How to make your own sunscreen (commercial sunscreen contains several endocrine disruptors)

Orc

Orc

diagnosed autist
45% coconut oil, 25% shea butter, 20% zinc oxide, 10% jojoba oil, toss these in a bowl above a pan of hot water to mix them and add whatever floral scent you want to it afterwards (they tend to evaporate if you do it while it's still warm), double check on what scents oils you're using as some such as lavender are also endocrine disruptors, but in the quantity that you're using them for this it's probably not an issue, that tends to be the case if you were to be applying the raw oil to your skin.

basil, clove, citrus, garlic, fennel, lemongrass, oregano, rosemary, and thyme have demonstrated significant antifungal activity against a broad range of fungal human pathogens, so these might be preferable.

for larger batches you basically just add shea butter at 50% the quantity of the amount of coconut oil you used, jojoba oil at 10% of the total quantity you have (this one isn't super important you can get away with just coconut butter and shea butter with zinc) and then add zinc oxide at 20%+ the total volume of what you've got, the zinc is the deciding factor in how much protection it gives, the more you use the higher the factor but it also becomes increasingly hard to apply, at 20% it's probably around 25~ combined with the oils.

don't use micronized zinc, that shit gets into your skin and bloodstream (but it's easier to apply and most commercial sunscreens use this)

you can easily order all of this shit online, a lot of women make their own make up and this is all sold by the same vendors.

by the way even without the herbal scents it still smells pretty nice and all of these products are good for your skin.

I've worn it on a hot summer day at work (35C) and didn't burn.
if you've got leftovers, most of these oils can be used as a moisturizer even during winter.

I ordered 50 bucks worth of raw product to make sunscreen and I've got enough to make like 200 worth of sunscreen.

it has some minor issues like oil separation (you need to shake it a little before applying) that's what a lot of the compounds in commercial mixes are for, to prevent that, and it's a bit annoying to apply on hairy areas i.e your beard, but that's about it.

here's the final product applied:

IMG 20220812 082036

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Sexually Disabled, Deleted member 1901 and 14 others
Modern sunscreen is paraben free. I don't see the point in this.

• +1
Reactions: lowerthirdking, Debetro, CristianT and 10 others
Modern sunscreen is paraben free. I don't see the point in this.
not free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene and avobenzone, but feel free to poison yourself.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: thefinalresent, callisto, mvp2v1 and 6 others
sunscreen is just 2 dollar bhai

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, JohnDoe, kuroganeikki and 6 others
not free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene and avobenzone, but feel free to poison yourself.
would u start your chicken farm next?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Diremeyer, Deleted member 20097 and 2 others
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thefinalresent, optimisticzoomer, KLESUM and 4 others
My sunscreen has octisalate and avobenzone as its main ingredients. You say these are endocrine disruptors?

• +1
Reactions: mogging
My sunscreen has octisalate and avobenzone as its main ingredients. You say these are endocrine disruptors?
most of the commercial brands I checked have octocrylene, which breaks down into benzophenone which is known to disrupt your hormones, and is on the proposition 65 list because it can cause cancer.

''octisalate may have endocrine effects, weakly binding to the estrogen receptor.''

''avobenzone can disrupt the endocrine system and has been shown to block the effects of testosterone in cellular studies (Klopcic 2017).''

most commercial screens are like this, you can whatever you want but it's not hard or expensive to make your own that's completely absent in any of these compounds, I was writing some shit about it earlier so I copy pasted the relevant strings of text into this thread.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horizontallytall, thefinalresent, CristianT and 2 others
45% coconut oil, 25% shea butter, 20% zinc oxide, 10% jojoba oil, toss these in a bowl above a pan of hot water to mix them and add whatever floral scent you want to it afterwards (they tend to evaporate if you do it while it's still warm), double check on what scents oils you're using as some such as lavender are also endocrine disruptors, but in the quantity that you're using them for this it's probably not an issue, that tends to be the case if you were to be applying the raw oil to your skin.

