How did DBDR get popular?

thecel

thecel

morph king
Imagine a dude comes up with the incredible idea to start a YouTube channel on which he talks about his shitty life as he plays a video game. Isn’t that a laughable idea that’ll absolutely get zero subscribers?

How did DBDR make it?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: TheDragon, lightskinbengali, Deleted member 19036 and 7 others
i've never heard of him and you're saying he "made it"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Deleted member 19453, Deleted member 24117 and 4 others

"popular"

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Deleted member 6128, Deleted member 19453 and 7 others

12 thousand subscribers

Considering that his channel essentially is a dude taking about his shit life over some gameplay footage, 12K subs is a major achievement.

Anyone who knows anything about YouTube wouldn’t expect that type of channel to get 50 subscribers in 10 years.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036 and Deleted member 1851
I have a feeling everything he says is LARP. Listen to his voice etc, he probably has decent development of jaws and good muscle tone. There's zero bitterness when he recounts his shitty anecdotes and LARP stories, even Wheat Waffles sounded like he wanted to kill his parents when he was describing how Chad stole his oneitis in a week.

TLDR: Chad (DBDR) always wins.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Deleted member 5815, gribsufer1 and 9 others
Voice halo

• +1
Reactions: shogrim, Pogin_chan, Lookologist003 and 7 others
Voice halo

Yeah, but a good voice can’t ascend a dogshit channel concept to 12K subs. Like imagine what if a random ass gaming channel has a good voice—it wouldn’t help much.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: rand anon and Deleted member 18879
Yeah, but a good voice can’t ascend a dogshit channel concept to 12K subs. Like imagine if a random ass gaming channel has a good voice—it wouldn’t help much.
He made the channel when the blackpill got popular, so chances are he lucked out with algorithm +voice halo so he developed a decent fanbase

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Deleted member 23554, fauxfox and 2 others
Yeah, but a good voice can’t ascend a dogshit channel concept to 12K subs. Like imagine if a random ass gaming channel has a good voice—it wouldn’t help much.
He made the channel when the blackpill got popular, so chances are he lucked out with algorithm +voice halo so he developed a decent fanbase
Plus many of his viewers are living vicariously through him, they're invested in him and want him to ascend cause it provides some lifefuel for themselves too

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Deleted member 18879 and thecel
shit channel tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, thecel and Deleted member 18244
shit channel tbh
I used to listen to it when I was feeling down but it was just to prove to myself that there are bigger losers out there

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 1851
Voice and stories containing girls/social experinces

• +1
Reactions: thecel
He blew up cuz of his chadfishing videos.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19036 and thecel
I used to listen to it when I was feeling down but it was just to prove to myself that there are bigger losers out there
chad mindset

• JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 18244

tfw dbdr lifemogs you

he lifemogs me

I listen to dbdr to get into a seethingly hateful mood

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, BigBundaSlapper and Deleted member 18244
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19036 and thecel
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, TeenAscender and Deleted member 18244
JBW

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, incel194012940 and thecel
12 thousand subscribers

Considering that his channel essentially is a dude taking about his shit life over some gameplay footage, 12K subs is a major achievement.

Anyone who knows anything about YouTube wouldn’t expect that type of channel to get 50 subscribers in 10 years.
12k subs is meaningless and his content is likely not even monetizable and if it was it would bring him pocket change his audience is extremely niche

thecel if u commited a month to making a bunch of tiktok accounts with the sole purpose of getting 10k+ followerts u could do it

Last edited:
  • Woah
tfw dbdr lifemogs you

he lifemogs me

I listen to dbdr to get into a seethingly hateful mood
describe ur life story

• +1
I have a feeling everything he says is LARP. Listen to his voice etc, he probably has decent development of jaws and good muscle tone. There's zero bitterness when he recounts his shitty anecdotes and LARP stories, even Wheat Waffles sounded like he wanted to kill his parents when he was describing how Chad stole his oneitis in a week.

