has anyone of yall read the book gullivers travels?

shikataganai

shikataganai

Iron
I remember reading it last year and change my mind but I still feel like on the island Lilliput they partly live in a way more advanced/beneficial
society than we have in most countries today

examples:

Children (besides those of farmers and laborers) are taken away from their parents and raised and educated in public nurseries that are gender seperated
-> eliminates inequality and prevents the terribly raised children that we often have as many parents dont care about their children nowadays

2. When referring to political office, in Lilliput they chose politicians with good morals over the ones with good formal education. In the book, they justify this, by saying that the mistakes made by people with worse formal education will never outweigh the intrigues of people with bad intentions (only want money/status etc.).
-> politicians may become more trusted by the public as they stand for the common good

3. They got severe punishment for fraud, because for example from theft you can often protect yourself with common sense but
fraud just damages the honest people which may result in them turning dishonest themselves.

Flaws in their society/island: the king wants the bureaucrats to do gay tricks on a string, their religion is about how eggs should be broken,
their whole race consists of giga manlets (theyre 6in/15cm tall) + they got a social credit like system where you get awards when you abide by the law