Does CCW increase midface ratio?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
measured my midface ratio several times and it comes out as either 1 or 1.08

1 is the ideal and the further you get from it the worse.

so either way I would like to avoid increasing my midface ratio at all costs. however, I want to get Bimax CCW to decrease my lefort 1 advancement (and a blackpilled surgeon has suggested 5 degree CCW for me) but am worried that this will also result in an increase in my midface ratio by shortening the philtrum and maybe the length of the nose

what is everyone's thoughts on this?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Did you find out if it does? I'm looking into it for the opposite effect: I'd benefit from a bigger ratio.

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
Did you find out if it does? I'm looking into it for the opposite effect: I'd benefit from a bigger ratio.
There was a post here a while back of a guy who ascended by getting CW rotation with Arnett/Gunson

I’m pretty sure it made his midface slightly longer (only his philtrum though) so I think the opposite should happen with CCW rotation especially with anterior impaction (ie philtrum should get shorter) thus increasing midface ratio

If I understand this correctly the length of the middle third of the face can’t be changed, but the philtrum can be altered to some extent