Does Ashwagandha cause hair loss?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
read somewhere that due to it being very anabolic it will increase T levels as well as DHT, meaning that it will speed up balding.

but when I searched "ashwagandha hair loss" on google most articles were discussing how ashwagandha can SLOW hair loss

so wondering if any users have any experience with using Ashwagandha over a longer time frame (like 1 year+)?
and did it have any effect on your hair at all?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913 and LastHopeForNorman
read somewhere that due to it being very anabolic

but when I searched "ashwagandha hair loss" on google most articles were discussing how ashwagandha can SLOW hair loss

stress related hairloss because ash lower cortisol levels

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, Deleted member 10913, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 3 others
It reduces cortisol. Cortisol increases inflammation causing some hairloss and things like acne and slower injury recovery. Surgeons even use beta blockers (adrenaline blockers) so their patient recovers faster.
Cortisol causes stress and anaxiety and lowers test. I am pretty sure the inflammation causes more hair loss then the slightly higher test.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913, EverythingMaxxer, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 3 others
It reduces cortisol. Cortisol increases inflammation causing some hairloss and things like acne and slower injury recovery. Surgeons even use beta blockers (adrenaline blockers) so their patient recovers faster.
Cortisol causes stress and anaxiety and lowers test. I am pretty sure the inflammation causes more hair loss then the slightly higher test.
this.

also I wouldn't say ash is highly anabolic

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Pumanator
So whats the final verdict bro, in english please

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and LifeIsACope
It works against hairloss if your hairloss is stress caused.
well can't it help against MPB too? wouldn't reducing inflammation on the scalp/hairline minimize hairloss too. so not just against stress related hairloss

well can't it help against MPB too? wouldn't reducing inflammation on the scalp/hairline minimize hairloss too. so not just against stress related hairloss
Hairloss is mostly caused by DHT and a little bit by T. That's the reason why lowering these hormones reduce hairloss the most. If the main reason was inflammation then everyone would be popping medicines and supplements to lower inflammation and stop hairloss.

Hairloss is mostly caused by DHT and a little bit by T. That's the reason why lowering these hormones reduce hairloss the most. If the main reason was inflammation then everyone would be popping medicines and supplements to lower inflammation and stop hairloss.
Bro obviously DHT is the main culprit. I'm on fin

But an inflamed scalp makes a worse environment for your hair follicles and will still further your hairloss even with less DHT.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
Bro obviously DHT is the main culprit. I'm on fin

But an inflamed scalp makes a worse environment for your hair follicles and will still further your hairloss even with less DHT.
Yeah agree with that DHT causes inflammation causing hairloss. That's the mechanism that causes it directly. So if you can stop that inflammation then It would stop hairloss without messing with hormones.
However as far as I know about reducing inflammation markers likestuff omega 3 and nac doesn't help that much, but haven't read any study or saw a high iq video that compare hormone blockers with inflammation reducer.

Would by interesting to research medicines that stops inflammation hardcore (if it excists) and how it stops hairloss.
I don't think its even possible stop the inflammation (for now atleast), but I need to find that out.
My point is that alot of people cope with I am balding and fishoil stops hairloss with a head massage and it would reduce my nw 3 to nw 1 and I want to stop that misinformation.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and stewiegriffin
Yeah agree with that DHT causes inflammation causing hairloss. That's the mechanism that causes it directly. So if you can stop that inflammation then It would stop hairloss without messing with hormones.
However as far as I know about reducing inflammation markers likestuff omega 3 and nac doesn't help that much, but haven't read any study or saw a high iq video that compare hormone blockers with inflammation reducer.

Would by interesting to research medicines that stops inflammation hardcore (if it excists) and how it stops hairloss.
I don't think its even possible stop the inflammation (for now atleast), but I need to find that out.
My point is that alot of people cope with I am balding and fishoil stops hairloss with a head massage and it would reduce my nw 3 to nw 1 and I want to stop that misinformation.
agreed my main point isn't that KSM66 is gonna cure somebody hairloss or something like that. This post is about if it will help or hurt hairloss. Id say if anything the reducing inflammation effect makes it atleast somewhat good for preventing hairloss, even if its by a tiny bit.

OP wants to buy ash but is worried about hairloss because of mild test boost so the answer is to just buy it and you won't worsen ur hairloss you'll prob make it a little better

• Love it
  • +1
No, lmao

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
People here who take Ashwaghanda, how much do you take and when? I was thinking 700mg before bed.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
why take at night unless for better sleep