Finasteride can fuck your gums up

Andros

Andros

Kraken
Finasteride adverse effects and post-finasteride syndrome; implications for dentists

We intend to present in this study several oral adverse effects encountered during finasteride administration, represented by mild and moderate signs which generally responded to topical procedures without to require the stop of the drug administration

Recent studies show that finasteride side effects can occur at the level of oral cavity too, in the form of various signs and symptoms (erythema, purpura, gingival hypertrophy)

The study group taking finasteride was represented by eighty four subjects with androgenic alopecia, who received the drug 1 mg daily, six month or more.

On our sample, the most notable adverse effects encountered during therapeutic phase were as follow: depression (8,33%), gastrointestinal disturbances (5,95%), decreased libido (7,14%) and erectile dysfunction (2,38%). At four months after finasteride cessation, the “post-finasteride” syndrome was represented by depression (4,76%), erectile dysfunction (1,19%) and ejaculation disorders (2,38%).

The gingivo-parodontal lesions were encountered during finasteride administration at 21,42% subjects: 6 with mucosal pallor, 5 with erythema, 3 with purpura, 2 with periodontal inflammation, and 2 with gingival hypertrophy. Excepting the two patients with gingival hypertrophy who required discontinuation of finasteride to be ameliorated (regressing totally in less than three months after finasteride cessation), the other oral lesions were treated through specific/ local procedures, without to be necessary to stop the finasteride administration.

Conversion of testosterone to DHT is increased in gingival inflammation. Yet, DHT is considered to be an important stimulator of fibroblast activity. Starting from these findings, some authors suggested that finasteride can be used in the form of topical application (in a suitable vehicle) to partially block the proliferation of fibroblast hyperplasia following phenytoin administration.

Testosterone-specific receptors have been isolated from periodontal tissue levels. The number of receptors in the gingival fibroblasts tends to increase inflammation or gingival hyperplasia. At the gingival level, testosterone stimulates the matrix synthesis via osteoblasts and fibroblasts from periodontal ligament, stimulates the proliferation and differentiation of osteoblasts, reduce the production of IL-6 during inflammation through inhibition of prostaglandin, increase the concentration of osteoprotegerin. As a conclusion, finasteride adverse effects encountered on our sample at the level of marginal periodontium could be the consequences of a direct finasteride action, and possible indirect consequences of subsequent androgenic interferences.

• +1
Reactions: lutte
fini pour fincels @itisogre @MarkCorrigan

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7044
So what? Literally nothing in life is worse than losing your hair.

I would keep taking finasteride even if I had every single of these side-effects.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7224, Salludon, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
Dnr, keep coping for fin

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 7044
So what? Literally nothing in life is worse than losing your hair.

I would keep taking finasteride even if I had every single of these side-effects.
Extremely based and hairpilled
Hair is your life people say “Muh finasteride causes depression” as if anything is more suicide inducing than going bald especially young

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee, Deleted member 7224, Salludon and 2 others
I'm not coping. I'm on fin too. I'm convinced fin is gonna fuck a lot of us up long term.
fin has been in the market since 1992, these issues would have been highlighted a lot more if that were the case
ashton kutcher was on dut for 15 years and had no sides

I'm not coping. I'm on fin too. I'm convinced fin is gonna fuck a lot of us up long term.
If you go by this mindset its definitely gonna fuck you up due to Nocebo Effect.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
fin has been in the market since 1992, these issues would have been highlighted a lot more if that were the case
ashton kutcher was on dut for 15 years and had no sides
Merck lied in their studies and keep a lot of things hidden. Ashton is a celebrity he is not gonna say his dick is limp if he got sides.

Finasteride