Do PEEK cheek-orbital implants change the eye shape?

dingopump

dingopump

Iron
Do PEEK cheek-orbital implants change the eye shape, in terms of:

- Less scleral show
- More positive canthal tilt
- More hunter eyes, instead of prey eyes

If yes, are there any good post-op examples?

Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
have you began discussing design yet?

Do PEEK cheek-orbital implants change the eye shape, in terms of:

- Less scleral show
- More positive canthal tilt
- More hunter eyes, instead of prey eyes

If yes, are there any good post-op examples?

Thank you.
Yes if designed the right way

• +1
Reactions: dingopump
have you began discussing design yet?
Not yet, but I have an appointment by the end of this month.

It will take a couple more months until my teeth are fully decompensated, so I'll consult some more surgeons in the meantime to see what everyone has to offer. Besides the Belgian one, I'm also interested in the Italian surgeons discussed in this forum.

Not yet, but I have an appointment by the end of this month.

It will take a couple more months until my teeth are fully decompensated, so I'll consult some more surgeons in the meantime to see what everyone has to offer. Besides the Belgian one, I'm also interested in the Italian surgeons discussed in this forum.
Legit plan
I'm currently 20 weeks after SARPE and the device has just started to loosen again
Do you reckon the bone is fully solid now or I should get the device tightened again?

Legit plan
I'm currently 20 weeks after SARPE and the device has just started to loosen again
Do you reckon the bone is fully solid now or I should get the device tightened again?
I believe it should be solid by now.

Mine was also pretty loose (with some screws even falling out), but I don't think I've experienced any relapse. The palate shape looks good (could be a bit wider in my opinion), but with maxillary advancement, the dental arch will appear wider.

Did you already talk to the doctor about the loose device? If yes, what did he say?

Mine was also pretty loose (with some screws even falling out), but I don't think I've experienced any relapse. The palate shape looks good (could be a bit wider in my opinion), but with maxillary advancement, the dental arch will appear wider.

Did you already talk to the doctor about the loose device? If yes, what did he say?
Nah I just noticed it's starting to happen today so I didn't get in contact yet

Attachments

• WIN_20220411_01_05_55_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220411_01_05_55_Pro.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Sal
Nah I just noticed it's starting to happen today so I didn't get in contact yet
Alright, but I don't think there's a reason to be concerned.

I had braces growing up so my teeth are straight will drape make me need braces again?

I had braces growing up so my teeth are straight will drape make me need braces again?
If you're talking about SARPE (maxillary expansion), yes you will need braces (or Invisalign) to close the created gap between your front teeth.

If you're doing a Bimax afterwards, you would also need the braces for decompensation (to reverse the compensation done in your teens).

If you're talking about SARPE (maxillary expansion), yes you will need braces (or Invisalign) to close the created gap between your front teeth.

If you're doing a Bimax afterwards, you would also need the braces for decompensation (to reverse the compensation done in your teens).
So if I get bimax for aesthetics I have to get braces again 😞 can you do sarpe/imdo/bimax together?

You can't get SARPE + Bimax together, but I believe you can get a 3-piece LeFort 1 (which is expansion and advancement all in one).

Just to clarify, you will need braces only once. First you get the SARPE, then braces (for tooth gap closure + decompensation), then Bimax.

F8D500B4 637E 4FA2 9E7A DA2B60CE94C2
BF81A352 15F3 4A0C B774 0F932EEFDFCF
Pagnoni did this design for me said it will give me hunter eyes

You can't get SARPE + Bimax together, but I believe you can get a 3-piece LeFort 1 (which is expansion and advancement all in one).

Just to clarify, you will need braces only once. First you get the SARPE, then braces (for tooth gap closure + decompensation), then Bimax.
So I assume your maxfac and ortho advised that you'd be getting decompensation during your sarpe operation? Which is strange becuase my maxfac (same as yours) never mentioned anything about decomp and has me planned for bimax after sarpe too?