basil, clove, citrus, garlic, fennel, lemongrass, oregano, rosemary, and thyme have demonstrated significant antifungal activity against a broad range of fungal human pathogens, so these might be preferable.

for larger batches you basically just add shea butter at 50% the quantity of the amount of coconut oil you used, jojoba oil at 10% of the total quantity you have (this one isn't super important you can get away with just coconut butter and shea butter with zinc) and then add zinc oxide at 20%+ the total volume of what you've got, the zinc is the deciding factor in how much protection it gives, the more you use the higher the factor but it also becomes increasingly hard to apply, at 20% it's probably around 25~ combined with the oils.

don't use micronized zinc, that shit gets into your skin and bloodstream (but it's easier to apply and most commercial sunscreens use this)

you can easily order all of this shit online, a lot of women make their own make up and this is all sold by the same vendors.

by the way even without the herbal scents it still smells pretty nice and all of these products are good for your skin.

if you've got leftovers, most of these oils can be used as a moisturizer even during winter.

I ordered 50 bucks worth of raw product to make sunscreen and I've got enough to make like 200 worth of sunscreen.

it has some minor issues like oil separation (you need to shake it a little before applying) that's what a lot of the compounds in commercial mixes are for, to prevent that, and it's a bit annoying to apply on hairy areas i.e your beard, but that's about it.

View attachment 1822732
dream body ngl

The best natural sunscreen is cholesterol

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe, mvp2v1 and KLESUM
No thanks. I prefer to buy proven sunscreens.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: CristianT, mogging and Orc
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Constantin Denis, Deleted member 33579 and 2 others
own nothing, live in a pod, eat the bugs and wear proven™ sunscreen.
Easier to buy proven sunscreens than to make own sunscreens which are inferior to real sunscreens anyway.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, Yerico7, optimisticzoomer and 3 others
Easier to buy proven sunscreens than to make own sunscreens which are inferior to real sunscreens anyway.
takes 10 minutes and you won't disrupt your endocrine system.

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM
already posted ITT, listed all compounds that are all contained in commercial sunscreens that are known hormone disruptors.
The evidence isn't strong enough.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Debetro, CristianT, zura and 3 others
sunscreen is just 2 dollar bhai
what kinda third world cardboard box you livin outta b? a good sun screen cost at least 20 dollars

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer, Constantin Denis and .🇹🇩.
Chemicals add a layer to our skin (which protects us from UVB+UVA) which organic does not (still adds compounds to the skin). I don't know what's the point on doing this + it's better to get a Sunscreen (minimum 50fps/spf) that doesn't contain xenoestrogens. :D

View attachment 1822732
Respect the autistic level of care put into taking care of yourself down to making your own skincare products. Good post, might try for myself. 💪💪

• +1
it's better to get a Sunscreen (minimum 50fps/spf) that doesn't contain xenoestrogens. :D
there are about zero commercial sunscreens that have no hormone disruptors I checked every product they had in the local stores, and those you can order online aren't much different from this.

Fucking retarded thread. Use a sunscreen from Korea or Japan. They contain sunscreen filters like Tinosorb S and Uvinal A+ that have been proven to not cause estrogenic effects or interact with the endocrine system in vitro. US sunscreens contain Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Homosalate, etc because the FDA hasn't approved any new-generation sunscreen filters that have been proven to provide a higher safety and SPF profile than these primitive sun filters.

You have no evidence that formulating a bunch of essential oils with Zinc Oxide has proper SPF protection.

Fucking retarded thread. Use a sunscreen from Korea or Japan.
'just import sunscreen from korea that doesn't meet western guidelines and thus isn't sold in it anywhere bro'

You have no evidence that formulating a bunch of essential oils with Zinc Oxide has proper SPF protection.

there's plenty on the effectiveness of zinc in sunscreen.

• +1
'just import sunscreen from korea that doesn't meet western guidelines and thus isn't sold in it anywhere bro'

there's plenty on the effectiveness of zinc in sunscreen.
It’s almost like you can order shit online, ever heard of that?

