Face peeling after Tretinoin

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
My face is peeling and flaking off after 3 days of using Tretinoin. Feels like I have a sunburn or something. Stopped using it and been applying face moisturizer all day and still not helping. Any ways to get around this? I desperately need the improved minoxidil gains from Tretinoin.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
I don't use tretinoin but I heard you are supposed to apply it every other day before you go to bed. Initially your skin will be exceptionally sensitive to it, so I would use it sparingly initially.

Maybe just use it every 3 days until your skin adjusts to it.

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
You used too strong retin a. Start with weakest one and don't let sun hit you and do it gradually (not daily) until skin adapts

• +1
Reactions: ManzareK
you need to power through this phase. It will burn, peel, irritate etc. Using it too inconsistently will make this phase longer. Try to use a little every 2 days, and then daily. Especially if you're purging (acne), you need to use it consistently. And never get off unless you wanna repeat this painful phase

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
you need to power through this phase. It will burn, peel, irritate etc. Using it too inconsistently will make this phase longer. Try to use a little every 2 days, and then daily. Especially if you're purging (acne), you need to use it consistently. And never get off unless you wanna repeat this painful phase
I was using it everyday. Makes sense, will switch to once every 2 days. I have minimal acne, just want to have better results from Minoxidil.
You used too strong retin a. Start with weakest one and don't let sun hit you and do it gradually (not daily) until skin adapts
I'm using 0.05%. Been using face lotion combined with spf 30 sunscreen in it.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
I was using it everyday. Makes sense, will switch to once every 2 days. I have minimal acne, just want to have better results from Minoxidil.

use a lower concentration

use a lower concentration
Don't want to go any lower. 0.05% is the standard dose. I'll just use less of it every other day until I'm used to it.

I had a thread about this aswell. What helped me was the following routine:

In the morning:
- Wash face
- Apply moisturizer

In the evening (before going to bed):
- Wash your face
- Use a cleanser
- Wait a couple of minutes, so it dries up
- Apply Retin-A
- Wait 30 minutes
- Apply moisturizer
- Apply some kind of occlusive.

This has helped me significantly in dealing with the peeling.
Also, only use Retin-A every other day. Not every day.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725