I fought a guy who trained with olympic judokas yesterday

FailedNormieManlet

FailedNormieManlet

NTmaxxed pajeet
Never in my life have I been so outclassed in judo, normally when I fight someone heavier than me I am quicker than them. My coach has made remarks about my speed before and calls me a whippet JFL. But this old man - late 50s, was heavier AND quicker than me. Never in my life did I get so fucked up, every step I took I was getting swept and thrown. He was feinting/twitching so I'd react and then he'd go for a sweep. I was looking at the ceiling for like 50% of that session, he did show me a trick and gave me a bit of judo advice.

I am pretty excited fighting him again if he hopefully comes, I can pick some stuff up hopefully. I felt like a whitebelt all over again.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 18372, Jason Voorhees, thegoat and 3 others
Never in my life have I been so outclassed in judo, normally when I fight someone heavier than me I am quicker than them. My coach has made remarks about my speed before and calls me a whippet JFL. But this old man - late 50s, was heavier AND quicker than me. Never in my life did I get so fucked up, every step I took I was getting swept and thrown. He was feinting/twitching so I'd react and then he'd go for a sweep. I was looking at the ceiling for like 50% of that session, he did show me a trick and gave me a bit of judo advice.

I am pretty excited fighting him again if he hopefully comes, I can pick some stuff up hopefully. I felt like a whitebelt all over again.
cool story bro unironically

how applicable is judo to street fighting?

I might pick it up cuz I have a condition that would make boxing dangerous for me and i wanna learn a combat sport

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
cool story bro unironically

how applicable is judo to street fighting?

I might pick it up cuz I have a condition that would make boxing dangerous for me and i wanna learn a combat sport
It's really applicable to street fighting. But the learning curve is HARSH. It took me 3 entire months of non stop training until I got my first proper throw against someone, took me a further 2 more months until I started hitting some throws on people.

The progression for judo is very weird, you're very bad for the first few months and in fact you get worse at fighting. But there is this weird moment where shit just clicks for you and suddenly you start throwing everyone around like it was nothing.

I have never used judo in a street fight, but have wrestled/fought with my friends before who all have like 20kg on me, and I rag doll them fairly easily. But the gi (the funny jacket) is good and bad for streetfights. Irl most people wear clothes (hoody or jacket) so knowing how to grip the jacket (which is a skill in it's own right) will be VERY useful for fights. I do BJJ without the gi too, so I've learnt to adapt my judo for nogi (and it's just as good tbh).

I'd say in my honest opinion, judo is possibly the strongest martial art for street fights tbh. I've wrestled and stuff before, but judo mogs

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and whiteissuperior
It's really applicable to street fighting. But the learning curve is HARSH. It took me 3 entire months of non stop training until I got my first proper throw against someone, took me a further 2 more months until I started hitting some throws on people.

The progression for judo is very weird, you're very bad for the first few months and in fact you get worse at fighting. But there is this weird moment where shit just clicks for you and suddenly you start throwing everyone around like it was nothing.

I have never used judo in a street fight, but have wrestled/fought with my friends before who all have like 20kg on me, and I rag doll them fairly easily. But the gi (the funny jacket) is good and bad for streetfights. Irl most people wear clothes (hoody or jacket) so knowing how to grip the jacket (which is a skill in it's own right) will be VERY useful for fights. I do BJJ without the gi too, so I've learnt to adapt my judo for nogi (and it's just as good tbh).

I'd say in my honest opinion, judo is possibly the strongest martial art for street fights tbh. I've wrestled and stuff before, but judo mogs
very cool. Age and how long you been training?

• +1
very cool. Age and how long you been training?
I've been training since 18, I'm 21 now. Lockdown/covid put a dent in my training though. So it's been 1.5 years for me in judo and about 9 months in BJJ.

I train almost daily in BJJ where I practice judo throws and shit, so I am a bit above avg for my timeframe, but I think if you are like 75kg or something, you should be good within a year or two. I am 60kg and could beat any untrained adult confidently if they are at max 85kg. Past that and I struggle.

Largest person I have subbed and thrown was 90kg. But we were wearing the gi, and he was brand new. I rarely see 100kg dudes anyways, so I am pretty confident I could beat most guys in a fight

• +1
Reactions: whiteissuperior
I've been training since 18, I'm 21 now. Lockdown/covid put a dent in my training though. So it's been 1.5 years for me in judo and about 9 months in BJJ.

I train almost daily in BJJ where I practice judo throws and shit, so I am a bit above avg for my timeframe, but I think if you are like 75kg or something, you should be good within a year or two. I am 60kg and could beat any untrained adult confidently if they are at max 85kg. Past that and I struggle.

Largest person I have subbed and thrown was 90kg. But we were wearing the gi, and he was brand new. I rarely see 100kg dudes anyways, so I am pretty confident I could beat most guys in a fight
do you have time to gymcel while training? or do you only do Judo? also how good of a cardio source is BJJ/Judo? im tryna improve my lanklet frame and lower my heart rate.

last question

• +1
do you have time to gymcel while training? or do you only do Judo? also how good of a cardio source is BJJ/Judo? im tryna improve my lanklet frame and lower my heart rate.

last question
I gymcel in the morning/before judo. I do Judo and BJJ atm, they are good cardio sources but the cardio from them is a different form of cardio, running cardio =/= fighting cardio.

Your heart rate will probably lower, but I do think long dist cardio will probs do a better job at that

• +1
Reactions: whiteissuperior

You should ask him for advice since he's experienced

• +1
You should ask him for advice since he's experienced
I did, he gave me some advice and showed me a trick on how to break balance. My body was a little sore earlier from the beating

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
I did, he gave me some advice and showed me a trick on how to break balance. My body was a little sore earlier from the beating
Cheer up champ . I'm pretty sure you gave the old man a tough fight

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: currylightskin
old man fuckign killed me, but he did say I had a good attitude :D
You'll be much better than him in the future. In amateur level mma competitions do they test for roids ?

• +1
was he white?

• +1
How long did it take you to start winning fights? I feel when I start mma ill just be getting decked for the first year with no positive feedback whichll make it hard to continue

• +1
How long did it take you to start winning fights? I feel when I start mma ill just be getting decked for the first year with no positive feedback whichll make it hard to continue
3-4 months non stop training, by about 1 year and a bit, i can now throw most untrained people and submit them too. But I train pretty hard I think, like almost daily.

Yeah fighting sports are awful at the start, it's just you taking punishment lmao, working on defence and shit will save you

• +1
Reactions: thegoat