GLUCOSAMINE STUNTS GROWTH? OPENPLATECEL HEIGHTMAXXERS GTFIH

TeenAscender

TeenAscender

6’2 manlet won’t stop until T5 Uni and 5.5PSL
GLUCOSAMINE INHIBITS IGF-1?!

"An overnight exposure to glucosamine markedly attenuated the effects of insulin and IGF-I in stimulating glycogen synthesis. ... Exposure to glucosamine also resulted in a reduction in the ability of IGF-I or insulin to stimulate phosphorylation of insulin IGF-I/HRs."

We know glucosamine may or may not help with closedplate cels due to glucosamine's ability to facilitate cartilage hypertrophy and prevent disc related daily height loss, but for someone like me whose a teen taking it would it actually inhibit growth b/c it inhibits IGF-1 (idrkif simulating phosphorylation of insulin IGF-1 is what facilitates bone growth so plz lmk in the thread)

:feelswhy: if I might've been voluntarily stunting my growth for 3 weeks

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mvp2v1, SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 14262 and 1 other person
Those three weeks were the difference between being 6'2 and 4'11.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zura, m0ss26, nayb and 16 others

"An overnight exposure to glucosamine markedly attenuated the effects of insulin and IGF-I in stimulating glycogen synthesis. ... Exposure to glucosamine also resulted in a reduction in the ability of IGF-I or insulin to stimulate phosphorylation of insulin IGF-I/HRs."

We know glucosamine may or may not help with closedplate cels due to glucosamine's ability to facilitate cartilage hypertrophy and prevent disc related daily height loss, but for someone like me whose a teen taking it would it actually inhibit growth b/c it inhibits IGF-1 (idrkif simulating phosphorylation of insulin IGF-1 is what facilitates bone growth so plz lmk in the thread)

just take gluco and stretch before you have any important function, easy 1-1.5 inch boost

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
just take gluco and stretch before you have any important function, easy 1-1.5 inch boost
what stretches do u recommend?

and what abt OP? of gluco inhibiting igf-1?

Does chondroitin do the same ?

Oral glucosamine with routine dosage was safe in our non-diabetic patients with osteoarthritis and had no significant effect on glucose metabolism and insulin resistance. Dunno about igf-1 tho

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife
would msm have a similar effect?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
what? i thought glucosamine iblncreased height. i was about to order more. im so confused now

>new study comes out
>looksmax is a looksmin
>new study comes out
>looksmin is actually a looksmax
:feelsohgod:

• JFL
Reactions: zura and 5.5psl
>new study comes out
>looksmax is a looksmin
>new study comes out
>looksmin is actually a looksmax
:feelsohgod:
so gluco is safe for teens?

so gluco is safe for teens?
If u can inject igf1+inuslin,then it's good, otherwise it's not.

It impairs the insulin receptors and igf1 receptors which can hamper height gains,so i don't recommend it in puberty

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26092

2014 & 2018 studies show glucosamine promoting osteoblasts as well. New bone along with new cartilage.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: GigaAscender, gribsufer1 and Jigen

That’s why I just take It in the morning.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt
So you'd say it's totally safe to take and wouldn't affect growth at all?
He can’t tell you that for sure, but try to take it as early as possible so it doesn’t affect the GH release you get when sleeping

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend

2014 & 2018 studies show glucosamine promoting osteoblasts as well. New bone along with new cartilage.
gluco also increases wnt, which is proliferative for resting zone chondrocytes and osteoblasts, so that probably balances out with the lower IGF-1. Wnt is probably more important tbh. If you megadose HGH + IGF-1, i’m sure gluco is fine since it increases chondrogenesis so should delay senescence in theory.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend