How do you get orthodontists to formulate a surgery plan with maxfac surgeons abroad?

mulattomaxxer

mulattomaxxer

NEED £40,000 TO ASCEND.
I have a consultation with a UK ortho next week. Ultimately I would prefer to have an orthodonist near me for multiple reasons. However from what I have researched, orthodonists tend to only want to coordinate with maxfac surgeons they are familliar with. People here talk about the best jaw surgeons, but there is almost no discussion about the braces aspect of the treatment plan.

I need assistance going forward. Can I just ask X Maxfac surgeon (probably Raffaini, Rameiri, Alfano or Zarrinbal. I was supposed to consult with Zarrinbal on 1st october but I will have to reschedule for a later date) to formulate a surgery plan with Y orthodonist, or am I misunderstanding how the surgery process occurs? Do I just get braces then get jaw surgery when my teeth are straight? Side note I will need palate expansion before braces. My upper palate is very narrow.

Help would be appreciated :). I will also post pictures in a new thread once I have got X-rays and a CT scan.

• +1
Reactions: Real, ChristianChad, coolguy1 and 3 others
Tagging Jaw surgery people. @Acromegaly_Chad @SixCRY @LooksOverAll @JosephGarrot123 @Gaia262 @spain @coolguy1

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
Most orthodontists are bluepilled af. I went to an orthodontist a few weeks ago and he wanted to use compensation orthodontics to disguise my underbite and crossbite. He showed me a bunch of before and after pictures of guys who were clearly severe class 3 with straight teeth and acted like it was some sort of success story despite them looking like literal retards with underbites. When I said they still looked the same, he said that my other option was to bring my low jaw back. I told him I would look worse if I did that and just asked him for a referral to a maxfac so I could talk to him instead. Most orthodontists only care about making your teeth straight and don't care about the aesthetic implications.

I would get a referral to go to a maxfac to see their surgery plan then see what orthodontists they work with.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member, Deleted member 13137 and 1 other person
It depends, in most cases you need braces before surgery. It's mandatory to find an ortho who is willing to prepare you for the desired treatment, if you have to force him better don't start with him in the first place.
Best is to go to a surgeon who will then refer you to a blackpilled ortho.
The other way round you will have to go through a month long shit show including varuous consults with bluepilled shit tard orthos.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and mulattomaxxer
Most orthodontists are bluepilled af. I went to an orthodontist a few weeks ago and he wanted to use compensation orthodontics to disguise my underbite and crossbite. He showed me a bunch of before and after pictures of guys who were clearly severe class 3 with straight teeth and acted like it was some sort of success story despite them looking like literal retards with underbites. When I said they still looked the same, he said that my other option was to bring my low jaw back. I told him I would look worse if I did that and just asked him for a referral to a maxfac so I could talk to him instead. Most orthodontists only care about making your teeth straight and don't care about the aesthetic implications.

I would get a referral to go to a maxfac to see their surgery plan then see what orthodontists they work with.
You should have said that you have sleep apnea, and you have to sleep with a machine hooked up everynight. Moving jaw backwards would make you suffocate at night.

Most orthodontists are bluepilled af. I went to an orthodontist a few weeks ago and he wanted to use compensation orthodontics to disguise my underbite and crossbite. He showed me a bunch of before and after pictures of guys who were clearly class 3 with straight teeth and acted like it was some sort of success story despite them looking like literal retards with underbites. When I said they still looked the same, he said that my other option was to bring my low jaw back. I told him I would look worse if I did that and just asked him for a referral to a maxfac so I could talk to him instead. Most orthodontists only care about making your teeth straight and don't care about the aesthetic implications.

This is my "fear" tbh. Going to an orthodontist that just wants to use camoflauge orthodontics for an easy fix. Or consulting with a maxfac surgeon that only does linear movements. Although I have enough knowledge to see throught their methods.

Telling somebody they can "fix" their teeth for £3000 with braces and a couple of extractions sounds alot more appealing then telling them they have to pay £25,000 for an invasive surgery with a huge recovery period.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
You should have said that you have sleep apnea, and you have to sleep with a machine hooked up everynight. Moving jaw backwards would make you suffocate at night.
I'm going to get a sleep study soon. Problem is that I don't snore at all, I used Sleep Cycle for a few weeks and not a single minute of snoring.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
I'm going to get a sleep study soon. Problem is that I don't snore at all, I used Sleep Cycle for a few weeks and not a single minute of snoring.
Thats crazy. I get like 20-25 mins

This is my "fear" tbh. Going to an orthodontist that just wants to use camoflauge orthodontics for an easy fix. Or consulting with a maxfac surgeon that only does linear movements. Although I have enough knowledge to see throught their methods.
good luck finding a blackpilled surgeon tbh

even the most respect surgeons in my area seem to heavily preference linear maxillary movements, and when I asked if they could do CCW to get a flat occlusal plane said that they dont like that look

• Woah
Reactions: Pumanator
good luck finding a blackpilled surgeon tbh

even the most respect surgeons in my area seem to heavily preference linear maxillary movements, and when I asked if they could do CCW to get a flat occlusal plane said that they dont like that look
Do youu actually need CCW? Also what country are you in?

Do youu actually need CCW? Also what country are you in?
a blackpilled surgeon I spoke to said that I would benefit from CCW.

however other bluepilled docs are saying that they wont do CCW, as I would get a flat occlusal plane which is not good/unecessary :ROFLMAO:

• JFL
you do not talk to orthodontists

I have a consultation with a UK ortho next week. Ultimately I would prefer to have an orthodonist near me for multiple reasons. However from what I have researched, orthodonists tend to only want to coordinate with maxfac surgeons they are familliar with. People here talk about the best jaw surgeons, but there is almost no discussion about the braces aspect of the treatment plan.

I need assistance going forward. Can I just ask X Maxfac surgeon (probably Raffaini, Rameiri, Alfano or Zarrinbal. I was supposed to consult with Zarrinbal on 1st october but I will have to reschedule for a later date) to formulate a surgery plan with Y orthodonist, or am I misunderstanding how the surgery process occurs? Do I just get braces then get jaw surgery when my teeth are straight? Side note I will need palate expansion before braces. My upper palate is very narrow.

Help would be appreciated :). I will also post pictures in a new thread once I have got X-rays and a CT scan.
It depends how you approached the situation.

If it’s for aesthetic purposes only:

you first contact a maxfac and consult with him. He will forward you to get Scans and then propose his idea of what should be done with you.
If he plans a bimax with orthodontic treatment you will either forward you to a specific orthodontist OR he wil leave it up to you to find one. If that’s the case you wil have to find and orthodontist who will treat you for a bimax. That orthodontist will then contact your surgeon and you will make plans with the surgeon. He will tell the orthodontist how he needs the teeth positioned. The ortho plans the braces accordingly. Once that’s done you get your braces.

if you do it for medical reasons you pretty much have the same path with the difference of the ortho won’t decline. I can imagine many orthodontists would not be willing to support a bimax for aetsethic purposes.

Sometimes the ortho forwarded you to a maxfac. Then he will do the planning with the surgeon.

• +1
It depends how you approached the situation.

If it’s for aesthetic purposes only:

you first contact a maxfac and consult with him. He will forward you to get Scans and then propose his idea of what should be done with you.
If he plans a bimax with orthodontic treatment you will either forward you to a specific orthodontist OR he wil leave it up to you to find one. If that’s the case you wil have to find and orthodontist who will treat you for a bimax. That orthodontist will then contact your surgeon and you will make plans with the surgeon. He will tell the orthodontist how he needs the teeth positioned. The ortho plans the braces accordingly. Once that’s done you get your braces.

if you do it for medical reasons you pretty much have the same path with the difference of the ortho won’t decline. I can imagine many orthodontists would not be willing to support a bimax for aetsethic purposes.

Sometimes the ortho forwarded you to a maxfac. Then he will do the planning with the surgeon.
I need a bimax for functional reasons. I just want the most aesthetic result possible.

I need a bimax for functional reasons. I just want the most aesthetic result possible.
Then you need to make sure you find the right maxfac. The ortho doesn’t really matter. The maxfac says the ortho what he needs

• +1