Fixing asymmetry from false mewing?

PjSon

PjSon

Iron
How does one fix his asymmetry which he got from mewing during a growth spurt?

If one was able to induce a second growth spurt, how would he go about fixing the asymmetry?
Would tongue chewing more on the worse side help?

Also, do you guys think muscle shortening plays into such a thing?
My zygomaticus muscle twitches on the better looking side when I blink, that has been going on for the last 6 years perhaps, might this have also made my one side better looking ?

Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: With false mewing i meant not putting even pressure onto the palate and mainly just chewing with 1 side

Last edited:
false mewing? what do you mean by that?

false mewing? what do you mean by that?
Well, I think it was a mixure of not put even pressure on the palate and mostly just chewing on one side.

Asymmetry is usually due to a palate imbalance (if the palate was split in half along the true center of the face one side would be wider than the other), missing teeth on one side of the face, or improper jaw development due to lack of muscle usage (chewing only on one side). I have all of these problems, to make up for it I have switched to chewing mostly on the worse side, I do facepulling with rubber bands looped through paperclips attached to my braces (you can attach hooks to orthodontic retainers if you do not have braces) using a shorter and stronger band on my worse side, and also using a palate expander.

• +1
Reactions: HorseFace
Asymmetry is usually due to a palate imbalance (if the palate was split in half along the true center of the face one side would be wider than the other), missing teeth on one side of the face, or improper jaw development due to lack of muscle usage (chewing only on one side). I have all of these problems, to make up for it I have switched to chewing mostly on the worse side, I do facepulling with rubber bands looped through paperclips attached to my braces (you can attach hooks to orthodontic retainers if you do not have braces) using a shorter and stronger band on my worse side, and also using a palate expander.
How long have you been doing it for? And any noticeable results?

* How long have you been chewing for on your worse side?

• +1
Reactions: HorseFace
How long have you been doing it for? And any noticeable results?

* How long have you been chewing for on your worse side?
Yeah my right side looks way better, it is now equivalent to what my left side was before I started mewing although it lags behind just a tad because I also have been improving the left side a little too fast to balance it out. I started chewing on my right side by about the time I joined looksmax so late august I think?
no probably before that, maybe early july