H.A. Experience

Cardiologyscribe

Cardiologyscribe

Cop
2 years ago is when I had my Heart-A-You-Know-What and I'm ready to share what in all happened with that. Usually ashamed to talk about it because I wasn't in the best shape when it happened to me so I know everyone's thinking fatty deserves having diabetes and a H.A.

I was 64 and a few months from retiring off the crab boat, woke up feeling like it was a off day but nothing felt bad or hurting. Just felt weaker and weaker for the next hours until that afternoon felt the worst pain in my life like I was being crushed by a semi truck on my chest arms and neck and I was gasping for air . I actually fell out of my chair and knocked over everything on my desk on the way down cause I knew I was having a massive H.A. and luckily one of my men heard the commotion. We were 80 miles from shore so coast guard helicopter came out. They said if it was bad weather they wouldn't fly I would be dead for sure.

I got that needle in my arm from their medics and they put,e to sleep to give me a breathing tube I don't remember anything after that just being in my office e seeing them all come in and I th ought for sure I was about to die and I wasn't ready. It was the scarest moment of my life even though I almost died on the seas before and WAS NOT SCARED (Sea Storms, that boat has taken me to hell and back 3x) something about dying like THAT was terrifying the horrible pain and panic of everyone was really horrifying. I can't describe how terrifying it was . I've gotten ready to die and thought for sure I was but when I had my H.A. I was NOT ready I was fighting to breath and mentally struggling just to stay awake until the helicopter got there and that felt like hours I was not letting myself die if I could control it . Yes they landed right on deck my crew was throwing all the crab traps in the water to make enough room.

I woke up in intensive care with tubes down my nose and wind pipe , it's in my arm and a tube going straight in my shoulder that was direct to my heart. Later that day they could pull the tube and I wanted to go home but was too weak to even walk 10 steps without running out of air and I'm still gasping from walking a flight of stairs,

It made me retire 4.5 months early since I can't risk being on a boat and having another H.A. It really change your perspective, I have to ALWAYS keep my cell phone on my belt incase I have any other and I've called 911 couple of times since then but no H.A. just being safe.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: .👽.
And yes it made me think twice about getting seconds and eating all that grease and sugar. I lost almost a hundred pounds after tried to get healthy for 2 years which worked until I found blackpill and stopped caring

It s such a bad memory I never step foot in my quarters again I had my girlfriend of the time get my stuff . The company that owns the fleet & seafood processing sent gifts and there were helium balloons taking up the intensive care it was a nice thing to wake up seeing that and they let me retire earl y

I was like a cell phone when the battery is on 1% and it's so close to shutting down you don't know if you can get it on the charger quick enough before it shuts down on u. That's how I felt.

• JFL
Reactions: Administrator