Does it make sense to rent if I can buy?

D

Deleted member 10782

Silver
I live in London and I've been renting for many years. I never pulled the plug on buying property because it always felt like a huge investment and I don't know how long I'm gonna be in London for.

If I have enough capital to get a mortgage and buy, am I retarded for renting? Is there any advantage to renting compared as to buying? Should I just fuck it and buy?

I live in London and I've been renting for many years. I never pulled the plug on buying property because it always felt like a huge investment and I don't know how long I'm gonna be in London for.

If I have enough capital to get a mortgage and buy, am I retarded for renting? Is there any advantage to renting compared as to buying? Should I just fuck it and buy?

The benefit is if house prices collapse (which it will) , you won't be affected as a renter.

But renting is cucked,I'm waiting for house prices to collapse to begin my property portfolio. Don't buy anything now. If possible go and kuve with your parents and save up.

If you do get a house rent the all the spare rooms out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 10782
Bump. More opinions?

Really depends, on the long run always renting isn’t a good option but owning the property can also have negatives. It all depends on the property and the area around it.

House prices in London are cucked

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13994 and amorfati

Buying property is like ending your youth. If you have property you have to stay.
If that's fine for you and youfeel like you've experienced enough andit's time to grow up go for it, if not then dont. I perosnally would never buy unless I have shitton of money. Freedom si more important to me. It's more pricey for sure tho

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Stingray and Deleted member 14280
Wouldn't buy anything in london, the land is inflated as hell. You're forced to rent living in that 3rd world dump. The best answer is to live somewhere where land is cheap and buy. I got my house for less than 150k, good luck getting that in london.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and amorfati

• +1
Reactions: Stingray
why are people still living in london?

This video is good. I’ve seen similar analysis.

Personally I would only buy if I wanted to own the property. Not as an investment.

Buy Nasdaq and S&P 500 ETFs with the down payment money and continue to rent

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
This video is good. I’ve seen similar analysis.

Personally I would only buy if I wanted to own the property. Not as an investment.

Buy Nasdaq and S&P 500 ETFs with the down payment money and continue to rent
I would only buy, if I know I want to stay in that house/place for at least 10 years or more. It's not imo an investment, it's an unavoidable thing one needs, housing.

• +1
Reactions: Stingray
why are people still living in london?
Because people come where other people are, even if that place is a complete shithole, they still go there just because it's crowded...

Really depends on which stage in your life you are. I had the money to buy a house but decided against it because I don't want to be tied down to a place yet.

This ist not a question for a forum like this.

Buying isent a investment. But if you know you will stay there for long you should think about it

i used to own a place, it was a major pain in the ass

if you like having some spending money, go shops or whatever.. u can kiss that goodbye

renting has a major cashflow advantage and when you think about it ....

who wants to spend 30 years paying off something only to die and leave it behind ???

• +1
rent free in ur peanut skull

Really depends on which stage in your life you are. I had the money to buy a house but decided against it because I don't want to be tied down to a place yet.

yea i can move anywhere in the city anytime i like. if you own u need to throw out the tenants, find an agent, pay ad fees and agent fees, wait ages, then finally sell and buy somewhere else. where i live the tax on buying a property is usually about $50,000 !!!

• +1