I need advice for orthodontic procedure

Htobrother

Htobrother

Jiggo
Hey guys ,
So i had an rapid palate expander 2 years ago
My ortho didn’t give me any brackets because I didn’t want any
The problem is now that my bite doesn’t meet right at the back Theeth
I told him I want to make my upper palate even wider and definitely keep the widh without retracting the maxilla
He agreed
But he said he needs to correct the tipping without moving anything so my theeth meets correctly and correcting the lower arch to meet

he created a model to show me i have few weeks to decide

the first without any marked red
Is now currently

the second marked with red is what he plans to do so he fixes the Buccal tipping and extrudes the back Theeth lengthening of the back upper Theeth he wants to use aligners

give me advice

Attachments

• D8C07C93-0D4E-4D81-AF81-F9F77CCC3F3C.png
    D8C07C93-0D4E-4D81-AF81-F9F77CCC3F3C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • D329635E-0D1A-4848-8802-2DE1FE5B3E8B.png
    D329635E-0D1A-4848-8802-2DE1FE5B3E8B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 4AEF8BD1-70A1-40A5-BBF9-60A4975B570F.png
    4AEF8BD1-70A1-40A5-BBF9-60A4975B570F.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3629F5B2-335C-4A28-8BA4-67330298BCFC.png
    3629F5B2-335C-4A28-8BA4-67330298BCFC.png
    585.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Why do you want even more palate expansion? There is already a slight gap between front teeth.

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother
Why do you want even more palate expansion? There is already a slight gap between front teeth.
because the wider the better more air more comfort better looks better smile bro

my ortho said my dear I have to respect the lower arch and how much bone there is
I can’t make your upper maxilla wider and wider because your Theeth won’t meeth
He knows I am about horizontal growth pattern and function
So he said I’m gonna keep the widh and just correct the buccal tipping without moving any of the bone of the maxilla
And correct the lower midline because I lost one tooth

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and SOS-Sonic
because the wider the better more air more comfort better looks better smile bro

my ortho said my dear I have to respect the lower arch and how much bone there is
I can’t make your upper maxilla wider and wider because your Theeth won’t meeth
He knows I am about horizontal growth pattern and function
So he said I’m gonna keep the widh and just correct the buccal tipping without moving any of the bone of the maxilla
And correct the lower midline because I lost one tooth
idk, maybe. I really think that expanding your palate even wider won't have any aesthetic improvement. I am not an ortho tho, so idk. maybe tag nelson, he is kinda high iq in this

• +1
idk, maybe. I really think that expanding your palate even wider won't have any aesthetic improvement. I am not an ortho tho, so idk. maybe tag nelson, he is kinda high iq in this
Ok
@nelson

Not super related, but did the palatal expansion affect your cheekbones? If so, to what extent?

• +1
Ok
@nelson
Yeah that result looks good. Where are you located and what's the cost? Also, do you plan on getting jaw surgery or have had it already?

• +1
Yeah that result looks good. Where are you located and what's the cost? Also, do you plan on getting jaw surgery or have had it already?
Thx bro Free my insurance pays it
No I don’t plan on getting surgery
My Ramus grew and the mandible bone I saw it one x rays 2 years ago hopefully it will grow more

Not super related, but did the palatal expansion affect your cheekbones? If so, to what extent?
Yes bro I can say palate expansion changed my life
My parate was very narrow i mean extremely narrow
I had breathing issues lower jaw set back a lot
Face was way narrower facial with the height ratio I lucked I also was young like 15-16 and no Ramus and Vienna’s because puberty started later looked like a cuck

It did a lot to cheekbones and mouth widh , also eye spacing

• +1
Face was way narrower facial with the height ratio I lucked I also was young like 15-16 and no Ramus and Vienna’s because puberty started later looked like a cuck

Was there a significant change in cheekbones and lip width?

Yes definitely everyone noticed the change
It was significant change
Also mouth widh and lips

• Love it
Yes definitely everyone noticed
Lifefuel, thanks bro. I'm saving up for MSE, hopefully I can get it next year when im 22. I heard MSE failure rate does up drastically as one apporached mid 20s.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Htobrother
To be honest my ortho is based
He did extra expansion I think i started at 30mm which is nothing or smth
he kept the retention phase for 8 months till it fused completely

• Woah
Lifefuel, thanks bro. I'm saving up for MSE, hopefully I can get it next year when im 22. I heard MSE failure rate does up drastically as one apporached mid 20s.
so sarpe for oldcels?

• +1
so sarpe for oldcels?
Mostly yeah, but there are men out there like ronald ead who successfully expanded with MSE in their 30s. But the failure rates a noticeably higher in people past their mid 20s.

In SARPE they cut the sutures below your cheekbones, while is guarantees expansion, the expansion won't be transferred to the cheekbones. So you will get a wider smile but you won't get as much upper maxilla widening and thus less aesthetics benefits. In other words, MSE mogs for aesthetics because it expands both the upper and lower maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670

Your eyes are further apart after MSE? I want to get MSE but I think my eyes are already too far apart as is. How many mm of expansion did you get? How did MSE make your mandible move forward?

• +1
Your eyes are further apart after MSE? I want to get MSE but I think my eyes are already too far apart as is.
Again I correct it’s RAPID palate expander not MSE My eyes were a bit closer together
It made them more apart which was a looksmax in my case now they are perfect position not too far apart and not too close
If that is
That you think eyes are already too far apart then don’t split the maxilla in half because they will get further apart

Again I correct it’s RAPID palate expander not MSE My eyes were a bit closer together
It made them more apart which was a looksmax in my case now they are perfect position not too far apart and not too close
If that is
That you think eyes are already too far apart then don’t split the maxilla in half because they will get further apart
Hard to tell. What's a good way to check IPD?

Also, how did MSE make your mandible forward? Did you do a facemask?

Rapid palate expander and MSE are similar iirc.

Mostly yeah, but there are men out there like ronald ead who successfully expanded with MSE in their 30s. But the failure rates a noticeably higher in people past their mid 20s.

In SARPE they cut the sutures below your cheekbones, while is guarantees expansion, the expansion won't be transferred to the cheekbones. So you will get a wider smile but you won't get as much upper maxilla widening and thus less aesthetics benefits. In other words, MSE mogs for aesthetics because it expands both the upper and lower maxilla.
Ye can cause assymetry tho

• +1

And you don't necessarily want wider zygos. Depends some ppl it would be a looksmin

• +1