Homosexuality is most likely caused by a pathogen

metagross

metagross

Sphinx
This is the only thing that makes evolutionary sense. It's way too common to be just mutational pressure. - We also don’t see syndromic versions, as we would then.

Identical twins are usually discordant (a good 75% of the time), and it's bad on reproductive fitness. There is no way it is adaptive: the helpful gay uncle, group selection, etc, these are in a range from impossible to bloody unlikely.

The most likely explanation for homosexuality is a pathogen. Many smart people (e.g.: Bill Hamilton, Alan Grafen, Mike Bailey, etc.) think it makes sense aswell.

One model – not the only model based on a pathogen, but a reasonable one – leans on some natural examples. For example narcolepsy. We know that narcolepsy happens when a particular kind of neuron, concentrated in a little region in the hypothalamus, somehow gets zapped. - 99% of narcolepsy cases happen in the 25% of the population that has a particular HLA type – which suggests that something, probably a virus, triggers an overenthusiastic immune response that zaps a neuron subpopulation that produce a particular neurotransmitter (called hypocretin or orexin) that regulates appetite and sleep patterns. And it doesn’t really do anything else, because narcoleptics aren’t stupid. Now, suppose there’s a neuron subpopulation that performs a key function in male sexual desire: Some pathogen wipes out that subpopulation, and boom, you now like dicks

• +1
Reactions: n0rthface, alriodai and Deleted member 15338
Homosexuality is caused by psychological problems and sexual retardation.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: n0rthface, DivineBeing, Deleted member 15338 and 1 other person
Not enough evidence, i think it is a combination of things like prenatal hormones, pubertal hormones and childhood traumas. There are so many fucked up fetishes, like cuckolding or scat fetish, homosexuality is no different than them.

• +1
Reactions: JL~, Elvisandreaa, SAR and 3 others
Not enough evidence, i think it is a combination of things like prenatal hormones, pubertal hormones and childhood traumas. There are so many fucked up fetishes, like cuckolding or scat fetish, homosexuality is no different than them.
Yes, it is not proven, but I think it makes the most evolutionary sense. Everthing else seems very unlikely.
I am speaking from an evolutionary point of view btw.

• +1
Reactions: n0rthface
nah it's probably prenatal environment

the problem with your theory is that as far as I'm aware people don't randomly wake up one day and decide they like dicks. gay people are gay for long as they can remember, or at least from the onset of puberty

Looksmax defies science once more, no surprise there

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: DarkLooks and TsarTsar444
Looksmax defies science once more, no surprise there
Scientists don't know what causes homosexuality either, but the people I mentioned think it makes sense aswell.

Scientists don't know what causes homosexuality either, but the people I mentioned think it makes sense aswell.
Trust the experts :soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:

• JFL
Reactions: SAR
Should I eat Chinese or perhaps a Steak? Both are walking distance from my Hotel. Hmm. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• E93E34D0-F0AA-450E-ACF0-7A4FEF33C04D.jpeg
    E93E34D0-F0AA-450E-ACF0-7A4FEF33C04D.jpeg
    860.1 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back