Does anyone else get bored fast?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Can’t even watch a movie for 10 minutes without distracting myself due to getting bored. Or read a letter thoroughly. Time to take care of my responsibilities, I guess. Will distract me for some time, only to get back to utter boredom, once those things become routine. Only making this thread out of pure boredom, rather than asking for advice (jfl).

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: 🌈 👽, Arkantos, Good_Little_Goy and 10 others
Over for your attention span and dopamine receptors. Srs try and go 1 full day doing extremely low dopamine activities (no phone, no tv,). Boring reading, walking only. Dopamine detox could be helpful for you

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, sytyl and 2 others
It's just a matter of creating a habit
when i used to read a lot i'd spend all day reading, but now i can barely read for 30min straight

• +1
Reactions: 🌈 👽, Arkantos, HighIQcel and 3 others
Can’t even watch a movie for 10 minutes without distracting myself due to getting bored. Or read a letter thoroughly. Time to take care of my responsibilities, I guess. Will distract me for some time, only to get back to utter boredom, once those things become routine. Only making this thread out of pure boredom, rather than asking for advice (jfl).
yeah, I can't even watch youtube unless the video is shorter than 10 mins

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 🌈 👽, Bewusst, Deleted member 7753 and 3 others
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 🌈 👽, Arkantos, Deleted member 275 and 3 others
I just finished a 5 hour marathon of some series, looked at every frame :)

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayerino, sytyl and Bewusst
Over for your attention span and dopamine receptors. Srs try and go 1 full day doing extremely low dopamine activities (no phone, no tv,). Boring reading, walking only. Dopamine detox could be helpful for you
Done that already. It’s just a temporary fix. Isn’t it like this for all people tho? We constantly need new experiences, either pleasurable or bad, otherwise we’ll get bored. After all, we are only humans and it’s just another natural mechanism, not a disease.

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
Done that already. It’s just a temporary fix. Isn’t it like this for all people tho? We constantly need new experiences, either pleasurable or bad, otherwise we’ll get bored. After all, we are only humans and it’s just another natural mechanism, not a disease.
It's because of the quick and easy dopamine filled world we live in. In an experiment where rats could press a stimulus that made their dopamine receptors activate they did nothing but press it constantly until they passed out or died. It's because we have constant information and entertainment that this happens. Humans were more goal driven when there was nothing to do all day

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
It's because of the quick and easy dopamine filled world we live in. In an experiment where rats could press a stimulus that made their dopamine receptors activate they did nothing but press it constantly until they passed out or died. It's because we have constant information and entertainment that this happens. Humans were more goal driven when there was nothing to do all day
Absolutely. If we had to work hard to get sth, including satisfying our basic needs like food and shelter, we would probably be happier or at least not as bored. Just look at small children. Everything is done for them, they just need to go to kindergarten/primary school (which doesn’t require lots of effort) and they get bored fast and almost die out of boredom. When you have a lot of stress/struggles in your life, it also gets rid of boredom. Human nature, we need constant stimuli or we’ll become stupid

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
@Ritalincel you have my permission to post my avatar in order to bump this thread

• JFL
Reactions: Arkantos and sytyl
used to have alot of fun playing videogames when i was younger but now i really dont, idk whats wrong, i miss those days

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Bewusst
used to have alot of fun playing videogames when i was younger but now i really dont, idk whats wrong, i miss those days
Can relate. Everything was more exciting when I was younger. You already know what happens, the older you get...

• So Sad
Reactions: Hozay
Can relate. Everything was more exciting when I was younger. You already know what happens, the older you get...
yeah, everything just felt new when you were younger. i cant explain it

yeah, everything just felt new when you were younger. i cant explain it
I must admit tho, eating a lot of sugar helps a lot with apathy/anhedonia

Start by uninstalling TikTok from your phone.

I literally only watch in 1.5x jfl
jfl I do the same. If they talk really slow even 1.75x
I watch my college lectures on 1.5x too. Anything slower just makes it too boring.

Is this a symptom of brain damage?

• +1
Reactions: Entschuldigung and sytyl
I have plenty of pc games I can play but I just procrastinate too much. Evenings are definitely boring asf.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
can confirm, dopamine detoxing would be an answer for you. just gotta make the decision if that's worth it.

Someone said thats the reason tiktoc vids are so short. To fuck up attention span

• +1
Reactions: PYT