How long can you go without washing your hair? (+hair type)

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Closer than ever
I can go 2 days after shampooing, then on day 3 or 4 I'll do a conditioner wash that will give me an extra day usually. wavy-curly hair.

I haven't used shampoo in a month

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 16384 and 3 others
1 day only for me, otherwise it get greasy fast

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
  • +1
Reactions: NumbThePain
Just do it 1-2 times a week. I think the oils are there for a reason. I think frequent washing may cause balding. especially when washing hair in hot water.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: yhaight, Deleted member 16384 and ifyouwannabemylover
Haven't shampoo'd for like 1.5 months, still looks pretty clean. Basically don't use shampoo, AT ALL

• Ugh..
Reactions: Primordial
An infinity unironically

Can't remember when i last washed, whether with shampoo or not water or not

3 days, I never use shampoo. wavy hair

what the fuck, no wonder ppl stuck on this forum.... "infinity bro" :feelshmm:

• JFL
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
  • +1
Use dry shampoo

My hair is very weavy and curly and after about 3 days, my hair becomes pubic hair level and my scalp starts bleeding

• So Sad
1 day only for me, otherwise it get greasy fast

It quickly gets greasy because shampoo is like a nuclear bomb wiping out all the dirt and oils in the hair. But the problem is that by completely wiping out the oils in the hair the hair ends up becoming stiff and brittle. So the body compensates for the lack of oil by overproducing which ends up causing your hair to become a greasy mess.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
My dumbass used to shampoo my hair everyday when I went for a shower but I would always dread it because of how brittle my hair would get. Until I realized that you aren't supposed to shampoo your hair everyday, especially with the kind of shampoo I would use which would basically murder my hair. I eventually switched to shampoo every 3 days but now? I've stopped using shampoo all together and just use water to thoroughly clean it.

• +1
Reactions: never_lucky
I can go 2 days after shampooing, then on day 3 or 4 I'll do a conditioner wash that will give me an extra day usually. wavy-curly hair.
1 day before it’s greasy and stinks

I have a buzz cut rn tho so maybe that’s why

my hair (and skin) used to get greasy and nasty very fast before i started fin. that dht inhibition really slowed down sebum production, which i am pleased with.