Does maxillary expansion necessarily lead to less cheekbone definition?

unlucko

unlucko

become god
Proxy image

Was palatal expansion a looksmin here with regards to bone structure, widening his face and subsq lowering cheekbone definition? Or did he just gain BF, or am I blind?

his palate seemed fine before?

No, it doesn't. I did MSE years ago and still nothing, the two factors are unrelated.

Copy paste from a convo I had with another user:

if you don't understand why a wider palate can make having hollow cheeks harder in theory look at this photo
and imagine him with a wider palate and the way it influences alevolar bone support and its effect from the outside.
Furthermore a lot of male models have narrow palates. And people after SARPE; but not MSE (due to expansion also at times being at the upper maxilla widening bizygomatic width) reporting experiencing loss of hollow cheek look, due to their alevolar bone being wider and the effect it has on soft tissue

Last edited:
Copy paste from a convo I had with another user:

if you don't understand why a wider palate can make having hollow cheeks harder in theory look at this photo and imagine him with a wider palate and the way it influences alevolar bone support and its effect from the outside.
Furthermore a lot of male models have narrow palates, and people after SARPE; but not MSE (due to expansion also at times being at the upper maxilla widening bizygomatic width) reporting experiencing loss of hollow cheek look, due to their alevolar bone being wider and the effect it has on soft tissue
cant view img

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad