How did yall find an ortho for jaw surgery?

F

freshprince

Iron
I’ve got bimax scheduled in 2 months and I’m trying to find an ortho that 1) will coopoerate with an orthognatic surgeon in a different country and 2) will use invisalign

Supposedly it is possible to use invisalign for jaw surgery (https://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/2019/05/06/una-ortognatica-con-invisalign-es-posible/) and when I brought it up at the consultation with my surgeon he said it was fine, but he wasn’t bananas about the idea.

Has anyone actually done it? How did it work? What kind of anchoring hardware was put on your teeth before the operation? Did the ortho put it on or the surgeon?

I need to find an ortho ASAP in time for the operation. Anyone that got jaw surgery with an ortho in a major European city, please DM me your ortho. I’m obviously gonna check all the options in my city, but I’m willing to travel. I’m particularly considering Eastern Europe cause it’s a bit cheaper they’re more likely to just comply with my request and not question the need for the operation and why I'm doing it abroad etc.

Plz help me, I’m gonna post before and after and I’m gonna ascend hard cause I’m literally handsome with just one flaw, namely my jaw.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
What surgeon and what country do you live in?

Going abroad for the actual surgery is fine imo

But the orthodontist should really be in your own country just for practical reasons in most cases

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad