Does the genetic component of addiction play a big role?

try2beme

try2beme

Gaslighters.org
Or is it not that significant?

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
it does

• +1
Reactions: High Cortisol Chad, Abhorrence and try2beme
yes some people have dopamine spike chasing brains

i do too so i will never try hard drugs

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
For sure it does. I've tried 24+ different recreational drugs and never had any problem with addiction but all of the people I've tried them with were addicted to at least one substance for some period, some ruined their lives. It extends to more areas of life and is not all good. I don't even enjoy eating food that much, nor enjoy buying stuff etc. My brain is like anti addiction, low desire in general low dopamine

• +1
Reactions: try2beme and Abhorrence
For sure it does. I've tried 24+ different recreational drugs and never had any problem with addiction but all of the people I've tried them with were addicted to at least one substance for some period, some ruined their lives. It extends to more areas of life and is not all good. I don't even enjoy eating food that much, nor enjoy buying stuff etc. My brain is like anti addiction, low desire in general low dopamine
you are probably high dopamine not low
your baseline is high so you dont have to resort to dopamine spiking stuff

• Hmm...
Reactions: High Cortisol Chad
you are probably high dopamine not low
your baseline is high so you dont have to resort to dopamine spiking stuff
Could be, I don't know much about this topic

A recreational dose of amphetamine, if I don't have any tolerance (which I build very fast), makes me an extremely energetic sex addict for a few hours + gives me huge confidence boost. It does work very well on me, exactly like one would expect 1000% dopamine spike would work. I don't know what that indicates.

The thing is also that I'm very aversive in general like I can take MDMA, feel high great and all that.. but it only takes one thing I don't like about that high, like for example I was clenching my jaw too much, and it just makes me not want to take anymore

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence