How long should I wait after working out a muscle group before doing it again? Beginner btw

Deleted member 3795

Deleted member 3795

Kraken
Some people say 24 - 48, others say 72. Which is it?

1 day is enough imo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5187 and Deleted member 3795
3x/week full body is most efficient for natties that aren't advanced lifters

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795, RichardSpencel and Deleted member 5187
Train muscle every other day

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795
3x/week full body is most efficient for natties that aren't advanced lifters

right now my gym is closed obviously but I have dumbbells and a barbell at home so I’m mainly focusing on my arms. So biceps and triceps.

Depends how hard and heavy you train. If you train normally I would say 2 days for each muscle group

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795 and RichardSpencel
right now my gym is closed obviously but I have dumbbells and a barbell at home so I’m mainly focusing on my arms. So biceps and triceps.
You can do every muscle group but legs with that equipment

• +1
48hrs

• +1
1-2 intense hard sets 24 hours will be enough, 2-7 hard sets 48 will be enough 7-10 hard sets 72-96 hours

• +1
You can do every muscle group but legs with that equipment
You can do this for glutes, push up with your hips like you would in a hip thrust but one leg in the air to isolate one side of the glutes:

This for hamstrings with your feet under a sofa or something for support but don't keep your arms crossed over the chest keep them ready to soften your land so you don't smash your nose in at the bottom of the lift:

You can do bodyweight squats or bulgarian split squats with dumbells for quads and adductors
You can do this for glutes, push up with your hips like you would in a hip thrust but with 1 leg in the air to isolate one side of the glute:

This for hamstrings with your feet under a sofa or something for support but don't keep your arms crossed over the chest keep them ready to soften your land so you don't smash your nose in at the bottom of the lift:

You can do bodyweight squats or bulgarian split squats with dumbells for quads and adductors

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga and Deleted member 3795
48 hours unless you're on steroids. One exception is double stimulation training, which I wouldn't do as a beginner.

• +1
Depends on the intensity of the workout atleast three days and eat all the good food in between or you will never grow most of it is the food

• +1
48 hrs for same muscle groups, larger muscle groups need more rest, smaller muscle groups can be hit with higher frequency (ex. calves).