How to fix my lower third? Any alternative to Bimax with CCW? [Pics]

a.i.ngel

a.i.ngel

Iron

Right side | left side | before I grew facial hair

I know I'll have to do a nose job, but jaw procedures should be performed first. How to fix my lower third? I think my problems are, in order:
  1. Gonial Angle/Short Ramus - The whole jaw looks weirdly rotated/shaped because of downward growth, making my face look long and just bad. I think it's the worst thing. The ramus should be longer, while the chin and perhaps philtrum could be even shortened - basically rotated counterclockwise.
  2. Recession - I don't even know how much is it recessed, looks like it's mostly weirdly shaped/rotated. That being said, some advancement of the lower jaw and maybe also maxilla would probably be beneficial. I might have a very small overbite too.
  3. Narrow Jaw - mostly the lower one? I remember small jaw used to also be a functional problem when I was a kid - I got braces to somehow make my teeth fit.
1 and 2 make my side profile look shit. The front isn't too bad apart from the narrow jaw. Let me know if you see this differently though.

I'm assuming Double Jaw Surgery with CCW would be the best, but the costs, recovery, and risks make me look for an alternative. (And the question if anyone would be willing to perform it considering I don't have any real functional issues).
So, would anything else be worth it? Like
  • MSE? Everyone praises it but I dunno if it would benefit me
  • IMDO? Seems like my lower jaw needs intervention the most, mostly praised but not many doctors perform it. Will it improve (1) the gonial angle/ramus?
  • SARPE? to make my jaw wider, is there anything to widen the mandible though?
  • Chin Wing/Genioplasty alone? genioplasty improvement would probably be minimal if any, could the chin wing help with the angle and recession? I heard it can even widen the jaw as well, so maybe that's the perfect procedure for me, in theory at least.
  • anything else idk?
Orthogenic procedures would be preferred above implants, but if Double Jaw surgery is the only good option, I may also consider getting implants because of BIMAX's cost/risks/recovery/lack of functional issues. Perhaps a combination of some orthogenic procedures + implants later (for the gonial angles/wider jaw) could be an option

LMK what do you recommend. At the moment I'm afraid Bimax+CCW would be necessary to really help me. I have the money saved but I'm fucking scared lol, would rather go for something else if it's promising.

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and Agendum
I think it's your neck insertion + hyoid tbh

• Hmm...
Reactions: ManzareK and a.i.ngel
this thread will change ur life:

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and JosephGarrot123
that thread is just abstract theorizing, I need practical advice.

honestly, maybe I should just go with implants in my case... improving gonial angles and jaw width is not that easy with orthogenic surgery

I would go with jaw angle implants tbh. Doesn't lool like you are significantly recessed and your mandible isn't shit either but your ramus could be better

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad

Right side | left side | before I grew facial hair

I know I'll have to do a nose job, but jaw procedures should be performed first. How to fix my lower third? I think my problems are, in order:
  1. Gonial Angle/Short Ramus - The whole jaw looks weirdly rotated/shaped because of downward growth, making my face look long and just bad. I think it's the worst thing. The ramus should be longer, while the chin and perhaps philtrum could be even shortened - basically rotated counterclockwise.
  2. Recession - I don't even know how much is it recessed, looks like it's mostly weirdly shaped/rotated. That being said, some advancement of the lower jaw and maybe also maxilla would probably be beneficial. I might have a very small overbite too.
  3. Narrow Jaw - mostly the lower one? I remember small jaw used to also be a functional problem when I was a kid - I got braces to somehow make my teeth fit.
1 and 2 make my side profile look shit. The front isn't too bad apart from the narrow jaw. Let me know if you see this differently though.

I'm assuming Double Jaw Surgery with CCW would be the best, but the costs, recovery, and risks make me look for an alternative. (And the question if anyone would be willing to perform it considering I don't have any real functional issues).
So, would anything else be worth it? Like
  • MSE? Everyone praises it but I dunno if it would benefit me
  • IMDO? Seems like my lower jaw needs intervention the most, mostly praised but not many doctors perform it. Will it improve (1) the gonial angle/ramus?
  • SARPE? to make my jaw wider, is there anything to widen the mandible though?
  • Chin Wing/Genioplasty alone? genioplasty improvement would probably be minimal if any, could the chin wing help with the angle and recession? I heard it can even widen the jaw as well, so maybe that's the perfect procedure for me, in theory at least.
  • anything else idk?
Orthogenic procedures would be preferred above implants, but if Double Jaw surgery is the only good option, I may also consider getting implants because of BIMAX's cost/risks/recovery/lack of functional issues. Perhaps a combination of some orthogenic procedures + implants later (for the gonial angles/wider jaw) could be an option

LMK what do you recommend. At the moment I'm afraid Bimax+CCW would be necessary to really help me. I have the money saved but I'm fucking scared lol, would rather go for something else if it's promising.

Honestly I would say that Bimax + CCW rotation is gonna be your best bet for jaw ascension. However Bimax itself won’t fix your gonial angle so I would say some small jaw angle implants would be a good combination.

MSE+IMDO really isnt a good idea in your case because it’s usually most effective in teens and children going thru puberty. SARPE won’t widen your jaw only the maxilla.

I would go with jaw angle implants tbh. Doesn't lool like you are significantly recessed and your mandible isn't shit either but your ramus could be better
Don’t be fooled by the beard, it’s camouflaging the lack of definition in his jaw. Bimax with CCW rotation is probably his best option.