopian
depends what type of lawyer you are

over if you are a public defender
lawyers of big companies make 20k a month easily

i will go to law school myself

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
good luck dissecting humans for 4 years in med school and spend another 4 years being a wagecuck slave for $50k a year getting called in at 4 AM. maybe u will see ur first pussy irl on a cadaver.

“I need fast money, better become a lawyer”
Lol

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Moggie
lawyers of big companies make 20k a month easily

i will go to law school myself
lots of people thought they could get into the big firms but are stuck earning half as much with small firms

The cheapest lawyers charge $300/hr and anybody who's a good lawyer charges $600+/hr but nobody ever tells people to become a lawyer and the average salary on Google is a lot lower. Do lawyers make good money or nah?

Yes (especially corporate law which is what I want to do), but many lawyers say the money isn't worth it for how terrible/draining of a job it is.

become a dirty lawyer and use ur knowledge to sue random people
courtroom is the only place where you have power over Chads.

Yes (especially corporate law which is what I want to do), but many lawyers say the money isn't worth it for how terrible/draining of a job it is.
because they are privileged whiteboy cucks. i live, eat, and breathe money. i will do anything for it.

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
2 years of law school isnt all that bad
Prolly takes more than that tbh. and chances are you are not gonna get some top tier position paying 200k or something.

Prolly takes more than that tbh. and chances are you are not gonna get some top tier position paying 200k or something.
5 years is a more reasonable estimate and once you finish odds you can go right to a big firm is pretty low

How is that any better?

Becoming a lawyer is the same if not easier than becoming a dermatologist.

Dermatology also requires you to be the top % of graduates from med school, it's one of the most difficult specialties.

Law is oversaturated, look elsewhere.

Also worse if your parents cannot help you pay for law school etc. and you are not coming out of a big target law school.

How is that any better?

Becoming a lawyer is the same if not easier than becoming a dermatologist.

Dermatology also requires you to be the top % of graduates from med school, it's one of the most difficult specialties.
Better as in Dermatologists can clear 500k-1m/yr easily working private clinics. Only big time celebrity lawyers/etc make anywhere near that much. Meanwhile regular dermatologists can do that for sure. Yes getting into dermatology is very competitive but it's doable if you work hard. So lawyer might be easier but it's also way less money.

depends on your area of practice and how much time you’re willing to sacrifice. I’m 8 months PQE in UK and on GBP 170k before tax and bonus. Hours are brutal but equity partners here (around 10-13 years exp) take home 3-6 million on average (depending on how much they bill / clients they bring in)

depends on your area of practice and how much time you’re willing to sacrifice. I’m 8 months PQE in UK and on GBP 170k before tax and bonus. Hours are brutal but equity partners here (around 10-13 years exp) take home 3-6 million on average (depending on how much they bill / clients they bring in)
yeah if i ever need to get a job definitely becoming a lawyer. every time you google average lawyer salaries shit says "40k" or some other cap but every lawyer i work with charges $800+/hr.

Like physicians, I think over time the wages of such occupations are no more than most other lower-paying jobs due to debt and years spent in school.

It's a shame things are this way, at least in America.

Like physicians, I think over time the wages of such occupations are no more than most other lower-paying jobs due to debt and years spent in school.

It's a shame things are this way, at least in America.
yeah bro im sure that the long-term income of a lawyer who spends 2 extra years in college and makes $600/hr is lower than a construction worker who avoids college but gets paid $30/hr :feelsuhh:

yeah bro im sure that the long-term income of a lawyer who spends 2 extra years in college and makes $600/hr is lower than a construction worker who avoids college but gets paid $30/hr :feelsuhh:
This may not apply to lawyers, though I feel like it very likely might to a lesser degree

sure dude let them gaslight normies into not going into medical school. every doctor I know makes $1000+/hr and own yachts and multiple vacation homes.

sure dude let them gaslight normies into not going into medical school. every doctor I know makes $1000+/hr and own yachts and multiple vacation homes.
Your anecdotes just disproved the data I shared. Solid argument.

Your anecdotes just disproved the data I shared. Solid argument.
data and stats can be easily manipulated. theyre for midwits who want to act smart. but muh statistics :soy:

This may not apply to lawyers, though I feel like it very likely might to a lesser degree
Jfl at the Americuck education system.

You’re probably right that law school isn’t worth all the debt for midwits since pay isn’t insane unless you go Big Law or are a top practitioner in a niche area (and strong academics are generally a prerequisite for both). Seen so many idealistic cucks from university go into immigration law or criminal law thinking they’re going to change things only to be on shit pay with shit hours.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24777