When it’s formulated in a kitchen with a bunch of essential oils, you have no idea if that zinc oxide is properly distributed in your formulation, which can result in blotchy, uneven SPF coverage.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro

View attachment 1822732
Can you explain how the natural sunscreen prevents skin damage?

is there any evidence that these so-called endocrine disruptors penetrate the skin and go systemic?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
is there any evidence that these so-called endocrine disruptors penetrate the skin and go systemiic
Yes but the research is limited when it comes to actually relating it to commercial sunscreen.

my guess is ethically research groups can't go out and conclude that x chemical in sunscreen causes cancer as such a finding, although likely true, would cause greater harm as to most cancer > endocrine disruption in terms of hazard to health. Such a conclusion would cause people to be adverse to sunscreen and potentially cause harm.

But if you research individual ingredients you will then find studies analysing their impact.

This is a good site to start on:

Yes but the research is limited when it comes to actually relating it to commercial sunscreen.

my guess is ethically research groups can't go out and conclude that x chemical in sunscreen causes cancer as such a finding, although likely true, would cause greater harm as to most cancer > endocrine disruption in terms of hazard to health. Such a conclusion would cause people to be adverse to sunscreen and potentially cause harm.

But if you research individual ingredients you will then find studies analysing their impact.

this seems like they took sperm cells, placed them in an in vitro environment, and introduced the chemicals directly. doesn't really answer whether they penetrate the skin and go systemic.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and mfk
this seems like they took sperm cells, placed them in an in vitro environment, and introduced the chemicals directly. doesn't really answer whether they penetrate the skin and go systemic.
i understand, i just said that website is a good start for finding scholarly pieces on the individual chemicles started itt

already posted ITT, listed all compounds that are all contained in commercial sunscreens that are known hormone disruptors.
make some blood tests to see.

just making assumptions is not enough. I will stick to the sunscreens.

I only wear it for 1-2h while I take a walk in the sun.

Some people are wearing it all day on their face or they reapply every 2h. I can understand that wearing it for such amount of time it can do some harm to your face& body but in my case at least as I wear it so less time its not worth.

looking back at this thread makes me disappointed at how dyel I was even a year ago, absolutely sickening.

by the way I wore this shit the entire summer while working (for like 6~ months) and didn't burn even once, and it even made my skin extremely smooth and soft, and it smelled quite nice.

I don't make it myself anymore because the strength wasn't high enough, you're able to get up to like 20-30 spf before it becomes clumpy and impossible to apply, and I spend like 8 hours underneath the harsh sun on some days so I ordered some higher factor sunscreens that I thoroughly checked the ingredient list of.

what about reef safe sunscreens?

what about reef safe sunscreens?
most of those don't contain those so they're actually a pretty good choice.

the mineral sunscreen that I use for my body is one of those reef safe brands, it is quite chalky though.

• +1
Reactions: Loveland and Lethbridge

View attachment 1822732
Isnt coconut oil comedogenic? Also you have some kind of recipe to make a "non endocrine disrupting perfume" or could you technically just use this?

Isnt coconut oil comedogenic?
yes, but almost all oils are.

you can opt for only using shea butter and jojoba oil, or beef tallow might work too but I'm afraid it would make it too solid afterwards, that might not be a bad thing though, you can just scoop it out of a tray that way.

the only shit you absolutely need to use for a sunscreen is the zinc, you can use titanium too but it has it's own issues, you're fine if you use a non-nano form.

I don't make it myself anymore because the strength wasn't high enough, you're able to get up to like 20-30 spf before it becomes clumpy and impossible to apply, and I spend like 8 hours underneath the harsh sun on some days so I ordered some higher factor sunscreens that I thoroughly checked the ingredient list of.
What's the sunscreen you buy?

What's the sunscreen you buy?
face:

body:

• +1
Reactions: reptiles and TheDragon

because i am a sperm cell

Sun block is for weak cucks
Hahahah