Every moment spent thinking of the past keeps you trapped in it.

You don't get sad thinking about love in the past? Knowing you may never have those experiences again, will never be with that person , always be alone, die alone, and are alone right now?
There are two approaches to good memories
One is reliving how good it felt and you were lucky enough for it to actually happen
Other being sad that you will never experience them again

Your body moves past an event instantly. But your mind can be stuck there forever…

Every moment spent thinking of the past keeps you trapped in it.

Does a cat or dog worry about when it falls over and stumbles? No, it picks itself up and then continues on being a cat or dog. Only the human is conscious enough to have the folly to punish themselves in their minds over and over again for the same mistake. Most if not all of our mental anguish is due to worry about circumstances or situations that have previously happened or never will happen.

Once something is in the past, there is no need to relive it. It is gone, and now only exists as a figment of your imagination.

On a biological level your brain cannot perceive the difference between real events and imagined events - because all experience is in the mind.

If you re-imagine/remember stressful or bad situations of your past, your brain thinks you are going through it once more. Those same emotions and chemicals flood the system as if it was all happening over again. You should understand how this can be repeated and thus cemented into a pattern of thinking.

Conversely, you can imagine a positive and wonderful event or experience that hasn’t yet happened. Your brain perceives that as truth regardless, and aligns the chemicals and neurons in your body to that which happens in real life. Continued use of positive visualisation raises your body’s vibrations to a level which matches that of the perceived positive event, maximising the chances that the event manifests into reality.

It is imperative that you consciously monitor what you are spending your time thinking of - because you are directing energy to that reality.

Awareness is the first step to avoiding pain. Now that you are aware of the folly of mentally reliving past negative experiences, you can choose to leave that in the past where it belongs, and experience the beauty of the present moment and build a better future.

We are here to learn from each other and have fun along the way. Do not beat yourself up about the past, but become aware and learn from it so that you can have the future you deserve.
Bro, really needed to hear this. I'm done with the fucking past. Time to move on

• +1
Reactions: LOST18yearold
Bumping this, good thread, hard to apply tho

no past for ur face

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Atem Rah and Deleted member 16369
this is actually quite good

thanks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
i consistently remind myself for the past for the mistakes i made decision i made how good it was etc.