TLDR: Chad (DBDR) always wins.
JFL AT THIS BLACKPILL YOU THINK JUST LIKE FOIDS

SOME FOIDS WHO HAS NOT SEEN MY FACE HEARD MY IN A CALL AND THOUGHT I WAS GIGACHAD CAUSE OF VOICE THEN SAW ME AND WAS DISAPPOINTED IN FACE

ITS BRUTAL RBO

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 18879, thecel and Deleted member 19157
JFL AT THIS BLACKPILL YOU THINK JUST LIKE FOIDS

SOME FOIDS WHO HAS NOT SEEN MY FACE HEARD MY IN A CALL AND THOUGHT I WAS GIGACHAD CAUSE OF VOICE THEN SAW ME AND WAS DISAPPOINTED IN FACE

ITS BRUTAL RBO
when u gonna pm me facepics brorbro

• Woah
Very good stories teller.
Goof voice.

• +1
consistency

• JFL
literally just commentary videos but instead of reacting to shitty videos he's talking about his shitty life in blackpill niche.

I'm not even surprised

• JFL
Reactions: gribsufer1 and thecel
consistency

Biggest YouTube cope.

:soy: Brooo you’re not getting views because you don’t upload at least one video per 168 hours (7 days) ! :soy: Start uploading on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays always precisely at 6:00 p.m. in your audience’s most common timezone! Brooo! :soy:

Yeah, but a good voice can’t ascend a dogshit channel concept to 12K subs. Like imagine what if a random ass gaming channel has a good voice—it wouldn’t help much.
Look up "Corpse" on YouTube thank me later

• +1
Biggest YouTube cope.

:soy: Brooo you’re not getting views because you don’t upload at least one video per 168 hours (7 days) ! :soy: Start uploading on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays always precisely at 6:00 p.m. in your audience’s most common timezone! Brooo! :soy:
no that literally what he did is spam these videos and eventually it built up an audience and his content is decent and has good watch time because he plans out his plots and adds side stories and makes it interesting

• +1
consistency
Biggest YouTube cope.

Tbh, consistency moggs.
Because you will get good at it, due to that.
One will develop skill that way

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 16133
East coast accent + voice mogger + coherent speech = views.

• +1
Good voice + talent for telling stories + very noticing of details

• +1
Imagine a dude comes up with the incredible idea to start a YouTube channel on which he talks about his shitty life as he plays a video game. Isn’t that a laughable idea that’ll absolutely get zero subscribers?

How did DBDR make it?
same way amouranth and a bunch of boring personality and talent less people got popular. just be first in whatever developing space or industry you're in.

• Hmm...

How did DBDR make it?
There's a thousand story time channels just like his. It's a popular genre of videos.

• JFL
misery loves company. losers love commiserating with other losers. same with normies and vlogs. imagine some recessed deformed fggot like casey neisat making millions from filming himself doing stupid shit every day. who the fuck would watch that? other recessed coping normies that's who

• +1
his videos are funny and entertaining

• +1
his videos are funny and entertaining

Doesn’t explain why he got popular. I’ve watched many funny and entertaining videos made by channels that have fewer than 500 subs.

Doesn’t explain why he got popular. I’ve watched many funny and entertaining videos made by channels that have fewer than 500 subs.
he's the best out of all the blackpill storytellers i know

• +1
How the fuck can a *blackpill storyteller* get even 1 fucking subscriber?!?
by having other blackpillers relate to what he has to say

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 23554
by having other blackpillers relate to what he has to say

HOW DO THOSE BLACKPILLERS FIND HIS CHANNEL IN THE 1ST PLACE IF IT STARTS WITH 0 SUBS.

If you or me or anyone here made a fucking blackpill storytime channel do you think they could get views?

• Hmm...
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
HOW DO THOSE BLACKPILLERS FIND HIS CHANNEL IN THE 1ST PLACE IF IT STARTS WITH 0 SUBS.

If you or me or anyone here made a fucking blackpill storytime channel do you think they could get views?
how do you find any channel with 0 subs?

if we did it well then yea we'd get views. there's a bunch of channels like dbdr's but i think his is the biggest because he delivers it in a way that even some non-blackpillers find it relatable.

there's not much to it tbh. even your channel has a few hundred subs, doesn't it?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and thecel
how do you find any channel with 0 subs?

If the algorithm recommends it. And YouTube does the opposite of recommend blackpill channels; it suppresses/hides/censors blackpill videos.

You made it sound like he made gaming content and just happened to be talking about his life throughout

But i looked at his channel and it looks like he makes blackpill content that just so happens to have a game as a backdrop.

Very different things, blackpill is a niche and if he dropped at the right time it makes perfect sense how he got subs