I like living like the early 2000s

mug

mug

Kraken
I made my iphone a dumb phone
bought a notebook and a real digital alarm clock
and for fun made my pc look like windows 7.

The world we grew up in as kids no longer exists, there is no longer prestigious business men in a Lexus and full piece suit at wall street its just nerds with aspergers everywhere.

having a phone that does everything takes away the magic of the world we used to live in and the meaning everything had. I had an ipod touch but when there was no wifi i was forced to engage with the real world. not to mention your phone makes you the product by constantly shitting ai generated apps made by tweens and even when you have an app thats supposed to make your life better it shits ads at you to buy their next one.

the point is, doing everything on your phone takes away so much character and richness that our parents had in their lives that we lack in ours.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Viltrum, Pollorex, toji. and 11 others
very valid OP

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and mug
Sounds like your just trying to cope with the fact that your getting old

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ascending2Tyrone, StrangerDanger, sportsmogger and 3 others
you're lucky i'm living in 2024 and it's shit

• +1
Reactions: Ascending2Tyrone
Sounds like your just trying to cope with the fact that your getting old
I'm 21 and i'm so relieved im not in school anymore. I do miss my childhood and early 2010s technology

but I also feel like everything got worse. like nothing has genuinely made anyones lives better since the iphone came out. like it is helpful, but social media takes away time from our already short lives.

• +1
Reactions: Viltrum, toji., yue and 2 others
Never understood this shit tbh new technology looks so much better and cleaner than the previous ones. Not even a debate and I was born in 2016

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Adelholzener and mug
first (dumb) phone I got in 2008.

sucks being poverty-raised cuz everyone sees and treats you like subhuman for not following the latest trend.

you cant do this anymore unless you have a strong community which won't judge you for it. You will NEVER find this in a city.

maybe in a small town smh.

• +1
Reactions: mug
over if you dont have latest smartphone and all the apps and pictures on ur socialmedia and the other shit jews make you do.

ull be socially ostracized

first (dumb) phone I got in 2008.

sucks being poverty-raised cuz everyone sees and treats you like subhuman for not following the latest trend.

you cant do this anymore unless you have a strong community which won't judge you for it. You will NEVER find this in a city.

maybe in a small town smh.
over if you dont have latest smartphone and all the apps and pictures on ur socialmedia and the other shit jews make you do.

ull be socially ostracized
just dont care, also who is following trends? like what is trend that would get you ostrisized? maybe that matters if your a girl and your girlfriends are ordering a coffee mix off tiktok

but what smart mature people in your circle would care if you dont post on insta or something jfl

im not anti technology i have an iphone 13 and a powerful pc.

I'm 21 and i'm so relieved im not in school anymore. I do miss my childhood and early 2010s technology

but I also feel like everything got worse. like nothing has genuinely made anyones lives better since the iphone came out. like it is helpful, but social media takes away time from our already short lives.
Good thread tbh social media has brought us so much opportunities but for the cost of our own freedom

• +1
just dont care, also who is following trends? like what is trend that would get you ostrisized? maybe that matters if your a girl and your girlfriends are ordering a coffee mix off tiktok

but what smart mature people in your circle would care if you dont post on insta or something jfl
Everyone? Everyone's always on insta or asking for it

Whats your fav childhood memory

• +1
I like living in the good ol' early 2010s

• +1
"The golden age is never the present age"

• +1
Reactions: Viltrum, mug and TechnoBoss