How to Benefit from MSE and Face Mask

maxillamaxer

maxillamaxer

Iron
First of all, make sure that you go to an experienced orthodontist. It would also be bad if your provider has a classical orthodontic perspective. He should be capable of understanding that your goal is to expand your face horizontally and that you do this in line with aesthetic concerns. After installing the MSE, ask your orthodontist specifically if one half of your face is less developed. If this is the case, you need to wear 2 times or 1 and a half times more elastic on the underdeveloped side. When you start turning the MSE, if there is still no gap between your teeth after the 7th turn, this is It indicates that MSE cannot expand your maxilla. If you are going to use a Face Mask, you should use the face mask for at least 23 hours a day for the first two months and increase the number of elastics every two weeks. The first two months are very important because a significant part of the forward growth occurs in the first 2 months, but you should still use a face mask for at least a year. If you notice asymmetry after a certain number of turns, stop turning and talk to your orthodontist immediately because this is your limit.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, SeriousAscension, Mr. President and 3 others
What's a face mask in this context?

What's a face mask in this context?
Rho

After installing the MSE, ask your orthodontist specifically if one half of your face is less developed. If this is the case, you need to wear 2 times or 1 and a half times more elastic on the underdeveloped side. When you start turning the MSE, if there is still no gap between your teeth after the 7th turn, this is It indicates that MSE cannot expand your maxilla.
Is this necessary even if you get EASE?

does it actually work
I mean I know that in theory it should mimic the results of a lefort 3 or a mfl3 but does it actually work in order to increase forward growth and to fix infraorbitals
wouldn't it be better if someone got the pterygomaxillary sutures opened in order to assist the movement of the maxilla
also why even turn the mse I already have big zygos and turning mse more will ruin my face the question is what if i stopped turning after I split the suture between 2 sides of my maxilla or just get my sutures surgically opened then wear a face mask till i get the movement i desire
but will it actually work
no that I'm recessed or really need that forward growth but as @HarrierDuBois said only for the maximum aesthetics possible

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell, inwardgonionscel and HarrierDuBois
does it actually work
I mean I know that in theory it should mimic the results of a lefort 3 or a mfl3 but does it actually work in order to increase forward growth and to fix infraorbitals
wouldn't it be better if someone got the pterygomaxillary sutures opened in order to assist the movement of the maxilla
also why even turn the mse I already have big zygos and turning mse more will ruin my face the question is what if i stopped turning after I split the suture between 2 sides of my maxilla or just get my sutures surgically opened then wear a face mask till i get the movement i desire
no that I'm recessed or really need that forward growth but as @HarrierDuBois said only for the maximum aesthetics possible
@HarrierDuBois would like to get your opinion as you are also looking forward to get lf3

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Spiritualcell, Deleted member 31497 and HarrierDuBois
I thought this version had a risk of receding the chin?
theoretically it does but there is a version of a facemask that doesn't

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell and Krakowski
theoretically it does but there is a version of a facemask that doesn't
I know, thats one is the one im reffering to, face bow or whatever it's called.

• +1
Reactions: IMOGYOU
  • +1
Reactions: Krakowski
@HarrierDuBois would like to get your opinion as you are also looking forward to get lf3
I am not getting lefort 3 tbh, lf 1 + implants can solve me.

• +1
I am not getting lefort 3 tbh, lf 1 + implants can solve me.
why? isnt it better to do lf3
also what do you think about mse + face mask + pterygomaxillary sutures opened
or same without mse

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Spiritualcell and HarrierDuBois
why? isnt it better to do lf3
also what do you think about mse + face mask + pterygomaxillary sutures opened
or same without mse
Not sure what that third thingammy is.

aint sarpe better than mse with less risks @tents

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel
in some cases MSE is not working even with EASE
What I mean is, are the extra elastics necessary to bring up the more underdeveloped side, even if you get EASE? Assuming that the MSE succeeds in splitting the suture. Should just have quoted the following:
After installing the MSE, ask your orthodontist specifically if one half of your face is less developed. If this is the case, you need to wear 2 times or 1 and a half times more elastic on the underdeveloped side.

Maxillary expansion is inherently unaesthetic.

The only methods of expansion you should look at is segmental Lefort 1 combined with some technique to reduce unadverse soft tissue effects if needed (alar cinch suture or subspinal Lefort cut I believe)
theres some kind of assymetry where my face looks compact in the right side but long, and narrow in the left side whenever i tilt my head in each side. what is causing this and how is it fixed?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3105
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3105
Getting this soon !!

does it actually work
Just don't expend more than 2 or 3 milimeters and keep turning the mse back and forth while still pulling with the face mask

• +1
Maxillary expansion is inherently unaesthetic.

The only methods of expansion you should look at is segmental Lefort 1 combined with some technique to reduce unadverse soft tissue effects if needed (alar cinch suture or subspinal Lefort cut I believe)
Ur wrong it's not always unaesthetic as it depends on the people, segmental Lefort 1 for lateral expansion is the fucking dumbest this ever

Ur wrong it's not always unaesthetic as it depends on the people, segmental Lefort 1 for lateral expansion is the fucking dumbest this ever
Segmental lefort 1 for lateral expansion is basically what SARPE is
2faecf_224ce27737464d3f8e196f14c97904cb~mv2.jpg

I know, we can also expend more with sarpe than with segmental Lefort1 but both could ruin the chance of getting hollow cheeks

I know, we can also expend more with sarpe than with segmental Lefort1 but both could ruin the chance of getting hollow cheeks
SARPE for lateral expansion has many cons and few redeeming qualities

1. Expansion of palate without expansion of maxilla may lead to fuller cheeks (bad) as the ratio of palate width to maxilla/zygo width gets lower

2. Allows for less palate expansion than MSE

3. Does lead to airway benefits

4. Does not facilitate facepulling/possible remodelling of mid facial bones

SARPE for lateral expansion has many cons and few redeeming qualities

1. Expansion of palate without expansion of maxilla may lead to fuller cheeks (bad) as the ratio of palate width to maxilla/zygo width gets lower

2. Allows for less palate expansion than MSE

3. Does lead to airway benefits

4. Does not facilitate facepulling/possible remodelling of mid facial bones
Exactly why i said it's shitty, segmental Lefort 2 like it's done with Coceancig won't change much both positively and negatively, probably a slightly wider smile and small nose breathing benefits

only libs wear masks

I already settled the MSE + FM question.

FM A MEME.

Waste of time and money.